1. https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/no-maintenance-scheduled.848583/
    Dismiss Notice

Chtristianity Forum

Discussion in 'Christian Fellowship' started by sunshine91496, Apr 3, 2005.

1. SVT

SVT Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    patrollin, tryin 2 catch'em postin dirtay!
    I've felt the underlying tensions also.

2. Eiano

Eiano Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:

Definitely...

I've never been a visitor of this forum (the Christianity) but I saw on the main page the title (Catholics are not Christians) and had to respond. It seems like there is some sort of misinformation about the RCC. IT's cool to ask questions, but not with things like :

"What's up with Catholics doing this..."
    or "believeing in this...."
    "Why do they worship false idols"

Even though it may not be it, seems like a backhanded blow by asking the question, but by saying it with such maliciousness.

3. fine_beauty

fine_beauty Jesus, I Trust In You!

Blog Posts:
    Ditto!

I also posted on the OT because I didn't want something that was a jubilant issue for me turning into a cops and robber contest. But man proposes and God disposes. My thread ended up in the Christianity forum and the only thing Poohbear had to add to my thread of joy was a nasty sarcasm enlightening me to the fact that she just realized who her holy father was!

I can hold my own on anyday in any language under any circumstance and weather when it comes to my faith and I know how to deal with a soft hand or a deathly blow but I would preferably not get hot under the collar for anybody hence my reluctance to go into the Christianity forum.

To everyone, I LOVE MY FAITH. I have struggled through it, left the church, was an evangelist, a prophetess for a denomination that ascribes to old testament rites before coming back to embrace my Catholic faith via the workings of the Holy Spirit. The story of my journey would baffle any of you anyday of the week.

Catholics are not dumb asses who just follow the dictates of Rome. For the record, we are as smart as the man next door and sometimes smarter, check out the history books.

This denominational bashing has to stop!!

4. vevster

vevster Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I think there are beautiful and ugly people in all denominations and I don't think that bashing someone else's religion is the way to go. That is the first thing to turn me off about a group when the say THEIRS is the only legit religion. Look at what a beautiful person Mother Teresa was!

5. beverly

beverly Admin (August 2007 Photo) Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    The reason why this thread was moved here, was because the initiator of this thread put the issues she had with the Christian Forum on blast in the Off Topic Forum. Otherwise the thread could have stayed were it was if she wanted it to be there :) If you have a problem with this board, you should address the people who post in this board on this board.

6. Poohbear

Poohbear Fearfully Wonderfully Made

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    Sunshine...Now you can't say this is GENERALLY true for ALL the Christian posters on this board. :( I've never thought that Catholics were not Christian. I've always thought they were Christians since they were the first Christian denomination. There are things and beliefs that I do disagree with (such as Purgatory). Just because someone made a thread about Catholicism is not Christianity doesn't mean EVERY NON-CATHOLIC here believes that. All Christian denominations have conflicting beliefs and intepretations of the Bible!!! ;) Take care and be blessed!!! :cool:

7. Poohbear

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    This is TRUE!!! Great post! :up:

8. fine_beauty

fine_beauty Jesus, I Trust In You!

Blog Posts:
    Poohbear,
    In defense of Sunshine, I don't think she was referring to you but the poster of the thread and those who acquiesed to notions that Catholics are not Christians.

Thanks again dear for clarifying your stance :wave:

9. Poohbear

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    Oh okay! See, I haven't read that whole thread and didn't see the outcome of it. ;)

10. Tracy

Tracy New Member

Blog Posts:
    Indeed, indeed.

Several posters mentioned that they felt the thread that generated this one was "not malicious". Not malicious? I wonder just how many threads it will take to reveal that some people are JUST malicious and NOTHING else? How easy it is to dismiss the potential maliciousness of someone when they don't challenge your own personal beliefs...

I guess when slowly but surely it reaches each and every person in their own back yard - as it did with single mothers, unmarried people in long term relationships, Catholics - it's only then that the passive aggressiveness and backhanded comments begin to look like malice. Sad, that self-interest allows judgment to be so easily clouded.

Very sad.

11. Poohbear

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    Really? :shocked: There were people that said that thread wasn't malicious??? If it wasn't malicious, then why were so many Catholics distressed, offended, upset, or whatever about that thread??? :( Like you said Tracy, very sad.

12. honeycomb719

honeycomb719 New Member

Blog Posts:

I dont understand how anything I posted generated these (bolded out)questions, hinch my lack of response.
    ***taking my siggy advice*** and exiting thread....