CLEAR Glossing / Shine Treatments

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Thank you Lovie! I'm very interested in this.
I do 2-step henna/indigo treatments on my hair.

Do you think a glossing would do well over it? This question is to the OP and anyone else who has tried it.

20perlz

Thank you Lovie for posting this info! I could never quite figure glosses out. Like you, I had a hard time finding info....Best part - your "where to buy" info. Needed that! THX

Last edited:

*Michelle*

I love glosses, especially Sebastian Colorshine! I'm going to do a texlax t-up with a Colorshine (clear) today. I will post pix later...

I like the colors but since I hi-lighted my hair with Luminize I just going to do the clear.

Mrs.Gooch

Thanks for this!! My stylist suggested this to me today to give me some shine. I'm going to try it out within the next 2 weeks. I want clear, but I'm sooo boring (lol), so I think I'm going to give cherry cola a try.

Lovie

Thank you Lovie! I'm very interested in this.
I do 2-step henna/indigo treatments on my hair.

Do you think a glossing would do well over it? This question is to the OP and anyone else who has tried it.

Hmm, I am not familiar with using Henna or Indigo, so I can't speak to this. :ohwell: I would encourage other users to share their experiences. :yep:

Lovie

Thank you Lovie for posting this info! I could never quite figure glosses out. Like you, I had a hard time finding info....Best part - your "where to buy" info. Needed that! THX

Yes, I always assumed it was associated with chemical coloring services.
Glad that you found it to be beneficial! :sunshine:

Lovie

I discovered the BKT is like a glosser on steroids!! The smoothness and the weight of it reminds me of the glossing. Not to mention the shine.

I looked into this when I first heard about it in a thread a few months ago. :user:

I believe I got scared at the idea of doing something that could singe all of my hair off if I made a mistake (and I don't want to experiment with a stylist for it) and closed my browsers. However, there is that risk with any intensive treatment to hair. At this point, there are other areas that I would like to develop before attempting that type of service, but I read that the reviews for many were shiny, swinging, beautiful hair. Here in the DC area, there is a salon in Georgetown that does the process for like $500 I think. Nuts.

I would love to know more about the process. I thought the shine was a huge plus. Do you self-administer your BKT (Brazilian Keratin Treatment) or get professionally applications? Also, about how long do your results last, and do you experience breakage.

TIA!

AtlantaJJ

Question for those who use the Cellophane with Protein Fillers to enhance color. What ratio do you use Cellophane to Neutral Protein filler???

AtlantaJJ

I looked into this when I first heard about it in a thread a few months ago. :user:

I believe I got scared at the idea of doing something that could singe all of my hair off if I made a mistake (and I don't want to experiment with a stylist for it) and closed my browsers. However, there is that risk with any intensive treatment to hair. At this point, there are other areas that I would like to develop before attempting that type of service, but I read that the reviews for many were shiny, swinging, beautiful hair. Here in the DC area, there is a salon in Georgetown that does the process for like $500 I think. Nuts.

I would love to know more about the process. I thought the shine was a huge plus. Do you self-administer your BKT (Brazilian Keratin Treatment) or get professionally applications? Also, about how long do your results last, and do you experience breakage.

TIA!
Oh my gosh! $500.00! I do my own treatment for pennies! I agree, it's an intensive treatment, and I did not do it for the shine but to strengthen my hair and make it more manageable. The shine was a side benefit. Its not for the faint of heart. I would say wait a while before considering it.

My treatment has lasted for about only 6 weeks because I sweat a lot through workouts and that causes it to wear off quicker. That's not a problem since I do them myself.

Oddly enough Cellophane contains Sodium Chloride which is salt and also causes the treatment to wear off quicker. So I'm doing a Cellophane today to cover my gray and then a BKT treatment next weekend or the weekend after next.

Pandora1975

I have the Frieda Glaze in red, but haven't used it in ages, and once. I was still mostly relaxed then- I should give it another go. Hmmm, my hair is wet now... Be back later with results.

Reecie

Where are the before and after pictures? I would love to see the results of everyone's experiences. :bangdesk::bangdesk::bangdesk:

Lovie

Hi Reecie! I lurked for 3+ years before I wrote a post, and I must admit I'm still a picture posting virgin. I guess its because you never know who is watching. :) However, I don't have a comparison shot to share for this thread anyway. But I will take before & after the next time I do one, and (if I get up the nerve) I will check back and post.

