Classic Length 2013

constance

Just putting in my annual request, pictures of even your everyday hairstyles, braid/twist thickness, shrinkage, etc is much appreciated. Thanks in advance for staying active after you have most certainly mastered the hair journey. We short haired ladies appreciate the information. Back to lurking.

Here's a pic of my shrinkage taken today (grazing hl when stretched). :lol:

[URL=http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/brookingsenterprises/?action=view&current=IMG_9979-1.jpg] [/URL]

Vintagecoilylocks

Thanks Vintagecoilylocks
I have upped my protein and I'm using much more conditioner as a leave-in. It is definitely helping. Also, I have been making sure I stretch my hair each night in braids or twists and that seems to help with the tangles.

Do you color your hair? I find that when I've colored to get rid of gray I have terrible tangles. Now I'm just dealing with the gray and my hair is so much softer and healthier.

Vintagecoilylocks
one more question - what proteins are working best for you?

Well I wouldn't be vintage any more if I colored my grey/silver/white:lachen: I tried hair color a long while ago. Dried out my hair so. The only one that didn't was a hampagne color one. But I just did not want to keep that up. So when I went to as much natural products as I could the hair color just did not fit into my plan.
I am glad to hear you have had progress.
I use eggs and nut oils to add protein. I keep my diet balanced with protein.

Vintagecoilylocks

I wear buns most of the time. I only use this one when I'm in the process of dcing and then grow too tired to rinse. I pull back, twist, and let hair air dry under tightly tied scarf. I go on about my business and rinse a few dys later. I try not to let this happen more than 1x every 4-6 wks.

(pic some of my hair is grey-the conditioner dries clear)

That is a beautiful swirl of a bun. I really need to try loose haired buns.

Vintagecoilylocks

You ladies are such an inspiration!!! Subscribing. Vintagecoilylocks...you indicate you are doing TC/CG, could you share your regimen, please. Lita, constance, DeeRaven please share your's as well. Thanks!!! :)

My regimine is fairly simple. In twists or braids, Cw, ACV rinse, add conditioner leave-in. Next day untwist or braid, finger detangle, apply sealer, and re twist or braid. Some times prepoo with protein mixture. Currently on a every 2-4 day cycle to beat the heat. 8 braids or twists. Then I bun those.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Well I wouldn't be vintage any more if I colored my grey/silver/white:lachen: I tried hair color a long while ago. Dried out my hair so. The only one that didn't was a hampagne color one. But I just did not want to keep that up. So when I went to as much natural products as I could the hair color just did not fit into my plan.

:lachen::lachen:I'm slow - didn't even catch the vintage reference.
I'm glad to hear that coloring was hard on your hair too. At least I'm not alone. I get jealous when I see these girls with cool colors and rapunzel hair. My hair can't take it. I may try henna again though.
Thanks for the info! I'll be checking in every so often.

Allandra

Great thread. Thanks.

I'm currently at tbl (which I thought was my final goal, but now I'm not so sure). :look: Classic does sound pretty cool too.

Shadiyah

I know I am jumping on in here but I was wondering what you thought about henna? I use it all the time for my grey and over all hair but I am not bsl yet I want to know if or why not the longer haired ladies are or not using henna?

Dee Raven

Well, I'm starting to see a lot of SSKs so I'm going to have to go back to stretched styles. What a bummer. Cest la vie.

Vintagecoilylocks

I know I am jumping on in here but I was wondering what you thought about henna? I use it all the time for my grey and over all hair but I am not bsl yet I want to know if or why not the longer haired ladies are or not using henna?

Henna was sort of a love hate thing with me. I liked the idea of the naturualness of it. Last I used it I was approaching BSL and only was grey in the front. That is were I have the most now also. I had to use champagne or natural first then used a color and it still did not go to my natural color. I was two toned. As my hair grew it became way too much time spent for it to wash out so fast.

SEMO

Here's a pic of my shrinkage taken today (grazing hl when stretched). :lol:

constance

Your hair is awesome! Love the thickness! :yep: You and I seem to have similar amounts of shrinkage.

Also, I really need to take some updated hair pictures. The curly and straight hair pictures in my siggy are a year old. I'm not even 100% about what length I am now. I know that I'm at least full waist length by now, maybe a bit more.

But I don't think I'd reach classic length by the end of 2013. Not without taking hair vitamins at least. But I'm looking forward to checking in on this thread from time to time. :)

Shadiyah

reading this thread has made me put my hair in twist had to put gel on the ends to make them stay and I hope this do not destroy my ends ?????

Lita

You ladies are such an inspiration!!! Subscribing. Vintagecoilylocks...you indicate you are doing TC/CG, could you share your regimen, please. Lita, constance, DeeRaven please share your's as well. Thanks!!! :)

Garner Hi..Don't know what's going on with my mentions..

I wash my hair maybe 2xs a week in the summer..in the winter 1x a week.. I Dc after every wash 1-2hr,I leave it in..I use a leave-in after each wash/Dc too..moisturize 2-3xs a week & seale my ends on a regular..PS 95% of the time..Twists,braids & buns..I keep a bang..I apply pomades,oils to my scalp....Flat ion 4-5xs a year..

*Love conditioners & trying new products..lol

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Vintagecoilylocks

I'm sorry but this made me :lol:

I think I want to join this challenge. I finally made it to bcl :lachen: and need about 8.5-9 inches to make it to classic. I just might reach classic by the end of 2013.

Wow its been this long since I was on here. Welcome and beautiful hair BTW.

Are you natural, what is your regimine. We have lots of lurkers and supporters who want to someday make it to longer lengths. Your calculations sound about right. Hope we are all at Classic and beyond this time next year. :yep:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I wear buns most of the time. I only use this one when I'm in the process of dcing and then grow too tired to rinse. I pull back, twist, and let hair air dry under tightly tied scarf. I go on about my business and rinse a few dys later. I try not to let this happen more than 1x every 4-6 wks.

(pic some of my hair is grey-the conditioner dries clear)

constance - how often do you redo your bun during the week? And are you wearing a ponytail holder at all or is it only being held by a hair pin? And how often do you wash you hair?