Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ & Ayurvedic Challenge 2013

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
chebaby

I do think I may get some AVJuice.

And start doing Rinses especially since I won't be doing Tea Rinses again until Spring.:lick:

So, I'll make AVJ my Final Rinse.

I know I won't be foolin' with no Ayurvedic Powders.:nono:

That's not my thing.

Henna/Indigo is about as far as I'm going with mixing stuff.:yep:

chebaby

@chebaby

I do think I may get some AVJuice.

And start doing Rinses especially since I won't be doing Tea Rinses again until Spring.:lick:

So, I'll make AVJ my Final Rinse.

I know I won't be foolin' with no Ayurvedic Powders.:nono:

That's not my thing.

Henna/Indigo is about as far as I'm going with mixing stuff.:yep:
yea powders take time and half the time i dont want to be bothered but they are a nice treat.

AVJ should be a good replacement for your teas:yep: let me know ho that turns out.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I miss all the action:cry:

I couldn't get with the aryuvedic powders either BUT I've since put them in tea bags and brew them like tea...MUCH easier to work with:yep:

SimplyWhole

I'm in.

Black Tea infused with burdock, nettles, marshmallow root, slippery elm, Irish moss, horsetail

Will experiment with coffee

Ayurvedic
Henna
Indigo
Kapur Kachri
Neem
Hibiscus (powder)
Shikakai
Amla
Brahmi

APrayer4Hair

Aight so I tried that beer rinse last night. Here's what I did:

-CW with Giovanni SAS
-poured flat room temp beer over hair
-covered with a plastic cap for 5 mins
- rinsed in lukewarm H2O

My hair felt stiff afterward like the beer gave it hold. I didn't really like it but I'd try it one more time with a diff beer and maybe as a pre poo instead of a final rinse :shrug:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
makin me nervous with that stiff stuff APrayer4Hair! Maybe the beer needs to be diluted?

oan: time to experiment with indigo. maybe try and do low-lights with it? my hair is hella red with the regular henna now. its porous (I think) so anything looks extra. I cant find a human hair for my crochet installs that match. Black is really easy to match. lol

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@APrayer4Hair

Lemme ask @Aggie how she does her Beer Rinses?

ETA: I also want to know about AVJ Rinses, so if Anyone can share some insights on that.

I was going to pour it on & rinse it out. Is that correct?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Lawd!

I forgot to use the Coconut Milk SMH. Now it'll hafta' wait until next Wash Day. (Tuesday).:blush:

How in the Debil did I forget that??????:censored:

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
:yay::yay: I am sooo ready. I will continue to use amla masks and will be doing more experimenting with various teas. I ordered a lot of stuff from iherb so we'll see how it goes :spinning:

Aggie

Aight so I tried that beer rinse last night. Here's what I did:

-CW with Giovanni SAS
-poured flat room temp beer over hair
-covered with a plastic cap for 5 mins
- rinsed in lukewarm H2O

My hair felt stiff afterward like the beer gave it hold. I didn't really like it but I'd try it one more time with a diff beer and maybe as a pre poo instead of a final rinse :shrug:

Maybe you could try putting a Tbs of ACV in it before pouring over your hair. This is something I remember adding to my beer rinses. If that doesn't work, then end with a quick light cowash. Was it a light beer or a full rich beer? That makes a difference as well. The beer should be a light one.

I absolutely love how beer made my hair feel (full and thick and shiny) and haven't been out to the wine and spirits distributor since starting this challenge so I haven't bought any beer as yet. I find that very cheap light beer is better for my hair than the more expensive variety.

Truth be told, I don't mind a little hold in my hair at all so I guess this would work well for me. I wear my texlaxed hair in a bun, so hold is great for me - cheaper than store-bought holding spray for sure:yep:.

I haven 't used it in a while but I remember something else - Giovanni SAS made my hair a little stiff as well - I think that was the main reason why I never re-stocked up on it. Try another more moisturizing conditioner and see if there is a difference in your results.

Last edited:

Aggie

@APrayer4Hair

Lemme ask @Aggie how she does her Beer Rinses?

ETA: I also want to know about AVJ Rinses, so if Anyone can share some insights on that.

I was going to pour it on & rinse it out. Is that correct?

