Classic Length 2010 Challenge Part I

Candy828

:welcome3:To The Super Long Hair Journey!:welcome3:

If you have made it this far...Then you have been through some struggles, set-backs, stress, high moments, and low moments! Now you are experts in your own right! I want to be one of the first to congratulate :flowers: you on a job well done! I will be keeping each of you in my prayers :pray: nightly, that you will reach your goal of Classic Length. So Let the hair growing begin!:yahoo:

This is my first attempt at a new thread and I will do my best to keep up with the updates to this thread as much as possible....:look:

Classic Length 2010 Challenge Part I is from May 1st to December 30th
Classic Length 2011 Challenge Part II of 2010 Challenge is from January 1st to May 1, 2011
Classic Length 2011 Challenge Part III of 2010 Challenge is from May 1, 2011 to December 30, 2011

This will not take up a lot of your time. Just post a starting pic (this can be your most recent update picture from another challenge) and what you plan to do to reach Classic Length.

CL Part I Official Check-In Dates Are:
June 30, 2010
September 30, 2010
December 30, 2010

hopefully, I am not taking this journey alone!!!!!!!:nono:

I will start.... I posted my starting pic is from the March 21st hair update on the HL and TL Challenge Boards.

To reach Classic Length I will be sticking to my current regimen:
- Asian Essence shampoo every two weeks
- Shikakai Bar Hair Soap the other two weeks
- Pantene Smooth Conditioner for DC Homemade Conditioner
- Daily: Herbs, Berries, and Homemade Juice mix
- Daily Scalp Messages
- Low manipulation
- Mostly Protective Styles
- Little Heat
- Finger Combing
- Vitamins, nutrious diet, exersize (hiking)

Occassionally, I will post hair styles!
So who is with me? :hiya::office:

I'll sprinkle some extra :fairy: dust on this thread...

CL Part I Participants:
1. CelinaStarr
2. Yamilee21
3. FlowerHair
4. Lita (Princess Lita)
5. LadyPaniolo
6. Me (Candy828)

CL Part II Participants (New Thread Starts Dec. 15, 2010):
1. MzMoMo5235
2. Lucia
3. SmilingElephant
4. CelinaStarr
5. Yamilee21
6. FlowerHair
7. Lita (Princess Lita)
8. Toy
9. LadyPaniolo
10. Dragon_of_Vaeros
11. stelladata
12. Me (Candy828)

CL Part III Participants (New Thread Starts April 15, 2011):
1. MzMoMo5235
2. Lucia
3. SmilingElephant
4. schipperchow1
5. Toy
6. Dragon_of_Vaeros
7. stelladata

Subscribing Supporters We:blowkiss:Our Supporters!
1. CurlyMoo
2. NJoy
3. Firstborn2
4. grow
5. Qtee
6. SingBrina
7. AngelDoll
8. LaFemmeNaturelle
9. Wyldcurlz
10. BostonMaria
11. Tracycee
12. Spring
13. Your hair is your glory
14. Janet
15. detriotdiva
16. Conterria
17. Whimsy
18.. LoveLongLocks
19. hillytmj
20. PinkladyJ
21. MrsIQ
22. Miss*Tress
23. Optimus Prime
24. Wyrdway
25. MariposaSexyGirl
26. naturalgyrl5199
27. beans4reezy
28. orchidgirl
29. Curali
30. cmw45
31. Nova
32. DesignerCurls
33. omachine
34. 2themax
35. tenderheaded
36. SlantedEyezMiss2003
37. tkj25
38. bebezazueta
39. Lovelylife

Looking for Something Specific?

