Closing a Sew in Weave

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by RaeCam, Oct 27, 2009.

1. RaeCam

RaeCam New Member

Hello all! I have decided to start my growth journey utilizing full head sewn in weaves as a protective style. I have been pouring over all the weave threads and youtube videos that I can find. I will be going with the vertical braids and using my ayurvedic hair teas plus lots of moisture. So my questions are:

1) Is there anyone who has used ayurvedics while in sew ins? Did you get great growth?

2) Where can I find a really great tutorial/video/whatever on closing a weave without using a closure?

3) Does anyone have pictures of styles done with the top sewed closed? Am I only able to do styles with bangs to cover up the front of is it a little more flexible than that?

Thanks in advance!

2. virgo_chinwe

virgo_chinwe Well-Known Member

If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere
    1) I am really dying to know that myself...b/c my weaves always end up getting really oily...after ayurvedic oils....then again maybe i overdo it....

2) You tube!! you tube!! next to lchf....you tube "weave closure" tutorials can save a girl's life.

3) ..what was three again....sorry...

3. virgo_chinwe

virgo_chinwe Well-Known Member

If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere
    oh ya...3) you are not limited to bangs....if you are relaxed...you can a few strands out to cover the tracks of the center piece if you decide to do side part

4. RUBY

RUBY Well-Known Member

Have you tried checking out bhm weave section?
    You might get more help there concerning weaves.

5. lilsparkle825

lilsparkle825 New Member

6. BlackGeisha

BlackGeisha Member

MsChanda on youtube has many sew in videos where she does closures.

When I wore my sew ins I used to use a dropper and put amla oil in my hair, I got pretty good growth from doing so, but I was also using other growth aids at the same time.

7. RaeCam

RaeCam New Member

I'm all natural. I grew out my perm to about a little below my ears then whacked the rest off. So now I'm about neck length. And I do not want any of my own hair out. I think it would drive me crazy yo have to maintain that little bitty piece of hair!

Also I'm seeing that it seems not the best step to do a straight weave. It may look better if I at least have some wave especially if I am using synthetic. I was thinking about using the outre Batik. Anyone use that before? From what I read it makes an awesome weave.