Clear Gloss

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Hello ladies!!:grin:

I'm sitting under my pibbs right now drying a rollerset. Today I put a clear gloss on my hair in an attempt to give it HIGH shine. Has anyone tried this?

White women do this all the time, but I've never heard an AA woman saying she got one nor anyone whose hair had the appearance of a gloss or glaze.

Anyone tried it? Did you see a difference? I'll post pictures after I dry in about 45 mins.

Honey01

Hello ladies!!:grin:

I'm sitting under my pibbs right now drying a rollerset. Today I put a clear gloss on my hair in an attempt to give it HIGH shine. Has anyone tried this?

White women do this all the time, but I've never heard an AA woman saying she got one nor anyone whose hair had the appearance of a gloss or glaze.

Anyone tried it? Did you see a difference? I'll post pictures after I dry in about 45 mins.

My hairdresser applies a clear gloss/cellophane to my hair with every touch up. I love it.
I have sandy/reddish hair (especially in the summer) that perpetually looks dull. They really help my hair with shine.

I think she sometimes uses a color called "creamcicle" (sp) that is pretty much clear but with I think but a little more sparkle.

Ronnieaj

I use to do this all the time when I was relaxed :yep:. You can't tell much difference now that I'm natural so I don't bother, but it was one of my staples when my hair was straight and swangin :grin:.

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
I use John Frieda Clear glaze every time I wash/cowash. The pH is about 3.5, so I use it to close my hair shaft (it's cheaper than Porosity Control) after washing. The added shine is a bonus. You can get it at Walgreens usually, BOGO 1/2.

greenandchic

I used to do this all the time with great results (various brands). Now that I use henna, I haven't used gloss in quite a while.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i use them. it helps with shine. I like mixing it into my DC and applying right after i color my hair (jet black). it makes my hair look blingy.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
which onneee do you use !!!?
and if you remind the ratio you usually do, please !!!??
Krystle~Hime
I use the Kiss brand.
And I'd say about 1/2 rinse, 1/2 DC. i usually get two uses out of one bottle of clear rinse. i then sit under my dryer for about a 1/2 hour or so. i tend to do this when i'm going to straighten, but you can really notice the shine even in curly/natural styles.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Considered it several times but never went through with it. I may be mistaken but I think halee_J used it when she was relaxing.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I use them, my faves are the John Freida and Adore clear. Great for shine, also helps with tangles. I do it as a separate step or mixed in my DC. The results last much longer if you do it as a separate step with heat. But lately I don't have the time for alladat and a wash + DC , so I mix a tiny bit into my moisture DC every wash, works great :yep:

Last edited: