CLEAR Glossing / Shine Treatments

claud-uk

Lovie - you're the bomb for sharing this! Thanks for taking the time. Gonna read through b4 posting my questions in case they are already answered.

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
I'm natural and I use John Frieda with every wash. The pH is about 5.5 so I use it to close my cuticles. Although I'm currently experimenting with a black tea rinse for this.

claud-uk

I'm natural and I use John Frieda with every wash. The pH is about 5.5 so I use it to close my cuticles. Although I'm currently experimenting with a black tea rinse for this.

You use the John Frieda glaze/gloss with every wash? Can I ask how long you've been doing this? TIA!

Ladies, I love the sound of this treatment but I wonder how effective a DC is once you have it done? Does the treatment not coat each hair to the point where nothing can penetrate? Thanks!

greenandchic

I used the Oscar Blandi treatment on my hair Thursday night and I noticed my hair is much smoother shinier than normal once it dried; I think it closed or sealed my cuticle. Though my hair is porous its sensitive to heavy proteins so this would be a good alternative.

Once I run out of the Oscar Blandi bottles, I will check out John Frieda.

Do these glossing treatments work on natural hair?

Yes, it does. :)

Lovie

Thank you Lovie! I'm very interested in this.
I do 2-step henna/indigo treatments on my hair.

Do you think a glossing would do well over it? This question is to the OP and anyone else who has tried it.
Unfortunately, I have never tried henna, so can't share any insights in this area. I welcome others to share their experience.

Lovie

Do these glossing treatments work on natural hair?
Since my original post over 3 years ago, I've transitioned to natural. Still use them, and they still work. I just have to use heat a little while longer because my hair isn't as porous now that it hasn't been chemically treated.

While more expensive (about $35/bottle) I do agree that Sebastian Cellophanes may be one of the best treatments in terms of quality, results, and how long they last. I've also tried Jazzings, which you can get at Sally's, it made my hair dry and tangly feeling, and I wasn't really impressed. The Fredrick Fekkai Salon Glaze didn't cause any negative results, but it didn't work that great for me on texlaxed or natural hair either. I still love HALO by Graham Webb, but it has since been discontinued. :(

greenandchic

Bump.

Used my Oscar Blandi on my hair last night after using a cleansing conditioner and DC on my hair. The shine is out of this world and my hair feels stronger and smoother. Not sure how often I will use this since I also use henna.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Anyone gloss recently?

The last time I did the rinse was November (been in braids most of the time since). My hair was shining bright like a diamond :grin:! I washed and DC'd, I believe I let the DC sit for 30 mins then added the clear rinse (Adore) on top.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
The last time I did the rinse was November (been in braids most of the time since). My hair was shining bright like a diamond :grin:! I washed and DC'd, I believe I let the DC sit for 30 mins then added the clear rinse (Adore) on top.

Which brand did you use?

Lilmama1011

I'm looking to do a clear rinse in like a week or two. I don't have a problem with shine but if I can get a high gloss shine than that's awesome !!!

Lovie

OP here. Still using Sebastian Cellophanes on now natural hair w/ heat. Still love it for high gloss shine that lasts the longest. But I don't do clear glossing treatments regularly anymore, since I am frequently bunning more than flat ironing, esp. now during the humid summer days...

I did find a large lot of discontinued HALO Graham Webb Hi-Gloss Rinse on eBay and I am using that until it runs out. It is still my favorite #2.

I have also tried the Clairol Nice & Easy Color Seal Conditioning Gloss when I saw it on clearance at Big Lots - not sure if that was also mentioned as a consideration. It did not do much for my natural uncolored hair - not anymore than a good deep conditioner would do. I think it is more of a conditioning treatment than a gloss. It didn't do anything miraculous, but it wasn't bad either. I think similar results could be had with the the great finish I get from Nexxus Emergencee treatments.

There seem to be a few more companies that have brought out clear glossing treatments since this thread was created. I haven't tried the John Frieda yet but once (if?) I run out of the Halo and Sebastian that I have, I am willing to give it a try.

sgold04

I'm doing my first clear rinse tomorrow. Any suggestions for when to apply it? The directions say shampoo, apply rinse, sit under dryer, shampoo again, then condition. Does anyone do this differently?

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Eventually I plan on doing Henna+Indigo and Sebastian's gloss treatment once I'm fully natural.

This is one of my fav threads.

ilong

God's Own
Glad to see this thread. I was considering applying a "gloss" to my hair but previous experience with a rinse left me feeling it was very drying to my hair. I think I will try Sebastian's. Any good ideas on where to purchase?