Clay Washing And High Porosity Hair

Alma Petra

So I have tried white kaolin clay on my hair and I was not impressed. As people here said it is very runny and not as easy to apply as bentonite and rhassoul. It doesn't have any extra cleansing or conditioning effects on my hair. It is definitely less drying. I don't think it's drying at all. I didn't need to mix it with an oil. Unfortunately its curl defining effect is not as great as that of rhassoul clay. So I think rhassoul continues to be my favourite clay.

trclemons

Are you high po? Yes Have you ever used clay in your hair? Yes

-Did/do you like it? Yes

-Whats your favorite clay? I like all of the clays I've used, so I don't really have a favorite.

Do you just add water or add other things? The only clay I personally mix is the bentonite and I add it to a deep conditioner, mix in one of my oils & sit under my heat cap for an hour.

ETA: Do you use it as a cleanser, mask, all in one? I use it as a cleanser & mask. Here are the products I buy with clay mixed in them:

1. CLEANSER = Shea Terra Organics Moroccan Mud-Poo (with Ghassoul Clay)
2. MASK = J. Monique's Naturals Bentonite & Rhassoul Detox Hair Mask
3. MASK = Jakeala Honey Sweet Thang Hair Mask (with Moroccan Rhassoul Clay)
4. MASK = K. J. Naturals Strawberry Curls Conditioner (with Rose Kaolin Clay)
5. MASK = K. J. Naturals Neopolitan Hair Growth Conditioner (with Rose Kaolin Clay)
6. MASK = Soultanicals Pumpkin-Kaolin Deep Clean Curl Detox (with Bentonite Clay)

ShortyDooWhop

Just started clay washing and I don't think I'll ever go back. Not sure about the high and low porosity thing. I just know it's super moisturizing and my hair feels softer.
I use
Ghassoul Lava Clay Mask - Organic Natural Facial Mask and Skin Care Treatment- 1 Lb
Zakia's Morocco
Mix with aloe Vera juice, water, and rosehip seed oil.
The biggest difference that I've noticed is reduced shedding. Like, it's almost non-existent where before it was insane.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Just started clay washing and I don't think I'll ever go back. Not sure about the high and low porosity thing. I just know it's super moisturizing and my hair feels softer.
I use
Ghassoul Lava Clay Mask - Organic Natural Facial Mask and Skin Care Treatment- 1 Lb
Zakia's Morocco
The biggest difference that I've noticed is reduced shedding. Like, it's almost non-existent where before it was insane.

Tagging @trueheartofgold.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I use
Zakia's Morocco

@ShortyDooWhop Thank you!
Thats the trigger that finally tipped the scale. Time to checkout dem cartz :yep:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I've seen products that contain both bentonite and rhassoul clay at once. I'm thinking about formulating my DIY cleansing clay mask that -way. What do you guys think?

Alma Petra

I see recipes mixing Bentonite and ACV. I don't see anyone mixing Rhassoul and ACV. Can someone explain why no one seem to be mixing Rhassoul and ACV?

Personally ACV doesn't do anything to my hair.
Maybe people fine bentonite clay to be too alkaline and so add ACV to balance the pH and make sure the cuticles remain closed? I added ACV to bentonite in the past but it didn't help. But then even baking soda (alkaline) doesn't produce a tangible effect on my hair.

GGsKin

I see recipes mixing Bentonite and ACV. I don't see anyone mixing Rhassoul and ACV. Can someone explain why no one seem to be mixing Rhassoul and ACV?

I have added ACV to a rhassoul only clay mix. ACV tends to make clay runny, and can make rhassoul much looser than I like. I also prefer using just a few drops. It doesn't take much to make the mix too acidic (for my hair).

Keen

Personally ACV doesn't do anything to my hair.
Maybe people fine bentonite clay to be too alkaline and so add ACV to balance the pH and make sure the cuticles remain closed? I added ACV to bentonite in the past but it didn't help. But then even baking soda (alkaline) doesn't produce a tangible effect on my hair.
I'm high porosity which is why I chose Rhassoul over Bentonite. I'm trying to add ACV to my regi to balance pH level.

I have added ACV to a rhassoul only clay mix. ACV tends to make clay runny, and can make rhassoul much looser than I like. I also prefer using just a few drops. It doesn't take much to make the mix too acidic (for my hair).

I'll add a few drops to see what happens.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
@Keen I use the juice mostly as a rinse after cleansing and diluted as a final rinse. I also like it diluted for leave-ins. I do diluted because too much can have a protein effect. But the porosity balancing is the best I’ve tried, better than acv. Way better.

I like raw gel on my scalp as a pre-poo. Very soothing :yep:

Alma Petra

@Keen I use the juice mostly as a rinse after cleansing and diluted as a final rinse. I also like it diluted for leave-ins. I do diluted because too much can have a protein effect. But the porosity balancing is the best I’ve tried, better than acv. Way better.

I like raw gel on my scalp as a pre-poo. Very soothing :yep:

I want to try this