City Of Fire

blazingthru

I had an amazing study quite a while ago. I wanted to post it before times change to much and I can't.

I wanted to title it Consuming Fire, but decided city is better,

We all grew up hating and fearing Hell but what we all know, but didn't pay attention to, is that Heaven is a City of Fire.

Hell is the grave, no matter how its gets twisted, that is what Hell is. The grave, The very presence of God is the Consuming Fire. Didn't we all know that God is a Consuming Fire,

Hebrews 12:28-29 King James Version (KJV)
28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire.

So I have a ton of scriptures to post, I am leaving for work, but had to get this started.

So many folks have spent so much time listening to what their itching ears want to hear they cannot discern what is true and right, we know that by the elections, which is utterly amazing. I can't stop watching it because I am amazed and stunned with what gets said and then the folks reaction. intelligent people making senses of rhetoric and nonsense. Amazing. totally deaf and blind.

God is Hebrew 12;29 A Consuming Fire
God is the Matt 3:12 Unquenchable Fire
God is the Jude 1:7 Eternal Fire

We have seen all of this before, So what fire is Eternal? What fire is Unquenchable. That should answer your question about hell. God is that Fire. Just his presences. The wicked cannot dwell in the presence of God without being consumed, what you know already is the wicked will ask God to destroy them. We seen a glimpse of this with Moses, with God just speaking to the Israelite, What about when Moses came down from the mountain, they couldn't look at him, his face was so bright, they asked him to wear a veil. The very presences of God is FIRE.

Revelation 14:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Why Fire?

Love! God is Love

Solomon 8; 6-7

Song of Solomon 8:6-7 King James Version (KJV)

6 Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.

7 Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.

I have more to add at the end of the day.

blazingthru

Consuming Fire and City of Fire

God is love and will not allow anyone to suffer for eternity and it’s a sad thing to believe that he would.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9 How will Jesus be revealed?
2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Everlasting destruction: ever lasting affect, cannot recover, never restored- permanent, not able to be put together again. Completed. Not going on any longer.

Hebrews 12:29 Who is God___ FIRE,
Matthew 3:12 Who is God___ FIRE,
Jude 1:7 God is the Eternal Fire, The wicked cannot dwell in the presence of the Lord because of the Consuming fire. ( so amazing). When the wicked are destroyed they are destroyed at just the presence of the Lord, who is a _________Fire. Aha!
Matthew 25:41 is the wicked ever lasting? Who did God promise to give ever lasting life too? John 3:16
Revelation 14:11 The Smoke ascended up forever and ever. It doesn’t mean forever, it means along time, just like the larger an area is burned the longer it takes for the smoke to fade away sometimes it might take months.
Psalms 37:20, The smoke ascended because the wicked will be turned to Ashe.

Rev 20:10, this Forever and ever, does not mean eternity the way we think, it means when we say I will love your forever and ever, which means until I die. It just means as long as they lived.

Examples,

Exodus 27:20 Is the lamp burning today?
Exodus 30:21 Do the Priest still do that, NO the temple is no more.
Exodus 21:6 Shall serve him forever, ( until he died)
Lev 6:13 Did the lamp go out?
Dan 12:2 Contempt which is ever lasting
1 John 3:15
15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
Where are the wicked tormented? Rev 14:10
Revelation 14:10
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

blazingthru

I posted a lot of details of mostly punishment, but it all has to do with the fact that heaven is a place of fire, of which I will post those scriptures as well, God is a consuming fire. You cannot live a life of sin and stand before him, its impossible, his objective is to get us back to that point where we can now stand before God. And that willful sinners, cannot endure his presences.

His throne is made of fire, fiery stream comings pouring out of his throne, beneath his seat there is fire. The Angels are of Fire, the City is all fire.

Which is so amusing because everyone is trying not to go to Hell, but never considered what it all means to go to heaven.
heaven is not a pleasant place for the lost, they just wouldn't want to go there it would be utter torment for them. The fact is people tell you about their stories of going to heaven or hell, but its never ever what the word says. its what others have said about heaven. beautiful place of light. Well its way more then that isn't it. Here is the remaining scriptures. oh wait, did anyone ever think about Elijah and his journey to heaven. It always struck me as strange. Why a fiery chariot but then we see it again.