Baby steps..

In the meantime, I welcome others who have some to share, if they do.

81Stardust

My stylist used a black Elasta EQ rinse after she relaxed and my hair was gorgeous! I was in love. Well I bought some of the clear gloss to do it myself and it didn't turn out the same. I think it was because she relaxed my hair before she put in the gloss and therefor my hair was more porous. I dunno...I want to try it again but I need to no what I'm doing! I wonder if it'll work if I DC over night? Any suggestions?

Lovie

My stylist used a black Elasta EQ rinse after she relaxed and my hair was gorgeous! I was in love. Well I bought some of the clear gloss to do it myself and it didn't turn out the same. I think it was because she relaxed my hair before she put in the gloss and therefor my hair was more porous. I dunno...I want to try it again but I need to no what I'm doing! I wonder if it'll work if I DC over night? Any suggestions?

I didn't even know Elasta EQ had a rinse...how long did it last? Just curious. Maybe an alternative to consider.

I got good results when I used after relaxing too. When I use any other time, I use it with heat by itself. It may also help to let your cuticles close again to lock in the reflecting agents before rinsing. You can do this by just waiting about 5 or 10 minutes for your hair to cool after heat.

Maybe there are other ways to use it too, but that is what I have done successfully. Hmm, I wonder how it would work if I used it with my steamer...

lexi08

I didn't even know Elasta EQ had a rinse...how long did it last? Just curious. Maybe an alternative to consider.

I got good results when I used after relaxing too. When I use any other time, I use it with heat by itself. It may also help to let your cuticles close again to lock in the reflecting agents before rinsing. You can do this by just waiting about 5 or 10 minutes for your hair to cool after heat.

Maybe there are other ways to use it too, but that is what I have done successfully. Hmm, I wonder how it would work if I used it with my steamer...

]
Do you use the shine/gloss treatment with heat before or after deep conditioning? Thanks

MuslimahTresses

For those who use this right after relaxing, where in the relaxing process are you using it? Is it after rinsing the relaxer out but before netutralizing? Or after rinsing but before using a protien treatment and neutralizng? I just wanna make sure I understand this part before I try it.

Lovie

I cant remember how I used it originally, it has been a while since I last touched up.

I think I did it in this order:

Protect Ends
Relax New Growth
Rinse
Protein Conditioner
Neutralize Shampoo
Glossing Treatment w/ Heat
Rinse w/ Cool Water

its probably safe to switch and do it before a protein conditioner, but I def. wouldnt do it before neutralizing, unless you are comfortable with increasing your processing time for relaxing.

Last edited:

*Michelle*

I would do the colorshine/rinse as the last step before a leave in. I also process mine with heat for 20 mins.

The results are my in siggy.

Last edited:

MuslimahTresses

I cant remember how I used it originally, it has been a while since I last touched up.

I think I did it in this order:

Protect Ends
Relax New Growth
Rinse
Protein Conditioner
Neutralize Shampoo
Glossing Treatment w/ Heat
Rinse w/ Cool Water

its probably safe to switch and do it before a protein conditioner, but I def. wouldnt do it before neutralizing, unless you are comfortable with increasing your processing time for relaxing.

Thanks Lovie! This is just what I was looking for.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Something else to add to my pj list. I think I will try it the next time I relax on Jan 1, 2010. Plenty of time to do more research. Thanks for the info OP.

greenandchic

Major :bump:

I've always been interested in clear glossing/shine treatments so this is a good thread for me to read. I just purchased two bottles of Oscar Blandi At Home Salon Glaze for $6.99 at Ross (normally $27 everywhere else :nono:) and can't wait to try it.

Does anyone else use glossing/shine treatments (no color)?

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Thanks for bumping. Been meaning to do this. I'm in braids so I'll probably try it Oct/Nov.

DominicanBrazilian82

I just recently purchased the Stoken Gold (Original Colors) clear cellophane (gloss/shine treatment).

I am really looking forward to the results! I've heard nothing but great things. Plus this Brand's consistency is thick. :lick:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited: