Coffee for Hair Growth!

chebaby

i love my coffe butter. it is sooooo moisturizing and makes the hair very shiny. i havent used it as an overnight treat yet but i will add it with my conditioner tonight and report back.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

The coffee scent is very faint. It does go away after a few minutes. I don't mind the smell of coffee, so i probably don't even notice it. However, it disappears if you use other products on top of it.

Mahalialee4

i love my coffe butter. it is sooooo moisturizing and makes the hair very shiny. i havent used it as an overnight treat yet but i will add it with my conditioner tonight and report back.

Where do you get coffee butter, or do you make it. I made one. I do not use it often because I also use coffee oil.

coolsista-paris

i have always thought that caffeine wasn't good for health and so: neither for hair! well, if anyone does this: show some results ladies! :)

nakialovesshoes

I did a black tea & coffee rinse the other day. I did not like how hard & crunchy it made my hair feel. I put a DC on top of it & got under my steamer for an hour. My hair just didn't seem as soft as it usually is after that much time under the steamer. I'm thinking about purchasing the Joe Water that was mentioned by JustKiya, I think it was & just making a tonic for my scalp only. If I do, I'll come back & report my results.

BklynHeart

I still use coffee in my hair. After shampooing, I pour it in, then add my conditioner and leave it on for about 1/2 hour. It decreased my shedding, and it covered some of my greys.

Aggie

I am not using coffee now but green tea. It's the caffeine that makes these items work to slow down shedding so I think the green tea is fine for me for now.

ETA: This morning what I did was make a strong brew of green tea and added some WEN lavender conditioner to it, shook it up and added the mix to my hair, slapped on my wig after it dried until slightly damp, then off to work I went.

My hair right now is still feeling very moisturized. I sprayed the ends with some S-Curl Spray Moisturizer a few miutes ago and now I'm heading to bed.

Last edited:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

^Nakia, i'm sure it was the tea that made your hair hard. If you used plain coffee, you would have been pleasantly surprised.

This is one of the things I do not forget in my reggie. I rinse with coffee. I'm sure it's helped my hair thicken more than just about....anything.

ArrrBeee

I do a coffee rinse occasionally. It gives my hair a nice reddish hue and it decreases the shedding. I would do them more but everytime I go to the apartment office to get coffee:look:, they are out.

baddison

natural for good
I use coffee in my NUPUR henna mix monthly. I sleep in it overnite, then rinse the henna out in the morning. I do believe the benefits of coffee to hair. With the coffee and the henna working together, my shedding and breakage is really at a minimum.:yep:

yardgirl

I'm going to try the coffee and JBCO mix on my bald spot and my edges. I hope Jamaican Blue Mountain is good enough.

missmenia

My Aunt did that for me when I was younger. She trimmed my ends and did the coffee with JBCO thing. My mom forbade it after she found out my aunt was mixing up the concoction to put in my hair. (Mom has the belief that your hair is linked to your brain and people can take things away from you if you let them touch your hair) She did it a few times. There was no doubt it worked. My hair grew like weeds. I was natural then. hmmmm I guess she was onto something. My aunt always had bsl hair and thick too. need to call my aunt in Canada. All I remember was her boiling coffee grounds.

SO HOW DOES THIS WORK AGAIN? BOIL COFFEE AND THE PUT IN FRIDGE? PLEASE HELP I WANT LONGER HAIR....LOL

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I am brewing coffee at this moment to drink and use in my hair. This is a staple for me.

You need to try it for yourself to believe it. I don't use it when my hair is straightened, for obvious reasons, but when i'm bunning, it's back in business - i can't wait to use it.

dancinstallion

Does any still do this? I know people do the tea rinses but do you put the caffeine in your shampoo?

I always put caffeine in my shampoo. I just brake open the capsules and pour into my bottle. I guess I can start doing the tea rinses/coffee rinses also inbetween shampoos.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
This sounds yummy!!! Not that I drink coffee but I LOVE the smell of coffee. I'm gonna try this too.

dancinstallion

@dancinstallion How did the caffeine pills in the shampoo work for you? Did you notice a difference? How many did you use?

Ms. Tiki you should try it to see if it will work for you.
I did notice a difference in the amount of shed hair I got in the shower. But overall I don't see a difference because I still shed heavily. when I finger comb before washing I get shed hair coming out but after shampooing I don't get as much shed hair. But for me the damage is already done before I shampoo.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Read this thread today at werk:look: and decided to try this in addition to my Black Tea Rinse (for the remainder of the Winter Season).

Thanks for bumping this thread, it helped me figure out how to use the Coffee.

I had brewed a Pot of Coffee a while back and put in a Gallon Jug & Stuck in the Fridge, so now that I've read up on it a little more, I will incorporate this next wash day (Sat.)

So, I may do it right before DC'ing and then use the Black Tea Rinse after I rinse out my DC'er or vice-versa. I haven't decided yet, but I will be doing them both.:yep:

Coffee to stimulate growth & Black Tea to combat shedding and mask the Coffee Smell.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Read this thread today at werk:look: and decided to try this in addition to my Black Tea Rinse (for the remainder of the Winter Season).

Thanks for bumping this thread, it helped me figure out how to use the Coffee.

I had brewed a Pot of Coffee a while back and put in a Gallon Jug & Stuck in the Fridge, so now that I've read up on it a little more, I will incorporate this next wash day (Sat.)

So, I may do it right before DC'ing and then use the Black Tea Rinse after I rinse out my DC'er or vice-versa. I haven't decided yet, but I will be doing them both.:yep:

Coffee to stimulate growth & Black Tea to combat shedding and mask the Coffee Smell.

I think you should do Black Tea before your DC because it acts like a protein and the DC can soften it back up. JMO.