Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ & Ayurvedic Challenge 2013

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
If anyone has any Coconut Milk or Coconut Creme, feel free to use those too.:look:

Especially since: @APrayer4Hair, @Aggie @chebaby and *cough* maybe @divachyk might use room temp Beer. :lol:

I don't drink either and would probably feel 'strange' buying beer, but wll wait on a few reviews. I know the Barley & Malt is suppose to be good for your hair probably like "Wheat" or something.

I found both Coconut Milk & Creme (1 jar each) in my Cabinet, so I'll pull those out and get rid of those.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
T, I will buy the beer at the store outside the city limits to not be seen by anyone I know. :look: :lol: I prepood with coconut milk before and loved it. Never thought about using it for rinsing. Thanks for the tip IDareT'sHair.

Lita

If anyone has any Coconut Milk or Coconut Creme, feel free to use those too.:look:

Especially since: @APrayer4Hair, @Aggie @chebaby and *cough* maybe @divachyk might use room temp Beer. :lol:

I don't drink either and would probably feel 'strange' buying beer, but wll wait on a few reviews. I know the Barley & Malt is suppose to be good for your hair probably like "Wheat" or something.

I found both Coconut Milk & Creme (1 jar each) in my Cabinet, so I'll pull those out and get rid of those.

If you don't want to use beer,just buy hops powder or leaves..I like the powder,I add it to my Brahmi & conditioner,when I rinse it out,my hair is super full with a lot of body..Penn Herb has the powder/Mountian Rose has the leaves you can make tea out of it..Nice tea rinse,but let it sit for a min,just to get the full effect on your hair.

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@divachyk You sound like me (going outside the city limits).:lol:

I'd probably use the Coconut creme/milk as a rinse out with my Cowash maybe or underneath my DC'er.

@Lita good tip.:yep:

Will Steep:
Moringa
Saw Palmetto
Oolong
Horsetail

Tomorrow.

Lita

T, I will buy the beer at the store outside the city limits to not be seen by anyone I know. :look: :lol: I prepood with coconut milk before and loved it. Never thought about using it for rinsing. Thanks for the tip IDareT'sHair.

divachyk Goat Milk powder is good too..Very silky,clean rinse..It really aids you wash/dc experience.

Happy Hair Growing!

AtlantaJJ

I'ma be a tea dranking, pouring over my head sista in 2013! :superbanana:

I'm all into the Oolong tea right now, but I will be branching out to Ayurveda teas soon.

I also plan to make coffee oil.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Lita

That's what I bought it for cowashing. :lick:

I really like(d) the Neem one and when she offered the Neem, Goat-Milk and 1other one for $8.50 I wanted to stock up on those, when I went back in to get a couple more, the Goat Milk was OOS.:ohwell:

You probably bought them all.:lol:

If I see Goat Milk someplace, Imma pick up a can. Is it in a can or Carton?

Lita

Lita

That's what I bought it for cowashing. :lick:

I really like(d) the Neem one and when she offered the Neem, Goat-Milk and 1other one for $8.50 I wanted to stock up on those, when I went back in to get a couple more, the Goat Milk was OOS.:ohwell:

You probably bought them all.:lol:

If I see Goat Milk someplace, Imma pick up a can. Is it in a can or Carton?

IDareT'sHair I buy the powder-from nature with love & the can Indian store..

I wish it was me that brought all the goodies from AV..lol

Happy Hair Growing!

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
@IDareT'sHair AV goat milk con was really good..I liked it..I would use it as a co-wash.

Happy Hair Growing!

@IDareT'sHair I buy the powder-from nature with love & the can Indian store..

I wish it was me that brought all the goodies from AV..lol

Happy Hair Growing!
Goat milk ya'll say @Lita and @IDareT'sHair?!

Funny, just picked up the powdered form at the health food store to make soap. Now in hair... I can totally see that! It's on! When I take this install down, I'm gonna add it to my Vatika oil pre-poo. Woohoo!