2 Kings 6:17
And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

How will the Lord come?
Isaiah 66:15
For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

The remaining text this evening.

blazingthru

Why Fire?
Solomon 8:6-7 The very nature of God is Love. So fire equates to
Love. Fire is love.
Ezekiel 28:14
What is these stones of fire? Two tables of Stones, ah! Yes, the “Ten
Commandments”
Deu 33:1 Fiery Law for them, when God wrote, He wrote in Fire, if you
love me keep my commandments.
Romans 13:10 love is the fulfilling of the Law.
Ezekiel 28:15 Sin Transgression the Law of Love
Ezekiel 28:16
Gen 1:26 Our God is a Consuming Fire – is not the sun a blazing fire?
Far enough away to keep us warm and give us light but close enough to
burn as well.
1 John 1:5 No Darkness at all when light comes in
Psalm 104:1-2 Who covers thyself in a light Garment (fire garment)
Adam and Eve were able to stand in God’s presence without being consumed.
Gen 3:9-10 God is trying to get us back to the place where we can
stand in his presences without being consumed.
Exodus 3:2-3 Gods ideal for us is to stand In his love and not be consumed.
Dan 3:22

HEAVEN IS A CITY OF FIRE
Dan 7:9-10 his throne was like the fiery flame and his wheels are burning fire
A Fiery Stream issued and came forth from before him.
You know God promises us to sit on his throne, Really!!!!!!
Rev 10:1 The angels of heaven or like fire, Pillars of Fire. (how did
we ignore this for so long)
Rev 7:9 White – Greek word= Fire- A robe of Fire
Rev 15:2 And I saw a sea of glass mingled with fire, and them that
had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over
his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass,
having the harps of God.
Heaven is a city of fire
God is a consuming fire,
The angels are angels of fire
His throne is a throne of Fire
Sea of Glass mingled with fire.

Matt 3:10 -11
Isaiah 33:14-15 Who can live with this devouring fire? They cry
“who can survive this all-consuming fire?”
Ezekiel 33:11 As Surely as I live, says the Sovereign LORD, I take no
pleasure in the death of the wicked people. I only want them to turn
from their wicked ways so that they can live. Turn! Turn from your
wickedness, O people of Israel! Why should you die?

God is a consuming fire, and heaven and the angels are clothes with fire, a lot to consider.

blazingthru

These scriptures support The idea of purgatory since nothing impure can enter heaven. Purgation=purification. Jews also believed in another state besides heaven and hell for purification.

https://www.fisheaters.com/purgatory.html
Hi Belle Du Jour, Nah! it doesn't support purgatory at all. First off, Sorry I didn't get a chance to read the article, but purgatory to my understanding" is like a waiting place" you wait there till you are purified? but you suffer in torment, no comparision, Yes, Heaven is aplace of fire it is, but it doesn't equate to the theory of purgatory by no means. No sin will enter heaven, earth is the final resting place and God is not having folks being tormented in the fire and living forever. Those who go through the fire on this earth at the end of the 1,000.00 years will die, they will burn up till they are ashes. Everyone who is lost, will burn at different stages, some longer then others. Satan the longest and that will be the end of Sin. There will be no "souls" burning for eternity. We were created in the image of God. Only the most vile person would want their loved ones to suffer on and on and on. God has already put in our hearts the desire to protect and cherish our loved ones, why is it so easy to accept that he would have someone burn up forever, His fire is not the fire that will destroy the earth. his fire is the fire of Love. Those who are lost cannot stand in that fire, sin cannot rest in his Love, his love is all consuming and sin will be destroyed forever, never to rise again. It cannot stand in the presence of that consuming fire. In a way it sounds very strange, but it makes sense. It isnt as if God has to do something special, though he will, he will rain down fire and brimstone, but truthfully, just him showing up will destroy the wicked. Anyway, this is all me, I didn't research and I will. I just do not have nearly as much time as I use to. I am rushing out the door as I type.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Disclaimer: I offer this as a catholic explanation and is not to be taken as an attempt to convert anyone. I don't accept coercion and will not subject anyone else to that as I loathe the practice. It's just discussion.

If I might add, that fire is the love of G- d not to punish but to purify on unconfessed venial sins. Purgatory is for those who died in G-d's favor (salvation) and is not a place for the damned. We pray for the dead (basically, for those in the cleansing) that their souls will ascend from the purification. http://www.thedivinemercy.org/news/Part-1-Proof-of-Purgatory-Look-No-Further-3723 The Church practiced these as taken from their Jewish faith. It wasn't invented with the Christ. This is one reference and there are others:

2 Maccabees 12:42-46Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
42 And so betaking themselves to prayers, they besought him, that the sin which had been committed might be forgotten. But the most valiant Judas exhorted the people to keep themselves from sin, forasmuch as they saw before their eyes what had happened, because of the sins of those that were slain.

43 And making a gathering, he sent twelve thousand drachms of silver to Jerusalem for sacrifice to be offered for the sins of the dead, thinking well and religiously concerning the resurrection,

44 (For if he had not hoped that they that were slain should rise again, it would have seemed superfluous and vain to pray for the dead,)

45 And because he considered that they who had fallen asleep with godliness, had great grace laid up for them.

46 It is therefore a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosed from sins.

Ancient Jewish concept:

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/12446-purgatory

The problem in discussing this either for or against the Catholic viewpoint (even Jewish) is that we don't adhere to sola scriptura and neither did the "Old" Testament. There is Holy tradition given by G-d Himself to Moses...and in Christianity, from Jesus to the Apostles that do not contradict scripture. It's veracity is a matter of perception, I suppose.

beingofserenity

Thank you so much for this. :)

It is right on time for me. One huge reason why I rejected Christianity is because I just could not bear the thought of Hell being a place of everlasting torment. I couldn't understand how God could be love but also subject his children to something like that. And I was starting to wonder how I could ever be good enough to enter heaven. I felt hopeless and afraid. And the fear was leading me away once again.

I was probably close to turning my back but I decided today to do some digging into Hell and what it is and why and I'm so glad I did. I feel so much better, so much lighter. It's amazing to discover that what I thought was not true and that God really is love. I'm going to keep digging and learning. I'm so excited now. There was so much that I misunderstood even though I have always yearned for a true relationship with God and I feel now that I can trust in the Bible.

The Christian God must be the true and only God because what are the chances that I would be led to this just when I truly needed it.

Thanks again :):):)

Belle Du Jour

Thank you so much for this. :)

It is right on time for me. One huge reason why I rejected Christianity is because I just could not bear the thought of Hell being a place of everlasting torment. I couldn't understand how God could be love but also subject his children to something like that. And I was starting to wonder how I could ever be good enough to enter heaven. I felt hopeless and afraid. And the fear was leading me away once again.

I was probably close to turning my back but I decided today to do some digging into Hell and what it is and why and I'm so glad I did. I feel so much better, so much lighter. It's amazing to discover that what I thought was not true and that God really is love. I'm going to keep digging and learning. I'm so excited now. There was so much that I misunderstood even though I have always yearned for a true relationship with God and I feel now that I can trust in the Bible.

The Christian God must be the true and only God because what are the chances that I would be led to this just when I truly needed it.

Thanks again :):):)

Hell is real.
God doesn't send people there, people choose hell by their own actions.
God wants all to be saved but Jesus a Himself said narrow is the road that leads to heaven and few people find it.
One of Satan's greatest tricks is convincing people that he doesn't exist and he'll isn't real.

beingofserenity

Hell is real.
God doesn't send people there, people choose hell by their own actions.
God wants all to be saved but Jesus a Himself said narrow is the road that leads to heaven and few people find it.
One of Satan's greatest tricks is convincing people that he doesn't exist and he'll isn't real.

If so few people find it, what's the point of trying? How does one know if they'll be saved or not?

I get where you're coming from, but when people talk like that it just de-motivates me. Whatever Hell is, fear of it isn't going to keep me faithful.

Belle Du Jour

If so few people find it, what's the point of trying? How does one know if they'll be saved or not?

I get where you're coming from, but when people talk like that it just de-motivates me. Whatever Hell is, fear of it isn't going to keep me faithful.

I think Our Lord is saying to each of us to open our eyes and don't go the way of the culture. If the majority is doing it, it's probably not the path to heaven. Love of God should keep you faithful, not just fear of hell, but realities are realities...we can't stick our heads in the sand.

Blessings to you on your journey. I'm working out my salvation daily too :yep:

blazingthru

sorry I been missing. I had a minor surgical procedure that ended up with complications. But showed me how very sick I really am. Life is so funny. One minute your doing well and all is good and the next your world is no longer the same.
@beingofserenity, Thank you so much for your post, those were the words I needed to hear as well. I was kinda of in a slump. I now have shortness of breath and its taken over my life. Everything is difficult for me. Whatever I do makes me extremely tired and I think I was losing focus.

So when it comes down to Christianity there is a lot your going to hear that makes you want to give up and throw in the towel. that just means you have to study a little more and a little longer, There's a true meaning in it all. There's something missing we all have to get, we won't all get it. Because we have something that ties us to this earth to this life that we can't let go of. That is the the problem in the center. When you begin to understand the awesome story and what it all means everything starts to make sense.
For me sometimes I want to forget and let go and be like everyone else oblivious, but I can't I could never embrace that life again. Its easy as pie. I am surrounded by my family members who go to service on a day I do not and have a lifestyle that I do not and they are not curious about it, nor do they want to change anything in their life, that is hard, it makes me want to give up. but we have to be grounded in the word. that truly is our only hope and salvation, the word of God is where we draw our strength.
@Belle Du Jour, that is what we are suppose to do work out our faith. But you know who you are and I know who I am but I am always researching. just because I decided to chose my faith doesn't mean it owns me. I am working out my faith with fear and trembling. I don't take anything at face value, I get so excited when I am learning some new thing then I go home and research it myself. I know that the word says beware of false prophets, shepherds, we can't if we don't know the voice of our master. And honestly, and truly. I would never ever be apart of any faith that says that I can't look into other faiths. that I can't be objective about this "new" information. That I can only agree with it and nothing else. Nope, if God wanted me to be a rebot then he would have created me with a blank mind.

But then you guys know already, that the teachings of Hell are not what they seem. That you have to dig if you want to know the truths of the bible.