Clay Washing And High Porosity Hair

PlanetCybertron

Hey Y'all! I am venturing into the clay world :takecover: :smile: and have some questions:

- Are you high po? Have you ever used clay in your hair?

-Did/do you like it?

-Whats your favorite clay?

Do you just add water or add other things?

ETA: Do you use it as a cleanser, mask, all in one?

TIA :rosebud:

1. I am very high porosity

2. I have used clay a few times throughout the years, and certain ways that I prepare it do and don’t work for me personally.

3. Bentonite clay is something my hair just doesn’t agree on. Rhoussal clay either. Considering I’m already high porosity and that clays typically range between 9-10 on the pH scale, I have difficulty getting my cuticles to lay back down.

4. Of the clays I’ve used, Kaolin clay seems to be the most gentle for me, and plays well with the other products I mix it with.

5. I usually have to mix the clays with something other than water. Mostly because the granules, even the powdered ones cause a bit of tangling. I guess because of the texture of my hair or how fine it is I guess. I usually will mix the clay with heated conditioner, or some type of milk that I like, or took the time to make previously. And whatever antifungal oils or essential oils I have, and some ACV to get the mixture in the right pH range.

VictoriousBrownFlower

- Are you high po? Have you ever used clay in your hair? I was hi po when my hair was unhealthy but since taking care of it its now normal po

-Did/do you like it? I really did like it... It defined my curls and made my hair soft.

-Whats your favorite clay? Bentonite

Do you just add water or add other things? I mix what i fancy. Herbal infused oil, coconut milk powder, yogurt powder, aloe vera powder, banana puree, honey, avocado puree.... Then water to make it the right consistancy. Water is usually the last ingredient i add

ETA: Do you use it as a cleanser, mask, all in one? I'm not well versed in bentonite but i used it as a treatment without shampooing. so bentonite clay treatment then dc but i only used it once. it was the aztec healing clay.

TIA :rosebud: