Co-Wash Challenge Spring/Summer '09: Who's Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eisani

To carry on in the tradition of Tiffers' challenge last spring and summer (actually on into the fall), I think we should do another cowashing challenge!!

The "rules" are quite simple, simply conditioner wash at least once/week and follow up with your normal routine, i.e., DC, rollerset, wet bun, etc...Just check in and let us know what you're using, how your hair likes it, and the end results. Last year, a lot of us discovered staple conditioners thanks to this challenge.

Since March 20th is the first day of Spring, I figured that would be a good day to start. The last day of summer, September 21st will be the last day so that makes this a 6month challenge :grin:

Who's with it?? I will be starting a new thread on 3/20 with a list of participants and to kick it off in a clean thread!

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm in! I normally only co-wash 1x/wk but upped it to two to deal with this new growth. In the summer I may switch it to 3x/wk. We shall see.

Eisani

I'm in! I normally only co-wash 1x/wk but upped it to two to deal with this new growth. In the summer I may switch it to 3x/wk. We shall see.
That's kinda what I ended up doing last summer. I started off doing it once a week and shampooing once, then I went to cw's 2 or 3 x's/wk and pooing once. Some weeks I did it every day. It can become addicting and that water and conditioner feel wonderful on hot days :yep:

Put me down! Im in!
Cool! Welcome, newb :grin:

Eisani

i'm definitely in... since i've been exercising, i find that i have to cowash after each workout because i sweat like a pig.
This has been me lately as well. I saw my mom after one of my workouts and she said I looked like I'd been playing outside :laugh: I'm grown, mami!

countrychickd

This can be very helpful to me during this transition, so definitely count me in. I just recently really discovered the benefits of cowashing regularly, and my hair loves it!

Nice Lady

Count me in! I am currently co-washing every other day or everyday due to working out excessively for the summer except for wash days.

sharentu

i am in, i usually cowash at least 3xs per week now. i will come back with what i will be using.

JJamiah

To carry on in the tradition of Tiffers' challenge last spring and summer (actually on into the fall), I think we should do another cowashing challenge!!

The "rules" are quite simple, simply conditioner wash at least once/week and follow up with your normal routine, i.e., DC, rollerset, wet bun, etc...Just check in and let us know what you're using, how your hair likes it, and the end results. Last year, a lot of us discovered staple conditioners thanks to this challenge.

Since March 20th is the first day of Spring, I figured that would be a good day to start.

Who's with it??

COUNT me in! I co wash now once a week and shampoo once a week during the summer I will up to twice a week and maintain my once a week shampoo.

I use right now V05 - Tea Therapy, Clarifying Conditioner Vanilla Mint Tea

Last edited:

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
This is an automactic giving for me since I do this anyway when I'm over 4 weeks post. But count me in offically! :grin:

Platinum

:wave: I wanna join! I'm in braids but I plan to cowash atleast 2-3 times a week. I'm currently 15 weeks into my 6 month stretch.

I like Tresemme moisturizing condish and Suave Humectant.:look:

JuniePie

The newbie is in! I just started to co-wash and I can't wait to see what benfits it has. But I do have a ? do this means absolutly no shampooing?

Odd One

Im in too! i already do it everyday! and let it air dry. it helps a lot with breakage since i dont touch it after(dont want it to frizz!)

Ill probadly be BEGGING for cowashes this spring/summer :grin:

I currently cowash with herbal essences(color me happy, breaks over and dangerously straight... my ltr is empty:(lol)

Eisani

The newbie is in! I just started to co-wash and I can't wait to see what benfits it has. But I do have a ? do this means absolutly no shampooing?
Nope, see op. You can use shampoo as often as your personal needs require. Usually if I'm cowashing more than twice a week, I'll throw a poo in there somewhere to avoid build up.

Status
Not open for further replies.