CL Thread Table of Contents (Index)

Page 1
Midnightscurls, Leobodyc5 and SongsofJoy143 ...............Post #13
Lady with side braid video .................................................#12
Standrard Hair Lengths .....................................................#20

Page 2
Chinese Braided Bun Tutorial ..............................................#26
Signature Bun .................................................................#27
How to use Hair Sticks .....................................................#28
Tip for your Nape Hair ......................................................#34

Page 3
The Baggy Method: Handle your Split Ends ...........................#47

Page 4
Beyond Classic Length - Cinnamon Hair & Hair Toys.....#63,79,87,93
Ancient Egyptain Hairstyles................................................#66

Page 5
Leobodyc5 Update "Longer than Tailbone".............................#83
Flexi 8 & Ficare..................................#95, 99 and Page 16 #304

Page 6
Candy828 Hair Toys ................................................#117,#299

Page 7 to Page 10
Updos, Down Styles, etc....................#129,#130,#132,#174,#189
Goody Spin Pins .............................................................#146
Fake Bangs ...................................................................#171

Page 11 to Page 16
Hair Growth Slows Down ...........................#215,#216,#245,#246
Feng Shi Principles for Hair .......................................#226,#227
MzMoMo's Hair Juice Formula .........#235,Page 17 #327,#328,#329
New Product Experiment ...............................Page 13 to Page 16
Natural Homemade Hair Conditioners ...................#285,#286,#287

Page 17
Scalp Massage ..............................................................#321

Page 19 to 20
June 30, 2010 Hair Updates :gorgeous:
CelinaStar ............. Page 19.... Post #372
Candy828 ...............Page 20.....Post #381
Yamilee21 ...............Page 26.....Post #510
Lita .......................Page 28......Post #559

Page 21 to 28
Good Hair Day: Nutrition For Hair ................................Post #416
Humidity & Hair ............................................................ #457
Long Hair Problems ................................................ #491, 492
Natural Hair Care Ingredient List ................................ #508,509
Hair Weight Issue ..................... #525,527,529,531,533, and 535
Hair Regrowth Recipe ................................................... #537
CelinaStarr Hair Sticks .................. #541, 548, 551, 553, and 554

Page ?? to ??
September 30, 2010 Hair Updates :gorgeous:
CelinaStar
FlowerHair
Yamilee21
Lita
Candy828

Attachments

• 20March2010.jpg
    20March2010.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 362
  • 26June2010.jpg
    26June2010.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Lucia

Subscribing....just to lurk and :drool: and give my support, I haven't really thought about CL really, I don't know if I'm even wanting to grow it out that long, since my ultimate goal is HL/TL. I believe I'll be content with that and just maintain at that length, since I'll have less shrinkage too.

Even if I were to join it would have to be after I've made HL/TL, prob a thick mostly even HL/TL and that would mean maybe signing up for part 2 of the challenge.
Good luck to all who can hang with this challenge. Can't wait to see all that super-long hair :woot:

LaFemmeNaturelle

I am in no way shape or form even NEAR CL, nor is that my goal but I think this is amazing and I'm here for encouragement!.....also to stalk your pics heehee

yamilee21

You just skipped right over tailbone, Candy828, :lol:. I'm waiting to see if I can get most of my hair beyond tailbone, instead of just a few strands. Maybe I'll join you, once I get a working camera again. :)

Lucia

You just skipped right over tailbone, Candy828, :lol:. I'm waiting to see if I can get most of my hair beyond tailbone, instead of just a few strands. Maybe I'll join you, once I get a working camera again. :)

Yeah right?
but for some of us HL/TL is pretty much the same thing maybe 2-3 inches difference. I think Candy was on both the HL and TL challenges @ the same time and she was already grazing HL when she started the challenges. I can't wait to graduate passed WL to HL/TL I just need a couple more inches and I'll breeze by like Candy. :lol:

Mz.MoMo5235

Yeah right?
but for some of us HL/TL is pretty much the same thing maybe 2-3 inches difference. I think Candy was on both the HL and TL challenges @ the same time and she was already grazing HL when she started the challenges. I can't wait to graduate passed WL to HL/TL I just need a couple more inches and I'll breeze by like Candy. :lol:

IA... GO CANDY!!!

i'll be in classic part II :grin: i'm still struggling with wl lol (we'll know next month were i stand) :lachen:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Congratz Candy, I wish I could participate in this challenge, I still have a long way to go.

