Classic to Mid-Thigh Length 2011 Challenge

Candy828

no kidding when you say minimal access. i feel like i'm going to die!!! this trip is for sure breaking me of my pj'ism. I think if i just stick with a sulfate free poo. stretch my conditioners with oils and other moisturizers and oil oil oil oil oil... I should be fine.

my hair is starting to feel normal again but again i think it was from a protein overload trying to use all these powders and stuff.

i guess the indian way is not the way meant for my hair.

i would love to travel to africa one day and see what they use in the real rural areas. i know my hair like shae butter (to an extent) and i would assume their practices would better meet our hair needs than indian hair practices

@Mz.MoMo5235 - One thing I do to stretch conditioners besides the oil, I also add lavender baby lotion. Baby lotion is the easiest, safest thing you can add. The lavender is also good for the hair. You can identify the bottle with a lavender color top and writing.... So if you can find Johnson&Johnson lavender baby lotion, use it, it's a great conditioner. Johnson&Johnson baby products are very popular in most countries.

Also, since they like American products, you may be able to find a good lotion with "Shea Butter" in it.... This will make for a good addition to your conditioner.

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

@Mz.MoMo5235 - One thing I do to stretch conditioners besides the oil, I also add lavender baby lotion. Baby lotion is the easiest, safest thing you can add. The lavender is also good for the hair. You can identify the bottle with a lavender color top and writing.... So if you can find Johnson&Johnson lavender baby lotion, use it, it's a great conditioner. Johnson&Johnson baby products are very popular in most countries.

Also, since they like American products, you may be able to find a good lotion with "Shea Butter" in it.... This will make for a good addition to your conditioner.

i would have never thought of using lotion!!! and they have tons of it here!!!! what about mineral oil or cones? or do you not worry about that?

Candy828

i would have never thought of using lotion!!! and they have tons of it here!!!! what about mineral oil or cones? or do you not worry about that?

My hair actually likes a little mineral oil so I don't worry about it. I think a little does not hurt. I use cones most of the time because that is what is available. But I do a vinegar rinse once a month with vinegar added to tea (you can add other things to your rinse to give your hair what it needs). This is better than clarifying your hair and helps to give the hair shine and gets rid of build up at the same time. I do have my herbs. I add my tea tree, lavender, rosemary, and cedarwood to any of my oil mixtures. I have truly learned how to survive without a lot of products.

Also visit any vitamin shop and buy things like vitamin E capsules, Omega 3 capsules.... Things you can get in capsule form you can add to your mixtures.

Candy828

@Mz.MoMo5235 - One other thing.... When you are looking for lotions, you want to choose something that is very creamy. Flat lotion will not work well and tends to leave a film on your hair. The better quality of lotion the better your result will be.

Mz.MoMo5235

thanks chica!!!!! i was sure india was going to be such a set back i started to think about cutting to a pixie cut!!! now there is hope lol

Candy828

thanks chica!!!!! i was sure india was going to be such a set back i started to think about cutting to a pixie cut!!! now there is hope lol

No problem sis. I saw the word pixie:eek2: I almost fainted! :lol: LOL
So, try some new things and let me know how it goes!

HHG

Mz.MoMo5235

So.... As some of you know I've always attributed a lot of my growth and retention on milk and since being in India and not having milk I have been having a terrible time with my hair (not just lack of milk but lack of proper products for my hair type)...

The amount of shedding I see every time I wash is dreadful and having my hair feel like straw for the first time since my relaxed days is depressing.

I've finally fixed the dryness issue with a little tweaking of my hair reggie (thanks candy). But the shedding (and I know its not breakage because its LOOOONG strands) is just not working for me.

So I tried some alternatives. I cant find milk to save my life here so I asked some locals and they drink this stuff called toned milk. So I've been buying different brands of toned milk and its the nastiest thing on the planet!!! It looks and smells like milk but it tastes like the devil farted in your mouth!!!

I finally broke down and got some soy milk the other day. I havent gotten that before because I tried it in the states and hated it. Well it turns out that when you've gone 4mos with out any real milk and have only tasted doo doo toned milk, soy milk magically tastes a hell of a lot better!!! So I'm praying that the soy milk will help with my shedding and I'll be back on track

NJoy

Here I grow again!
So.... As some of you know I've always attributed a lot of my growth and retention on milk and since being in India and not having milk I have been having a terrible time with my hair (not just lack of milk but lack of proper products for my hair type)...

The amount of shedding I see every time I wash is dreadful and having my hair feel like straw for the first time since my relaxed days is depressing.

I've finally fixed the dryness issue with a little tweaking of my hair reggie (thanks candy). But the shedding (and I know its not breakage because its LOOOONG strands) is just not working for me.

So I tried some alternatives. I cant find milk to save my life here so I asked some locals and they drink this stuff called toned milk. So I've been buying different brands of toned milk and its the nastiest thing on the planet!!! It looks and smells like milk but it tastes like the devil farted in your mouth!!!

I finally broke down and got some soy milk the other day. I havent gotten that before because I tried it in the states and hated it. Well it turns out that when you've gone 4mos with out any real milk and have only tasted doo doo toned milk, soy milk magically tastes a hell of a lot better!!! So I'm praying that the soy milk will help with my shedding and I'll be back on track

Sorry about the issues you're having but your commnets about toned milk is hilarious. I hope soy milk works out for you. Sounds like things are turning around for the better, slowly but surely. Keep us posted.

Candy828

Mz.MoMo5235 - Besides the soy milk, also buy some vitamin D tablets. This will help you a lot...

Miss*Tress

I just had to look up this "toned milk" business so this is what I found:
Toning can be defined as the addition of the constituted skimmed milk to whole buffalo milk so as to reduce the fat to 3%. Its nutritive value is almost similar to that of the fresh cows milk. It is a useful source of protein for special conditions such as malnourishment, pregnancy, etc. Double toned milk is prepared by mixing cows milk or buffalo milk with fresh skimmed milk or skimmed milk reconstituted from skimmed milk powder so that the fat content is not less than 1.5%. Its nutritive value is similar to that of toned milk except for lower fat and vitamin A contents

Source
I think I would drink lassi instead.

Last edited:

Candy828

Candy828

Tips and Stuff for the Day! Monday, October 31st

Straight Hair Comes At A Price
http://www.montereyherald.com/living/ci_19222181

Don't Touch My Hair! - I guess cutting a woman's hair is worst than sicking a gun in her face!
http://www.heraldonline.com/2011/10/26/3475290/report-man-points-gun-cuts-womans.html

Mane Event
http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/beauty/mane-event-20111029-1motz.html

Style Your Hair At Home Yourself

http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-...your-hair-at-home-iteslf/Article1-762485.aspx

High Bun It! 7 High Bun Hair Looks and Inspire A Perfect Updo
http://madamenoire.com/81996/high-bun-it-7-hair-looks-to-inspire-a-perfect-updo/

Happy Hair Growing!:grin:

:fairy:

Mz.MoMo5235

so i've been drinking soy milk. the only flavor i like is chocolate lol but at least i'm getting some of the benefit i need. some of the guys here found some real milk i guess, its sold in a bag instead of a carton. when i went to buy some they were out so i will have to try again later.

i'm sitting here now with an ayurvedic powder treatment on my head right now. i'm trying a different method of application (thanks Candy828) and i'm hoping to get the results i've been expecting.

i have done a slight trim since i was here but it was very minor and i'm sure it made no difference in my length

i actually have no clue what length i'm at now cause its such a pain to do a length check here. i flat ironed once and i looked like a poodle in moments!!!! the humidity is crazy and because of the power difference i'm scared to turn my flat iron up to high out of fear of heat damage. i could take wet hair shots but by the time the mirror defogs my hair has started to dry and curl up (because of the humidity the mirror stays fogged FOREVER!!!)

so i dont know when i can do an update pic. but i kind of enjoy not knowing and not worrying about what length i am and just letting my hair do its thing. now if i can just stop all the shedding (powders and soy milk should help) i'll be a happy camper.

i do love the ease of getting such a large amount of evco so easily and for so cheap. evoo is actually pretty pricey here. more than i thought.

aa9746

Hi, I'm currently trying to reach wl. I wanted to know r there any links to fotkis etc. of classic length 4b hair??? tia

Candy828

Hi, I'm currently trying to reach wl. I wanted to know r there any links to fotkis etc. of classic length 4b hair??? tia

Hi there!:grin: Glad you stopped by.... I think the only Classic or near Classic Length that had a blog or fotki was jupitermoon. But I think she close them down. Starr is at Thigh Length and she has a fotki but I don't think she has updated it in a long time. The last pictures I saw were Tailbone Length.

HHG

aa9746

Hi there!:grin: Glad you stopped by.... I think the only Classic or near Classic Length that had a blog or fotki was @jupitermoon. But I think she close them down. @Starr is at Thigh Length and she has a fotki but I don't think she has updated it in a long time. The last pictures I saw were Tailbone Length.

HHG

Thanks for responding:yep:. I didn't see a fotki link. do u have her link? tia

Candy828

Thanks for responding:yep:. I didn't see a fotki link. do u have her link? tia

No Problem!:grin: Here is the link to Starr1's fotki. http://members.fotki.com/Starr1/about/
Her hair is amazing. Like I said before she is now Thigh Length and you should be able to see that in her LCHF Album. The fotki has the Tailbone Length and shorter pictures.

Enjoy!