Chtristianity Forum

SVT

sunshine91496 said:
...my problem in this case, is that "Christian Forum" seems to be selecting who can call themselves Christians or other believers for that matters. Sorry I had to vent, but its really been bothering me. Yes I know I should not look at that particular forum if I don't like it, but when you have title's of posts like "Catholics are not Christians", I'm sorry I am going to have to respond.

I've felt the underlying tensions also.

Eiano

blaxalrose said:
To say Catholics are not Christians is uninformed, the Catholic Church is the first organized Christian church really, study the reformation, understand why the Protestants protested and began their own denominations, but do realize that the Church in Rome is where it started. I just can't believe that anyone would believe propoganda on a website without simply reading some history.

Definitely...

I've never been a visitor of this forum (the Christianity) but I saw on the main page the title (Catholics are not Christians) and had to respond. It seems like there is some sort of misinformation about the RCC. IT's cool to ask questions, but not with things like :

"What's up with Catholics doing this..."
or "believeing in this...."
"Why do they worship false idols"

Even though it may not be it, seems like a backhanded blow by asking the question, but by saying it with such maliciousness.

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Ditto!

I also posted on the OT because I didn't want something that was a jubilant issue for me turning into a cops and robber contest. But man proposes and God disposes. My thread ended up in the Christianity forum and the only thing Poohbear had to add to my thread of joy was a nasty sarcasm enlightening me to the fact that she just realized who her holy father was!

I can hold my own on anyday in any language under any circumstance and weather when it comes to my faith and I know how to deal with a soft hand or a deathly blow but I would preferably not get hot under the collar for anybody hence my reluctance to go into the Christianity forum.

To everyone, I LOVE MY FAITH. I have struggled through it, left the church, was an evangelist, a prophetess for a denomination that ascribes to old testament rites before coming back to embrace my Catholic faith via the workings of the Holy Spirit. The story of my journey would baffle any of you anyday of the week.

Catholics are not dumb asses who just follow the dictates of Rome. For the record, we are as smart as the man next door and sometimes smarter, check out the history books.

This denominational bashing has to stop!!

sunshine91496 said:
Hi everyone, I posted on the Off- topic forum because, I do feel personally attacked when I post on the Christian forum. The whole point is that some believe Catholics are not Christian so when I post there, I feel as if my points are not taken seriously. Also in theory I have no problem with having the board. In fact, I initally started viewing the Christian board because I was so inspspired from some Christian ministers, especially Joel Osteen out of Lakewood Church and some other local ministers in the Washington DC area. I have found some really interesteing revelations through listening to these non-Catholic ministers and have actually enhanced my faith and readings of the Bible. That is why I was surprised by some of the messages there. God is bigger than any one religion and God does not make mistakes, I have personally experienced several of God's miracles in my own life, not because I'm Catholic, but because I believe and have faith in Him

vevster

I think there are beautiful and ugly people in all denominations and I don't think that bashing someone else's religion is the way to go. That is the first thing to turn me off about a group when the say THEIRS is the only legit religion. Look at what a beautiful person Mother Teresa was!

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
The reason why this thread was moved here, was because the initiator of this thread put the issues she had with the Christian Forum on blast in the Off Topic Forum. Otherwise the thread could have stayed were it was if she wanted it to be there :) If you have a problem with this board, you should address the people who post in this board on this board.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Sunshine...Now you can't say this is GENERALLY true for ALL the Christian posters on this board. :( I've never thought that Catholics were not Christian. I've always thought they were Christians since they were the first Christian denomination. There are things and beliefs that I do disagree with (such as Purgatory). Just because someone made a thread about Catholicism is not Christianity doesn't mean EVERY NON-CATHOLIC here believes that. All Christian denominations have conflicting beliefs and intepretations of the Bible!!! ;) Take care and be blessed!!! :cool:

Poohbear

blaxalrose said:
To say Catholics are not Christians is uninformed, the Catholic Church is the first organized Christian church really, study the reformation, understand why the Protestants protested and began their own denominations, but do realize that the Church in Rome is where it started. I just can't believe that anyone would believe propoganda on a website without simply reading some history.
This is TRUE!!! Great post! :up:

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Poohbear,
In defense of Sunshine, I don't think she was referring to you but the poster of the thread and those who acquiesed to notions that Catholics are not Christians.

Thanks again dear for clarifying your stance :wave:

Poohbear said:
Sunshine...Now you can't say this is GENERALLY true for ALL the Christian posters on this board. :( I've never thought that Catholics were not Christian. I've always thought they were Christians since they were the first Christian denomination. There are things and beliefs that I do disagree with (such as Purgatory). Just because someone made a thread about Catholicism is not Christianity doesn't mean EVERY NON-CATHOLIC here believes that. All Christian denominations have conflicting beliefs and intepretations of the Bible!!! ;) Take care and be blessed!!! :cool:

Poohbear

fine_beauty said:
Poohbear,
In defense of Sunshine, I don't think she was referring to you but the poster of the thread and those who acquiesed to notions that Catholics are not Christians.

Thanks again dear for clarifying your stance :wave:
Oh okay! See, I haven't read that whole thread and didn't see the outcome of it. ;)

Tracy

Lorraine said:
I am Catholic and tend to avoid the threads that disguise themselves as asking questions about the faith when all they want to do is reopen the discussion for more bashing. Answers regarding Catholicism should be voiced to a priest or even require individual research. In my opinion, if you really want to understand something you would make an effort to educate yourself through leaders, professionals, and literature. You wouldn't ask a handful of people on a hair message board. Some people just take pleasure in demoralizing others.

Indeed, indeed.

Several posters mentioned that they felt the thread that generated this one was "not malicious". Not malicious? I wonder just how many threads it will take to reveal that some people are JUST malicious and NOTHING else? How easy it is to dismiss the potential maliciousness of someone when they don't challenge your own personal beliefs...

I guess when slowly but surely it reaches each and every person in their own back yard - as it did with single mothers, unmarried people in long term relationships, Catholics - it's only then that the passive aggressiveness and backhanded comments begin to look like malice. Sad, that self-interest allows judgment to be so easily clouded.

Very sad.

Poohbear

Tracy said:
Indeed, indeed.

Several posters mentioned that they felt the thread that generated this one was "not malicious". Not malicious? I wonder just how many threads it will take to reveal that some people are JUST malicious and NOTHING else? How easy it is to dismiss the potential maliciousness of someone when they don't challenge your own personal beliefs...

I guess when slowly but surely it reaches each and every person in their own back yard - as it did with single mothers, unmarried people in long term relationships, Catholics - it's only then that the passive aggressiveness and backhanded comments begin to look like malice. Sad, that self-interest allows judgment to be so easily clouded.

Very sad.
Really? :shocked: There were people that said that thread wasn't malicious??? If it wasn't malicious, then why were so many Catholics distressed, offended, upset, or whatever about that thread??? :( Like you said Tracy, very sad.

honeycomb719

Jessy55 said:
Perhaps because the issue of Catholic bashing has been talked about there and nothing of substance has apparently come out since these threads periodically keep coming up.

Many Catholics feel they are on the defensive in the Christianity forum. Why is this so in a forum that claims to be about Christian Fellowship? And, no, I don't see other Christian denominations being bashed or "questioned" to the extent that Catholicism is. Do you really think that Catholics are being paranoid and that their concerns are without foundation?

I dont understand how anything I posted generated these (bolded out)questions, hinch my lack of response.
***taking my siggy advice*** and exiting thread....