Candy828

Hello Everyone, Thanks for your support! :yep: Since I am already grazing Tailbone Length, I thought it best to start a Classic Length thread... I am conducting a mini survey.... When I see a woman who has classic length hair, I am gonna make it a point to ask her, her hair routine. If she let's me take her picture, I will do that too... I am excited!:grin:

Lucia

Hello Everyone, Thanks for your support! :yep: Since I am already grazing Tailbone Length, I thought it best to start a Classic Length thread... I am conducting a mini survey.... When I see a woman who has classic length hair, I am gonna make it a point to ask her, her hair routine. If she let's me take her picture, I will do that too... I am excited!:grin:

How far are you from CL?

Well my most recent pics are in my fotki, now my longest hair in a high pony grazes BSB and my hair streched/straight is 1 inch above WL. :yay: seriously I can make 1 inch/month in the summer if I pull out all the stops.

@ Lita and Celina Starr u ladies are closer to CL than MzMomo and me
so ummm... you ladies should think about singing up maybe, I mean you're already HL/TL I'm just saying :look:

BTW IRIS would be good for this challenge too, I know she's already HL. Starr1, Flowerhair, Cichelle too unless they've already reached CL or they're just maintaining where they are.

here's some inspiration-the pic is of Midnightcurls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9oOrIT83P0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ2vSLr7Vvc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/user/LeobodyC5#p/c/69A3AAFAB00BD571/13/1WJHfP3MGX0

http://www.youtube.com/user/LeobodyC5#p/a/u/2/7QYzPN6btVc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKh9B7mweU0

just for laughs-her hair is obviously a fake weave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFCGAaBSeok&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzq-_-5rr90

Attachments

• KimmiesULTIMATEhairgoalGROWbabyGROW.jpg
    KimmiesULTIMATEhairgoalGROWbabyGROW.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

Lita

How far are you from CL?

Well my most recent pics are in my fotki, now my longest hair in a high pony grazes BSB and my hair streched/straight is 1 inch above WL. :yay: seriously I can make 1 inch/month in the summer if I pull out all the stops.

so ummm... you ladies should think about singing up maybe, I mean you're already HL/TL I'm just saying :look:

BTW IRIS would be good for this challenge too, I know she's already HL. Starr1 too unless she's already reached CL.

@ Lucia,Thanks but I have some trimming I must do this Summer or the 1st of September.Think I'll just follow along for updates.....If I get a chance post a picture...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

detroitdiva

I can't wait to see your finished length Candy!! It's beautiful already!! Good luck to everyone. I can't wait ta get in this challenge. Maybe in a two years....

Candy828

How far are you from CL?

BTW IRIS would be good for this challenge too, I know she's already HL. Starr1, Flowerhair, Cichelle too unless they've already reached CL or they're just maintaining where they are.

here's some inspiration-the pic is of Midnightcurls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9oOrIT83P0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ2vSLr7Vvc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/user/LeobodyC5#p/c/69A3AAFAB00BD571/13/1WJHfP3MGX0

http://www.youtube.com/user/LeobodyC5#p/a/u/2/7QYzPN6btVc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKh9B7mweU0

just for laughs-her hair is obviously a fake weave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFCGAaBSeok&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzq-_-5rr90

Hi Lucia - I need about 5 1/2 inches to get to Classic Length! ( I think Classic is just below the butt, right?) So we will see how close I can get by the end of CL Part I.

I looked at your fotki and the pony is looking good! You'll be :whipgirl:ing that WL pony soon!:grin:

Thanks for the names for potential CL's.... I'll send an invite! Believe it or not.... I asked Leobodyc5 to join the Challenge or at least pop in to see what's going on! :yep: So, we will see if she takes me up on the offer!:grin:
and thanks for the links!

Last edited:

Lucia

Hi Lucia - I need about 5 1/2 inches to get to Classic Length! ( I think Classic is just below the butt, right?) So we will see how close I can get by the end of CL Part I.