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Nix08 Reading you list just made me realise I forgot some teas that I had! :giggle:

Can you and IDareT'sHair tell me where you guys got your blue malva from pretty plz? I've been hearing some awesome stuff about it, and would like to get my hands on some.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Nix08 Reading you list just made me realise I forgot some teas that I had! :giggle:

Can you and IDareT'sHair tell me where you guys got your blue malva from pretty plz? I've been hearing some awesome stuff about it, and would like to get my hands on some.

I got it as a gift and I'm down to my last bits:sad: looks like I'll be on the hunt again soon. ..

jprayze

I'm back in for 2013 because tea rinses have been so good to me in 2012. Just teas for now-- black, green, and chamomile with some herbs thrown in from time to time...whatever I can get my hands on.

zora

zora, girl what are cleavers? Are they good for scalp issues or are they for growth?

I have fallen off so bad. I tried the black tea rinses for shedding hair and they had no effect. My hair is still shedding, though not as bad since I've been taking garlic pills for my cholesterol. My hair has gotten thin and now I'm starting to get dandruff :(. I'm going to research what I can use for dandruff but if anybody has any suggestions I would appreciate it :D

For now I'm gonna do aloe vera rinses starting this weekend. Thanks for the tag IDareT'sHair i'd forgotten all about this..lol. I need to get serious and keep what hair I have left on my head.

They are 'weeds' the Native Americans used to grow their hair.

chebaby

Thanks for the mention!! I tea rinse every wash day so let's go get it.

ETA:
Slippery Elm
Moringa
Marshmallow Root
Burdock Root
Oolong
Bamboo
And others....

@Aggie and @chebaby, I read about beer rinsing but can't recall the benefits. Off to research. Oh and che, no one drinks at my house either. I probably would feel weird buying beer but if it will bring some goodness to this low porosity hair, consider it a stocked item in the fridge. :grin:
i have no idea if my hair is low or high porosity:lol: i just like watching people do odd things to their hair. all type of things i wouldnt do. its interesting.
if you decide to do it come back with a review:yep:

chebaby

oh yea put me down for coconut m ilk too:lol: i love me some coconut milk, even though i havent used it in a while i still love it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
chebaby

Gurl...I ain't puttin' you down for nuttin'. I know you'll come up with something good.:lol:

Hey, if you try some Goat Milk lemme know.:lol:

I might pick up some if I see some, but I don't think I'll go out of my way to look for it.:yep:

xu93texas

IDareT'sHair,
Please add me to the list. I'm excited about using ayurvedic products for 2013.

Here is what I bought from Hennasooq:

amla powder
organic rajasthani indian henna
indigo
Sukesh ayurveda powder

As for as teas or concerned, I only use black tea.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I get my flowers locally on the ground here. Though I've NEVER come across blue malva.

However, I will be using IDareT'sHair ebay source for my oolong. I run out too fast. It's actually cheaper from ebay even with shipping!

chebaby

@chebaby

Gurl...I ain't puttin' you down for nuttin'. I know you'll come up with something good.:lol:

Hey, if you try some Goat Milk lemme know.:lol:

I might pick up some if I see some, but I don't think I'll go out of my way to look for it.:yep:
:lachen:goat milk? aint nobody trying no goat milk. at least not until i run off and do some research:look::lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:lachen:goat milk? aint nobody trying no goat milk. at least not until i run off and do some research:look::lol:

@chebaby

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Um...I knew that would get you. I did get that 1 Goat Milk Conditioner from Mala.:look:

If I see some like in the Ethnic Section at the Grocery, I'll pick up a can (if it isn't too expensive).:perplexed

Will definitely use some Coconut Milk under my DC tomorrow or as a rinse right before DC'ing.

chebaby

@chebaby

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Um...I knew that would get you. I did get that 1 Goat Milk Conditioner from Mala.:look:

If I see some like in the Ethnic Section at the Grocery, I'll pick up a can (if it isn't too expensive).:perplexed

Will definitely use some Coconut Milk under my DC tomorrow or as a rinse right before DC'ing.
lmao i was like this at first :perplexed and then i was like :lick::lol:
yea if i find a can of goat milk imma mix it with oil and honey and see what it do lol.
shoot we already use products with almond milk, hemp milk, coconut milk and gawd only knows what other milks we been putting in our hair:lol: