Classic Length 2010 Challenge Part I

jupitermoon

November 2009 versus November 2010

November 2009 versus November 2010

Spring

:heart2: congratulations on going from curly mbl to curly hip!! I'm so use to seeing you with all those curls, that it wasn't until you showed the '09 pics that I realized how much your hair has grown :)

Lita

CelinaStarr! CL curls on its way....I cant wait to see..(protective style WORKS) keeping your hair in pretty buns.......

Happy Hair Growing!

Candy828

Everyone's hair is looking so beautiful!:drunk: I feel like my hair isn't good enough to show...:look: but I will show it in the December update. I have so much new growth and all of that hair is shorter... but I am glad I have more hair on my head! It's going to take patiences to let it go and not cut it even...because my hair looks so uneven. Even with the trims.... I have than even bottom line and then you can see the zig zag growth.... if that makes any sense...

Last edited:

yamilee21

... I have so much new growth and all of that hair is shorter... but I am glad I have more hair on my head! It's going to take patiences to let it go and not cut it even...because my hair looks so uneven. Even with the trims.... I have than even bottom line and then you can see the zig zag growth.... if that makes any sense...

Glad to hear I am not alone with this. After that massive shedding I had a few weeks ago, I have noticed so many new short strands all over my head. The first inch or two closest to my head feel so full in comparison to the rest.

Lucia

Ok need ps and moisure suggestions
It's getting colder out like 40-50s out and my go to ps the 2 braid Chinese style bun isn't working on my ends anymore. In the spring summer it was feat cause I cw 3x week or mist w aloe Vera juice put in my leave in, evoo tucked the last 2 inches into the braid then put it up. Today did the same thing minus cw I misted w aloe Vera juice and my ends have just a little bit of oil on them and I used my usual this morning. So it's either the style or the leave ins or both.

Also ive been using gel for the only for the edges and crown which is ironically the looser wavier curls but they're the most frizzy I'm hopping I can wean my hair off gel but i don't want to look a HAM doing it :lol:

Last edited:

Candy828

Ok need ps and moisure suggestions
It's getting colder out like 40-50s out and my go to ps the 2 braid Chinese style bun isn't working on my ends anymore. In the spring summer it was feat cause I cw 3x week or mist w aloe Vera juice put in my leave in, evoo tucked the last 2 inches into the braid then put it up. Today did the same thing minus cw I misted w aloe Vera juice and my ends have just a little bit of oil on them and I used my usual this morning. So it's either the style or the leave ins or both.

Also ive been using gel for the only for the edges and crown which is ironically the looser wavier curls but they're the most frizzy I'm hopping I can wean my hair off gel but i don't want to look a HAM doing it :lol:

Lucia, I am just wearing a series of buns. I use a leave-in too, but I light oil the last 6 inches of my hair before I tuck it away. I am finding that I have to oil more than the 2 to 4 inches of suggested ends of my hair, because I have so many different lengths of hair. Since I have been doing that, I am retaining more of my ends and the end of my hair is becoming fuller.

stelladata

Hi!! *waves* I'd like to join the jan 1st challenge!!!
(will update a bit in a few. I just wanted to state that i was joining.

Lucia

Lucia, I am just wearing a series of buns. I use a leave-in too, but I light oil the last 6 inches of my hair before I tuck it away. I am finding that I have to oil more than the 2 to 4 inches of suggested ends of my hair, because I have so many different lengths of hair. Since I have been doing that, I am retaining more of my ends and the end of my hair is becoming fuller.

Good tip I'm going to oil the whole length cause my hair grows in a V-shape so it's not blunt and even.

Last edited:

jupitermoon

Lucia, for more moisture during the cooler months, I'm now using EVOO. I still wash once a week. I leave conditioner in my hair as usual. Then, after I step out of the shower I smooth Evoo into my hair concentrating on my ends. I'm still wearing my hair sticks and sometimes my Goody Spin Pins. I vary the positions of my updos and sometimes I leave my ends out or I'll leave tendrils out.

