coconut oil

godzooki

hey ladies, just wanted to share my experience.
after hearing so many good things about pure unrefined coconut oil I decided to try it. (p.j.ism at its best) and boy oh boy am I happy! I washed and conditioned my hair as usual and like I normally do I just dotted my scalp with wgo, used my Inf-23 spray (I think I might eventually nix the Inf-23 for something "gentler") and Pantene daily stregthening complex (this stuff is harder to find than anything!). Now, Instead of using wgo and carrot oil all over my hair I used the coconut oil all over (lightly) It smelled so good! Instead of my ponytail I did my hair in two back twists and left it alone. I took it down this morning and the first thing I noticed was my hair was almost as straight as if I'd just had a touch up! (I am in my 5th wk) usually I have springy waves where the new growth is but it was all flat against my scalp! you could still feel the wave pattern of my new growth but it was laying down and behaving! also, it was nice and shiny! not oily but a nice sheen and there was no greasy feeling like with wgo and carrot oil and no heavy smell!. my hair had movement! when I took the twists down they were waves with sheen. for just using the coconut oil I was very surprised. Even when I used my normal routine of wgo and carrot oil I had some puffyness at the roots and where my part is. I had no puffyness!It was all sleek and flat. I'm sold! I feel like I'm really going to be able to stretch out my touch ups by using coconut oil! thanks for listening!

sweetcocoa

Which brand of coconut oil did you use? I'd like to try that since you said it didn't leave your hair feeling oily. Thanks!

godzooki

I ordered it online from coconutoil-online.com. I know people get it from other places also but I dont remember any of the other websites. this company has fast delivery service (ups) and even emailed me to tell me exactly what day it would come.