@IDareT'sHair, see post #137 for part of my answer. I just pour it over my hair with a little ACV added to it, wear plastic cap while I shower, then rinse it out. In a nut shell, I would properly clarify, condition, then beer rinse to get the best results.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I'm going back to coconut milk now that you mentioned it. My hair loved the coconut milk don't know why I stopped using it.

Bajanmum

Wow! You gals can talk up loads.

And reading back, I had to double check I had the right thread lol...breast milk and baby pee!!! What?

Anyhoo. Just came in to say I'll be using:

Coffee rinse
Oolong tea
Nettle and peppermint tea bags
Plantain leaves
hibiscus
catnip
nettle leaves
marshmallow root
burdock root
irish moss
liquorice root and
horsetail.

I do have ayurvedic products, but they already come ready mixed.
Shampoo bars and oil blends, and hair products with coffee and tea in (hair trigger, coffee and quinoa balancing cream, black castor oil with black tea in, and HV hydra silica tea mist).

Tis all!

Brownie518

Ok, I'm finally back to say what I'll be using:

Black tea
Horsetail
Marshmallow
Nettle
Catnip
Hibiscus
Coffee
ACV

Claudie's kahve line (all products) :lick:
Hairitage Jar of Joe
IPN Tealightful Shine and Quench

I sprayed on IPN TeaLightful Quench and let that sit for a while before washing. I had a small bit of coffee left so I rinsed with that and now i'm DCing. I'll be finishing with HV pH Rinse. Monday morning, I plan to brew up a nice tea blend for rinses.

I got some more Bamboo tea so I'll be drinking 1-2 cups a day.

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm in. This thread is so long already :look:

Tea spritz daily: Hairveda's, Sheanatural Beauty, Claudie's, IPN
AVJ spritz daily: 50/50 avj & distilled water
Coffee spritz: brewed coffee, use this under my dc's
Claudie's Kahve line: dc, leave in, moisturizer, will go back and get the oil

I also own the following teas: saw palmetto, moringa, horsetail, fenugreek, burdock root, and catnip. I will make some spritzes with these at some point but gotta be careful to only make them when I know I will be using them consistently so they don't go bad.

I drink bamboo leaf tea.

WantNatural

Henna'd overnight. (Didn't mean to, was just too tired to rinse it out, cowash, and DC at 11pm). I'm sitting under the dryer now w/coffee under my molasses DC. Will do a final AVJ/tea rinse with oolong/nettle/Rest Tazo tea (has rose petals, lemongrass, and more stuff I can't remember). Then I'm gonna twist this hair up, baggy, and find a hat so I can go out.

I also went to the indian store yesterday and bought:

500 grams Nupur Henna
Shikaikai powder
Neem
Brahmi
Shikaikai bar

Didn't see any Bhringraj which I really want, but forgot it's also called Maka, so I may go back to see if they have any.

I've wanted to get into Ayurveda for a couple of years, tried a few times, but never stuck with it. I'm excited to try again, and think I will use the powders to cleanse my hair, coffee under my DC (which I may also mix with Brahmi or Bhringraj if I can find it), and then use my western herbs mixed with AVJ as a final rinse. I may make a spritz too adding ayurvedic herbs, just not sure yet. Will probably have to be sure to add some drops of lavender to help with the smell. :look:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Last night I took out my install and did my first Ayurvedic wash with 50/50 shikakai and neem powders mixed with rose petal tea. The hair loved it and it was soft, clean and not stripped. Almost like a co-wash. Followed with a protein DC, tea spritz and flat twisted for the night.

felic1

Hello All!!!

I will use coffee rinses and
horsetail, catnip, green, pomegrante, nettle tea

I am interested in expanding some research and utilizing pastes. Here is my recent length check.:drunk:

Attachments

• 2012-12-24 10.35.51-1 (1).jpg
    2012-12-24 10.35.51-1 (1).jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 2012-12-24 11.09.51.jpg
    2012-12-24 11.09.51.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Nat1984

Count me in!!

I'm not a coffee/tea rinser, but i'm jumping on the Ayurvedic bandwagon! I did my first Cassia treatment yesterday and was really pleased with the results so I'll definitely be making it a regular part of my regimen.

Other herbs/powers/oils I'll be using are:

shikakai power
shikakai oil (not sure how I'll be using this yet)
amla power
amla oil
brahmi powder
bhringraj powder

Seamonster

I love cassia mask, but it is too expensive to keep up, so I am going to use henna for now. I was really looking forward to having grey highlights. As soon as I can afford cassia, I am going back to it.