Coffee for Hair Growth!

hair4romheaven

@bajunmum that's were I saw it. I was going to make it but i'm currently in braids (cornrows) that I leave in for 8-10 weeks , so since I can't see how my hair will react since its braided I plan on using it when I take my hair down.
Let me know how it goes please.
Hhg

SingBrina

Wow I can tell a difference in my hair with only one try! It feels so much fuller, and airy!! Its so soft! I used Foldgers

Aggie

I'm actually thinking about making some infused coffee oil and adding it to a little bit of shea butter and use it as a pomade on my scalp. I've got a ton of mixtures all up in my head right now and a lot of them include caffeine and shea butter.

PlanetCybertron

Only reason I no longer do coffee or caffeine rinses is because they would give so much of an energy surge that I couldn’t go to sleep at night even if I did early that day.

I’m not sure if I remembered seeing much growth but it did help ease my scalp issues for an amount of time

sissimpson

I infused a bunch of tea bags into sunflower oil: black tea, horsetail, chamomile, roobios, ginger, nettle, mint, and possibly a couple of others I can't remember at the moment. I let the oil sit in a dark place for about 6 weeks. I can honestly say I'm seeing new growth in my edges, in my crown, less breakage. Now I can't say it's all a direct result of my oil. I've started doing smoothies with MSM a few times weekly, and I'm taking some supplements. But one of my daughters told me 'you're coming back from alopecia!' I'm delighted!

ilong

God's Own
I infused a bunch of tea bags into sunflower oil: black tea, horsetail, chamomile, roobios, ginger, nettle, mint, and possibly a couple of others I can't remember at the moment. I let the oil sit in a dark place for about 6 weeks. I can honestly say I'm seeing new growth in my edges, in my crown, less breakage. Now I can't say it's all a direct result of my oil. I've started doing smoothies with MSM a few times weekly, and I'm taking some supplements. But one of my daughters told me 'you're coming back from alopecia!' I'm delighted!

@ssimpson - congratulations!!! Check out rosehip and argan oil - if you don't already have them in your oil blend! ;)

ilong

God's Own
Last week I made a green tea oil and a coffee oil (found one old pack of coffee from a hotel stay :toocool:) and a fenugreek rinse. I'll use the fenugreek rinse today. (Fenugreek is excellent for reducing shedding) The oils have to steep another week before I use them. I added additional essential oils to both. Plan to use the coffee oil for deep conditioning and green tea oil for hot oil treatments . I may make a test oil blend of Paltas Hair Treatment Oil and the Coffee Oil to see the affects.

There were quite a few of us making tea, coffee and fenugreek rinses and oils during 2012-2014. At the time I travelled a lot so I had a large stash of coffee from hotel rooms. ;). I don't travel as much now and use pods for coffee, so I don't have any coffee packs to make the oils and rinses. I think I'll pop into Big Lots or TJ Maxx/Marshalls sometime soon and pick up some cheap espresso coffee. I do recall my grays not being as noticeable when I used the tea and coffee rinses/oils.

Fenugreek Thread: https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...iness-great-slip-stops-shedding-cheap.697429/
Coffee/Tea (Challenge) Thread: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/coffee-tea-acv-avj-ayurvedic-challenge-2013.664751/

KenyafromCT

I just received coffee oil from @cultural connections. I haven’t used it yet. I may try to make my own. What I bought was expense. I bought 2 bottles, 2oz. each. For about $30. Yikes. I wanted to support black owned.