I looked at your fotki and the pony is looking good! You'll be :whipgirl:ing that WL pony soon!:grin:

Thanks for the names for potential CL's.... I'll send an invite! Believe it or not.... I asked Leobodyc5 to join the Challenge or at least pop in to see what's going on! :yep: So, we will see if she takes me up on the offer!:grin:
and thanks for the links!

Thanks & YW :grin: I have my BSB pony back, I was swinging it today all up in Becky and her moms face :lol: next stop is WL then WL pony for sure. Yes CL is just below the butt where the curve is.

Seriously I think I gave some blond woman ponytail envy, she was staring me down behind her shades-I know I couldn't see her eyes but I felt them.

Wow LBC5 I :love: her hair :drool: her hair straight and curly is my ultimate goal. She said CL is her ultimate goal, I hope she does pop in every once in a while.

I think you can make 5 1/2 inches by Dec 2010 that's 7 months away, if you keep doing what you're doing now cause your growth is incredible, especially summer is coming up and that's growth spurt time you can easily make 3-4 inches between June and Sept. I'm hoping to maximize my growth spurt this summer and breeze on through WL to HL/TL.

Lita

Thanks & YW :grin: I have my BSB pony back, I was swinging it today all up in Becky and her moms face :lol: next stop is WL then WL pony for sure. Yes CL is just below the butt where the curve is.

Seriously I think I gave some blond woman ponytail envy, she was staring me down behind her shades-I know I couldn't see her eyes but I felt them.

Wow LBC5 I :love: her hair :drool: her hair straight and curly is my ultimate goal. She said CL is her ultimate goal, I hope she does pop in every once in a while.

I think you can make 5 1/2 inches by Dec 2010 that's 7 months away, if you keep doing what you're doing now cause your growth is incredible, especially summer is coming up and that's growth spurt time you can easily make 3-4 inches between June and Sept. I'm hoping to maximize my growth spurt this summer and breeze on through WL to HL/TL.

I cant wait to see your thick CL ponytail.You are going to get there in no time..

Happy Hair Growing!

Mz.MoMo5235

lucia, is the chick in the last link you posted classic??? cause if thats classic... that's a lot of freakin hair!!! lmao

Lucia

lucia, is the chick in the last link you posted classic??? cause if thats classic... that's a lot of freakin hair!!! lmao

Yeah that is ALOT of freakin hair :lol: Once I get to HL/TL then I'll se if I'm going to continue the LHJ or just maintain, but like everyone says it's really not far from TL and I can always cut back if I don't like it.

Loveyaforeva was CL in her old pics, now she maintains between HL/TL-she's got a fotki

Midnightcurls in the pic she is WL-HL curly I think she is CL+ straight, prob thigh length straight

Leobody is HL/TL

the YT with the wavy hair, that's thigh length, that's way passed CL.
TL is between HL and CL

the girl with the jet black curly hair, wash day vid, she's def curly CL which prob is knee length straight. I don't want my hair that long, I wouldn't be able to get into doorways-it would prob shrink up to MDBK-WL curly with my hair :lol: I'm just going to see if my hair will grow passed TL straight

http://www.ida.net/users/northstr/hairlength.html

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

Yeah that is ALOT of freakin hair :lol: Once I get to HL/TL then I'll se if I'm going to continue the LHJ or just maintain, but like everyone says it's really not far from TL and I can always cut back if I don't like it.

Loveyaforeva was CL in her old pics, now she maintains between HL/TL-she's got a fotki

Midnightcurls in the pic she is WL-HL curly I think she is CL+ straight, prob thigh length straight

Leobody is HL/TL

TL is between HL and CL

the girl with the jet black curly hair, wash day vid, she's def curly CL which prob is knee length straight. I don't want my hair that long, I wouldn't be able to get into doorways-it would prob shrink up to MDBK-WL curly with my hair :lol: I'm just going to see if my hair will grow passed TL straight.

wow!!! the red head with the classic length hair! that looks great!!! and its maintained well! not all see through and dull!!!! :wallbash: I WANT TOO!!!!

