Clarifying Shampoo after Relaxer

JenJen2721

I just got a relaxer on Sunday and prior to relaxing I based my scalp w/hair grease and I also used it on my ends for protection mixed w/Nexxus Headress. Well here it is two days later and my hair is feeling kinda icky. It feels limp and lifeless, if that makes sense. Anyway, I was thinking to get the "life" back /images/graemlins/whyme.gif I would use a clarifying shampoo tonight followed by Motions CPR and a moisturizing conditioner.

My question is: Is it too soon after a relaxer to use a clarifying shampoo?

Thanks in advance,
Jen

Integrity

it may be that after the relaxer you did not wash the scalp well to rid it of the base. a clarifier should be fine but focus on your scalp or the clarifier will dry your hair out if it is pretty clean.

candycane

Another option would be to do an apple cider vinegar rinse after using a regular shampoo. I did that after my last touch up and did not have yucky residual base residue like I have been known to have after other touch ups

Candycane

JenJen2721

Thanks for the advice, guys!
I think instead of using the clarifying shampoo, I'll try the ACV rinse and really focus on my scalp while shampooing.
Thx again!
Jen

Tracy

An acv rinse will also re-acidify the hair which will help bring it back to the right PH just in case it didn't quite make it there.

This is great advice.