Candy828

:welcome::thewave: to the Challenge stelladata!:yahoo: Your hair is looking BEAUTIFUL!!!:yawn: I been wanting more recruits for sometime now and I am glad to have you! The new challenge thread will be coming out December 15th. I will add your name to this one and that one.

More...More...More.... lovely heads of hair!!!!! PLEASE!:grin:

LaFemmeNaturelle

Does anyone have any pics or videos on deck of ladies with classic length whose hair is curled, spiraled, or waved? Don't worry about searching if it's not saved to your computer already. I'm debating on if I should even CONSIDER going for this length in the future. I of course wouldn't want to wear it straight but I just wonder how long the curls would be? Have you all ever seen someone with type 4 hair at classic length? I wonder what the shrinkage would look like! The detangling sessions. SHEESH! I'm getting a headache just thinking about it lol

Lucia

Does anyone have any pics or videos on deck of ladies with classic length whose hair is curled, spiraled, or waved? Don't worry about searching if it's not saved to your computer already. I'm debating on if I should even CONSIDER going for this length in the future. I of course wouldn't want to wear it straight but I just wonder how long the curls would be? Have you all ever seen someone with type 4 hair at classic length? I wonder what the shrinkage would look like! The detangling sessions. SHEESH! I'm getting a headache just thinking about it lol

I'll repost some
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9oOrIT83P0

http://www.youtube.com/user/LeobodyC5#p/u/33/MgIn6OG3CYs

http://www.youtube.com/user/SongsOfJoy143

http://www.youtube.com/user/zeta5777?feature=mhum#p/f/17/Dj9XrSriEso

http://www.youtube.com/user/zeta5777?feature=mhum#p/f/21/qzq-_-5rr90

Oh how long does it take you ladies who are natural to detangle now?

I detangle natural hair with oil, conditioner in it or when it's damp or soaking wet. It takes me 10 minutes to detangle

Last edited:

Candy828

Good tip I'm going to oil the whole length cause my hair grows in a V-shape so it's not blunt and even.

Lucia, One other thing I do.... Instead of using gel to hold down my edges, I dab my edges with oil then I wear a wide headband. I do have very full curly edges...:look: and at night, I dab them with a little oil before I go to bed. I think I have just about every color headband they make.:lol:

The headbands are wide enough to cover my ears. This keeps my ears warm. Only the tops of my Buns are exposed. Then I alternate different types of hairsticks that match my headbands.

LeFemmeNaturelle - I don't have tangle issues... whenever I put my leave-ins in, it combs through with no problem... but I don't have type 4 hair, so my comment probably doesn't count for much....:nono:

Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

Thanks ladies. Lucia, I'm able to slick my edges down with conditioner (I've only tried renpure organics so far) but sometimes I have to wear a scarf for about 10 minutes to make sure everything lies flat.

I need to get some wide headbands. I can never find them but I havent looked in a bss yet, just drug stores.

Maybe I won't have any detangling issues. When I was natural, I was able to detangle pretty easily...I think....I can't really remember lol These transitioning tangles, on the other hand, are pure hell:nono:

Last edited:

stelladata

I'll repost some
YouTube - Prepoo Oil Treatment & Curly Fro Part 2

YouTube - LeobodyC5's Channel

YouTube - SongsOfJoy143's Channel

YouTube - zeta5777's Channel

YouTube - zeta5777's Channel

I detangle natural hair with oil, conditioner in it or when it's damp or soaking wet. It takes me 10 minutes to detangle

WOW!!!! such beautiful hair, I am definitely subscribing!
also, I said I was gonna update, that might end up being over the weekend, I promise to take my time on this one. i've been so busy lately.. literally on the move... sorry again. But! i keep my promises!

Lita

Your hair is Faaaaaabbbbbbb! How thick & pretty its going to be at CL.....WELCOME!

Happy Hair Growing!