Lucia

wow!!! the red head with the classic length hair! that looks great!!! and its maintained well! not all see through and dull!!!! :wallbash: I WANT TOO!!!!

That's the way to have super long hair.
So you're on the CL challenge part 2 I know our hair will look great.

I guess we've got to roll through WL to HL this summer then I'll be able to really think about CL seriously-now it's just a let's see if thing for me since it's passed my goal and I already have alot of freakin hair :lol:

jupitermoon

Leobody is HL/TL

TL is between HL and CL

the girl with the jet black curly hair, wash day vid, she's def curly CL which prob is knee length straight. I don't want my hair that long, I wouldn't be able to get into doorways-it would prob shrink up to MDBK-WL curly with my hair :lol: I'm just going to see if my hair will grow passed TL straight

Thanks for the link Lucia. It's nice to have visuals of the different lengths. Classic length hair looks cool. I'm already hip/tailbone and have about 2-3 inches or so until classic. I'm not sure if my hair can grow that long though. Knee length hair would be awsome too. :giggle:

I'll enter this challenge. Perhaps I may make classic length by December of this year.

jupitermoon

How do you use hair sticks? I'd like to buy some but I think they may be difficult to use in my thick coarse curly hair.

One challenge I find with long hair is that my hair is heavy especially when wet or damp and wearing my hair up in buns and updos can hurt.

Candy828

Leobody is HL/TL

TL is between HL and CL

No fair!:grin: You know with our natural curves that is an XTRA 2 inches!!! Most of us naturally have BIG Butts!!!!!!!:lachen:

Lucia

How do you use hair sticks? I'd like to buy some but I think they may be difficult to use in my thick coarse curly hair.

One challenge I find with long hair is that my hair is heavy especially when wet or damp and wearing my hair up in buns and updos can hurt.

:yay: another challenger
I'll be drooling over your CL hair for sure. Well I use 1 stick in a chinese braided bun, actually it's 2 braids and it's super easy, I did this style for 2 weeks straight, the longer your hair gets th prettier this style becomes.
I just put my leave in and oil on the length did the style in 10 minutes and go-it's that easy and I'm style challenged :yep:

here's the links
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrJYzX4cbXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98D0j8Ypfg&feature=related

Candy828

Here is a helpful article on how to use hairsticks as well.... and :welcome3:To the challenge!:yep:

Hairsticks: Functional Or Festive Hair Accessories?
Karen Marie Shelton (Article posted with permission)
Date: 10/10/2000, 3/1/2001, 6/15/2001, 1/14/2004
Full article at http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip612.htm

Quotes from the article...

(Note: All photos for this article are copyrighted protected by HairBoutique.com, all rights reserved)
Basic Knot

One of the most basic styles that can take either functional or decorative advantage of hairsticks is the basic hair knot. The hair knot can be worn in a variety of ways including on either side of the head right above the ear. The knot style (shown to the side and below) is a great style for most hairstick beginners. Knots are fairly easy to do on hair that is shoulder length or longer.
Tiny knots can also be created by people with shorter hair and hairsticks can be used to decorate the small knots.
A series of knots can be used by people with super long hair if their hair is too thick for just one or two knots.
Hair knots work best if the starting hair is dry and straight. Knots can
be created on curly and wavy hair but the process requires more time. Jill, the HairBoutique.com model in these photos, has naturally wavy hair. Her hair was blow dried straight using Mine's Smoothing Lotion to remove the waves and give it tons of shine. Once her wavy hair was straightened it was easier to create the various knots and styles.
This style offers many variations. The free flowing hair can be braided, curled or put into a second knot.
The number of hairsticks that are used can range from one to many depending on your imagination and the number of hairsticks that are available to be utilized.
Basic Knot Instructions

Knots are some of the easiest styles to learn to do with hairsticks. To create a basic hair knot the first step is to determine where the knot will be located on the head.
The knot shown above and to the side is located at the center of the crown.
1. To create this center knot the hair was brushed smoothly and then separated into one strand from the hairline, over the ears and gathered at the back of the head. 2. Once the hair was carefully brushed smooth and gathered into one big strand, the strand was twisted into a clockwise direction. 3. Once the strand was twisted tightly the coiled strand was carefully sculpted into a big circle hat was positioned so that it lay flat against the base of the scalp. The remaining hair was carefully pinned into a coil with the largest part of the coil or knot at the base and the smallest part of the coil at the center.
Depending on your hair texture and length you can use one two or more hairsticks to secure the knot. Secure the knot by using the sticks to carefully weave them into the knot so that the sticks lays flat against the "tail" of the coil securing it against the head and holding the coil or knot in place.
Double Knot

Creating a double knot is very similar to creating a single knot. Double knots can be configured with one knot at the top of the crown and one knot at the nape of the neck (shown in picture to the left).
Double knots can also be created closer together or one knot can be larger with a smaller knot nestled underneath. Two knots can also be created side by side at the nape of the neck. Knots are very versatile and be worn a variety of ways.
Knotted styles are perfect for hairsticks. You use the sticks as anchors to hold down the sticks or you can use the hairsticks are adornment. Either way, they look stunning.
Two Knots On Each Side Of The Head

Instead of having two knots placed at the back of your head as shown here, simply create two knots instead of the one used in the side rolls with knot. It is great for waist length, heavy hair. It does require four sticks instead of the normal two.
French Twist
This style never goes out of fashion. It can be worn the traditional way or jazzed up and worn messy, half up and half down and with all sorts of different modifications. The French Twist style can work for any type of hair that is medium to long. Even thin hair can wear a modified French Twist.
The Twist is not difficult to learn. It is a good style that can be securely pinned into place. This style is the basis for many more advanced styles, and it adapts nicely to 2 partial styles for very long hair. For instructions read the HairBoutique.com article on creating French Twists.
Partial French Twist Instructions

This style is based on one of the French Twist variations. It is best used with medium to long hair.
It can be done in a variety of ways including doing it over one ear with shoulder length hair. It is not as secure as a French twist, but it is quick enough to re-do if it comes undone.
This style is really pretty simple. You will need to play with it a little bit to get it the way you want.
1. Wash your hair and use a good styling gel that gives body and style. Let your hair "age" overnight. This allows the oils to build up a little and allows the style to hold better.
2. Create a French Twist and pin it securely using either hairpins in the same color as your hair or use hair sticks.
3. Once you have the French Twist the way you like it, take the end of a rattail or similar tool and carefully remove a few pieces of hair from the top of the twist being careful not to disturb the updo.
4. Pull the liberated strands of hair over the French Twist so that they appear to "splay" out of the updo. Use hairspray to give the splayed ends some holding power.
5. Add as many hairsticks as you would like for accent pieces. You also have the option to use hairsticks to anchor the original twist before you pull out the individual strands.
French Braid

This style shown to the right is based on the classic French Braid pattern. It is best used with medium to long hair. Braid the hair to the very end and then take the "tail" and carefully tuck it up and under the rest of the hair at the nape of the neck. This gives the appearance of a soft braided chignon.
Securely pin the tail so that it is hidden under the rest of the braid. You can dress it up further with many jeweled hairsticks that are carefully tucked into sections of the braid with the jeweled ends accenting the plaits. You can also use tiny flowers, beads or other hair accessories.

Lucia

No fair!:grin: You know with our natural curves that is an XTRA 2 inches!!! Most of us naturally have BIG Butts!!!!!!!:lachen:

or 6-8 inches extra :lol: that's why I'm not even tackling CL now, just focusing on moisture and growth and PS and getting to my ultimate goal HL/TL

Mz.MoMo5235

luckily i'm in the flat booty club lmao its wide but doesnt have any weight to it... i'm all boobs lmao!!!!