Clarifying shampoo

Kawaii1

Will a clarifying shampoo help with hard water? My hard became very dry from washing with faucet water and I was wondering if a clarifying shampoo will help? If so can i use any kind or something specific.

HoneyDew

Some do - Some DO NOT. I learned the hard way.

Look for those that actually say "For Hard Water", "For Swimmers", or those that say they are chelating. Looks for those that contain EDTA. I try to make sure even my regular shampoo has EDTA, as well.

I like Kenra Chelating. Redken has the "Cleansing Cream", but it strips my hair too much. I find the Kenra to be more gentle.

I have been trying to avoid sulfates in my shampoos and I also found ABBA Molasses clarifying that is sulfate free and good for hard water. Kind of costly, but Ebay gets me the hook up on it.

Also, I did not like that ION brand from Sally's Hard Water shampoo. Something just was not right. Makes for a decent hand soap, though. :)

foxy kc

I have some serious hard water in my area, so I use Kenra Clarifying weekly, and that does the trick.

Kawaii1

Thanks, I started using bottle water that helped. I think for a while I will stick with that and then try the clarifying shampoo I am really scared to use the faucet water again my hair is doing really good now. It's soft and strong. I'm pretty proud.:yep: