Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ & Ayurvedic Challenge 2013

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Ladies! Happy New Year! In Addition to Coffee, Tea we've decided to add:

ACV
AVJ
Ayurvedic

Products/Rinses etc.....in 2013

The reason you're being "Mention" is because you posted in the Previously Challenge.

Please Stop in and list the Products/Rinses etc...You'll be using in 2013:grin:

@Brownie518
@Chaosbutterfly
@BlkOnyx488
@NJoy
@hair4today
@Mane_Attraxion
@Anakinsmomma
@LovinCurls
@Ltown
@greenandchic
@curlyhersheygirl
@leiah
@babayred_86
@Ronnieaj
@Seamonster
@Marino
@Minty
@HauteHippie
@Shay72
@Eisani
@Ms_CoCo37
@Aggie
@InBloom
@bajandoc86
@niqu92
@faithVA
@beautyaddict1913
@ecornett
@yodie
@guyanesesista
@CurlyMoo
@dyamonds10
@AtlantaJJ
@Lita
@mami2010
@bign__17
@soonergirl
@LunaGorgeous
@luckiestdestiny
@Coffee
@divachyk
@wantsthecurlsback
@Solila
@MarriageMaterial
@GoddessMaker
@NappyNelle
@mamaore
@DarkJoy
@felic1
@NaiyaAi
@Bajanmum
@lovestarr
@Poutchi
@Ann0804
@CurlsBazillion
@Baggettcindy
@hair4romheaven
@MrsHouston
@morehairplease
@Jewell
@MaraWithLove
@Vintagecoilylocks
@nurseN98
@zora
@youwillrise
@againstallodds
@justicefighter1913
@chebaby
@Auburn
@Vonnieluvs08
@Anavrin
@SimJam
@Stillsaddity
@ladysaraii
@Ms. Tiki
@lamaria211
@Americka
@tri3nity
@shortt29
@Hairroots
@grownnsexy
@SLOGRO
@Babygrowth
@cocomama
@DirectorChic
@Lymegreen
@ArrrBeee
@karenjoe
@melissa-bee
@Keen
@HairNinja
@lovelycurls
@jprayze
@rachelpierre7385
@daviine
@Toot-a-Boot
@-PYT
@JFemme
@Nice & Wavy
@Froreal3
@Bnster
@RODI
@SEMO
@ronie
@Firstborn2
@BonFille
@g.lo
@WantNatural
@Saludable84
@MeechUK
@Golden75
@phyl73
@Imoan
@Foxglove
@BornAgainNatural2012
@*Frisky*
@TLC1020
@QueenAmaka

Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I'm here! Excited for 2013! Adding Ayurvedic to my regimen!

Right now I'm using:

teas/herbs

rose petals
oolong
nettle
burdock

Ayuvedic (new for 2013)
shikakai (as shampoo)
amla
henna
neem oil and powders

Lymegreen

:grin::grin: I was unofficially in the last challenge and learned so much :yep:

My staples are:
Bhrami
Bhringraj
Cassia
AVJ
Shikaikai (sp)

I've been thinking about using henna during the spring and summer but I don't know if I can deal with the mess. I've thought about adding the henna powder straight into my cheapy conditioners (gloss) to save time. Still figuring out how to make it quick and easy.

But for now I do rinses with the other powers above or pastes regularly and my hair loves it!

Americka

I am in...

Teas - Black
Coffee - vanilla nut, Colombian dark roast
Ayurvedic - amla, aritha, lemon, tulsi (still need to learn how to use effectively)

Last edited:

WantNatural

WOOHOO! I've been waiting for this!:yay:

I'll be using various herbs for teas (nettle's my favorite), prepackaged teas, AVJ, and henna. Planning to try brahmi, bringhraj, and kalpi tone, maybe start using my shikaikai shampoo bar again. Will go shopping at Patel Brothers tomorrow!

Oops! Almost forgot coffee! This is a must-have before I DC.

Last edited:

Imoan

Awesome, I already do a paste w/ Amla,brahmi powders treatments every two weeks, I also will be using the following :

Bhringaraj, amla, brahmi, mustard seed, vatika oils
Hibiscus, neem, burdock root, marshmallow root powders.

Thanks

g.lo

I am in;
tea rinse, henna, cocoveda oil and sukesh ayurvedic powder. Will post more details early january!

hair4today

IDareT'sHair you know I'm a tea head for life so count me in for this challenge. I have a ton of teas and herbs and do like to mix it up each wash but faves that I typically use are: burdock root, marshmallow root, slippery elm, horsetail, nettle, blue malva flowers, moringa, bamboo leaf, hibiscus/rose-hip and rooibos. My current reggie is to do a tea rinse layered under a light protein DC before cleansing. For the new year, I will be adding a final tea rinse of moisturizing herbs (blue malva, hibiscus, rooibos, etc) with a touch of ACV to close the cuticles and boost sheen and shine. Wishing everyone a successful, healthy hair journey for 2013!

MaraWithLove

OMG ayurveda is being added? I'll definitely be able to be active! All I buy now are herbs, teas, oils and cheapie conditioners! XD Count me in! :yep:

CurlsBazillion

I completely slacked off last challenge. I'm going to a health food store soon to explore more teas. I can't get up the courage to use ACV, I know its silly but I just can't wrap my mind around that. I want to rinse weekly then in the spring/summer three times a week after cowashing. I will be more consistent this year, I have to if I'm going to make BSL.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
can you post the link to the previous challenge. I would like to see some of the regimens

greenandchic

I'm in!

Tea
Black tea
Oolong
Hibiscus
Coffee
Neem

Ayurvedic
Henna
Indigo
Kapur Kachri
Neem
Hibiscus (powder)
Shikakai
Amla

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I said I would be using Coffee January 1st - April 1st. I'll be using Columbian Coffee x2 week under my DC'er.

I'll start back to Tea(s) in the Spring/Summer:
Horsetail
Nettle
Burdock
Saw Palmetto
Rosehips
Catnip
Fenugreek
Roobis
Black
Hibiscus
Rosemary
Peppermint
Marshmallow
Milk Thistle
Moringa
Oolong
Green Tea

Here are my Flowers:
Blue Malva
Hibiscus
Calendua
Rose Petals

And Several Loose Tea Blends that other Nikos sent me!:lick:

I also have several Natural/Handmade Products that contain: Coffees, Teas, ACV and Ayurvedic Blends.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
I want to join but I am not sure how the coffee is being applied. Is it a final rinse? A pre-poo?

SimJam

thanks MissT for starting back up the 2013 threads!!!! I must say that this thread and the oils thread introduced me to some products and got me using some old staples that really did my hair good in 2012 :spinning:

Teas
I draw my teas in water then add AVJ 50:50 ratio

hibiscus
marshmallow
rosehips
nettle
burdock root
lavender
horsetail
moringa
rosemary

Ayurveda
will start back doing scalp pastes using
amla
artitha
brahmi
will try to be consistent with monthly hennas

ACV
will continue cleansing my scalp with ACV before using cleansing cremes

Coffee
Ive never tried coffee rinses, but may add into my regimen this year, from what Ive read seems like I can incorporate into ayurvedic scalp pastes and henna to start with.

Last edited:

chebaby

cool im in.
i will still be using trigga which has tea in it, jar of joe which has coffee. and i have a few ayurvedic herbs ill be using here and there.

monday i used terressentials mud wash which is bentonite clay(does that count) and i followed up with kbb mask which has amla and shikakai.

this weekend i might pull out a little amla and henna, depends on how i feel.

Aggie

Hey Ladies! Happy New Year! In Addition to Coffee, Tea we've decided to add:

ACV
AVJ
Ayurvedic

Products/Rinses etc.....in 2013

The reason you're being "Mention" is because you posted in the Previously Challenge.

Please Stop in and list the Products/Rinses etc...You'll be using in 2013:grin:

Girl IDareT'sHair, you musta known I needed to find a reason to use up my ayurveda powders this year. I was just looking at all those powders thinking about how I was gonna use them up and now a challenge to help me along...:yay:

I still have brahmi, amla, bringhraj, hibiscus petal powder, tulsi, and kalpi tone to use up. I henna'ed my hair today so I will have to use up my powders when I do my cowashes and cowash with them as rinses. This should help keep my scalp nice and healthy.

I think I will have to steep them in hot water for a few minutes, pour over my hair in the shower and finish off with an actual conditioner to soften up my hair IF it feels a little stiff from the rinse.

Or I can add a little oil to the rinse before pouring it over my hair, cover with a plastic cap while I shower, then rinse it out.

Hmmm:scratchch, perhaps I will try both ways and see which one I really like and stick with that. :yep:, that's what I'll do.

I have some AVJ (I'll add this to my rinses and make my moisture drenched prepoo) and ACV to use up as well but I think I will be drinking my ACV in water to flush out my system and alkalize my body for the month of January.

luckiestdestiny

I have to bow out of this one. I am not a challege person, I just agreed to document in a vitamin thread. I wish the ladies well in this one!