Clove spray for hair growth?

AtlantaJJ

I just bought a bag of cloves and did a rinse my last wash day. I swear I have baby fine hairs on a spot on my edges that hasn't done anything up until now. All of a sudden I have little furs where it used to be shinny bald. Its about a 1/2 inch spot at the edge of my hairline (baby hairs area). It may be a coincidence because I'm using other topicals, but I haven't seen anything going on with that spot until this week!!

snoop

I have so much moisture in my hair! I don't know if it's the clove water rinse or the CocoVeda mask or the combo. My hair is so supple and not a hint of dryness and very low frizz... :think: :scratchchin:

Do you just brew it plain (no other herbs) then spray onto your hair?

AtlantaJJ

Do you just brew it plain (no other herbs) then spray onto your hair?
My first go, I ground about 1 - 2 tablespoons and steeped it in about 14 oz of hot water, in a mason jar with lid, over night. I strained the tea and put part of it into another tea spritz that I had in the fridge and I also made a rinse with the tea as the last step of my wash before my sealers and all of that. This blend was concentrated in my opinion so I mixed it with more water to do the rinse. I always use distilled water for my concoctions that call for water.

I see most YTers steep whole cloves. I read about grinding with mortar and pestle (or coffee grinder) from more medically inclined sources. I'm not sure which is more beneficial, this requires further investigation.

I like my wash day result, so much so that I wrote down what I did!! My hair feels so calm, she is not dry, she is supple instead. Perhaps I just hit the right combo of shampoo, treatment, rinse, leave-ins, oils, styling product, etc... (that's a lot)

Last edited:

cocosweet

I stumbled across this video today and I’m tempted to buy some cloves now. She boils 1 cup or water then mixed the cloves into the boiled water and lets it sit 24 hours. Then the mix is transferred to a spray bottle.

Have you ladies tried this for hair growth? It sounds like it may smell better than a lot of other growth aids…
It smells like Christmas. I've been using the spray for a couple of weeks. I can't tell if my hair is reacting to the spray, or the Mielle gummies I've been taking. My hair has been shedding less though.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So I just massaged my scalp with a few drops of clove oil. It really does smell like Christmas! I started some clove water too. I put 1/2 cup of organic cloves in a container with spring water and I’ll put it in a spray water after 24-48 hours. We gonna grow my baby’s hair back out.

I’ll use it to reverse my grays. I have a few disrespectful strands around my perimeter.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I took down baby girl’s braids and sprayed her scalp with clove water. I added some garnier cream to her ends and put a headband. Those 4b curls were poppin! She loves her texture and is gaining confidence now that her hair is about 2-3 inches. I’ll have her at 7-8 inches by December.

Black Ambrosia

I took down baby girl’s braids and sprayed her scalp with clove water. I added some garnier cream to her ends and put a headband. Those 4b curls were poppin! She loves her texture and is gaining confidence now that her hair is about 2-3 inches. I’ll have her at 7-8 inches by December.
Garnier like the facial moisturizer?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen cloves in the grocery store. Is this a specialty item? Maybe I’ve seen them in the spice aisle but I’m pretty sure those aren’t whole. Where are you all finding these?