Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ & Ayurvedic Challenge 2013

Lita

Just washed my hair with Goats Milk/Green Tea poo bar,Ayurvedic Hibiscus ACV tea rinse,Dezign Auyan Brizil butter Dc1hr,Enso Hibiscus leave-in,CC Naturals Lavender/Camomile Cream..Sealed with Rice Bran...Very tips petro...RoseMary pomade in scalp..Hair in 4 big braids..Hair is very shiny/soft.

*Curls was popping after the ayurvedic hibiscus ACV rinse...Goats/green tea bar helped too..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Aggie

I did a rinse with a blend of powders this morning to which I added a tspn of silk amino acid and 2 tbs of glycerine. I did a quick JBCO prepoo first on my scalp and hair though. My hair actually looks fuller - :love: it!

I believe the blend has bringhraj, hibiscus petal, brahmi, amla, tulsi, kalpi tone and neem powders all mixed up together. I will use the mix until it is all finished, then use the other powders singly or in a blend of only 3 powders at a time.

Aggie

I still need to purchase the beer for my hair rinses and I haven't yet because I haven't had time to. I may have to work on this next week.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I thought about taking tomorrow off but think I'll do a quick regi and tea rinse with some oolong, burdock root and a few others. I need to get my beer too Aggie. What type/brand of beer are you considering purchasing -- would any kind work?

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I'm going to do a blk tea rinse tomorrow when I do my hair. I place an order for some more herbs, they should be here sometime nxt week.

Aggie

I thought about taking tomorrow off but think I'll do a quick regi and tea rinse with some oolong, burdock root and a few others. I need to get my beer too @Aggie. What type/brand of beer are you considering purchasing -- would any kind work?

divachyk, I think any brand would work but only as long as the brew is a light one. I did use a very cheap one last year and it came in a big can as far as beers go (I think) and because I am not a drinker, I don't remember the name but I know it when I see it. When I get it, I'll post the name up here. I'm sure Bud Light should work ok though.

divachyk

divachyk, I think any brand would work but only as long as the brew is a light one. I did use a very cheap one last year and it came in a big can as far as beers go (I think) and because I am not a drinker, I don't remember the name but I know it when I see it. When I get it, I'll post the name up here. I'm sure Bud Light should work ok though.

Aggie, thank you. I plan to buy cheap and a light version. I will transfer the beer to a unused bottle to seal it up as I doubt I use all of it in one wash. Hopefully it will last that way. I seriously don't want to be running to the store grabbing beer every week. That just seems all kinds of odd to me since I don't drink either. :grin:

Aggie

You're very welcomed divachyk. I intend to do the same as you by the way but I also intend to purchase at least 6 cans since it's so cheap.

Aggie

You're very welcomed @divachyk. I intend to do the same as you by the way but I also intend to purchase at least 6 cans since it's so cheap. They sold at 3 for $5 last year and I am hoping that hasn't changed:grin:

WantNatural

Last night I took out my install and did my first Ayurvedic wash with 50/50 shikakai and neem powders mixed with rose petal tea. The hair loved it and it was soft, clean and not stripped. Almost like a co-wash. Followed with a protein DC, tea spritz and flat twisted for the night.

DarkJoy

Thank you for this! I didn't think about mixing tea with my ayurvedic herbs in the same rinse! I think Amla irritates my scalp, and I haven't found bhringraj yet so I need something moisturizing to go with my cleansing and growth powders. May use some oolong.

ETA - was this a rinse or did you make a paste with the powders and the tea? Thanks!

Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
@DarkJoy

Thank you for this! I didn't think about mixing tea with my ayurvedic herbs in the same rinse! I think Amla irritates my scalp, and I haven't found bhringraj yet so I need something moisturizing to go with my cleansing and growth powders. May use some oolong.

ETA - was this a rinse or did you make a paste with the powders and the tea? Thanks!
Hello @WantNatural! I made runny paste, like pancake batter. Left it on under a cap for 15mins or a little more.

To give the full story as I applied the shikakai and neem powders it felt SUPER dry going on. I was worried but pushed through. When I started the rinse there was so much GRIT. Like sand! However, I found that lifting my hair and separating took it right out. The dryness fear was unfounded. It was soft and very clean once the grit was gone. I did not use anything else to wash after, just the Indian Dabur brand Egg Protein DC.

Dont try and wash with this stuff in twists or sections. You will be frustrated.

Bajanmum

I've done my wash day this weekend. I K.I.S.S(istah)

After a wash with african black soap shampoo, I used a claudies DC, with ayurvedic oil on top, and did my final rinse with Oolong tea and ACV. My hair was shiny and soft and very little hair was shed. Yay!

WantNatural

Hello @WantNatural! I made runny paste, like pancake batter. Left it on under a cap for 15mins or a little more.

To give the full story as I applied the shikakai and neem powders it felt SUPER dry going on. I was worried but pushed through. When I started the rinse there was so much GRIT. Like sand! However, I found that lifting my hair and separating took it right out. The dryness fear was unfounded. It was soft and very clean once the grit was gone. I did not use anything else to wash after, just the Indian Dabur brand Egg Protein DC.

Dont try and wash with this stuff in twists or sections. You will be frustrated.

Thanks! Hmmm...may mix shikaikai and brahmi with hibiscus tea the next time I wash.

EnExitStageLeft

I brewed my DC Tea a few days ago:

2 Tablespoons of CC's Natural's Marshmallow and Burdock Root Hair Tea and to to that I added one 1 tablespoon of slippery elm bark.

My mid-wash Tea is going to be a good ole' down home Black tea rinse

I'll will Shampoo, Black Tea Rinse and let it sit for while, Rinse, Apply Rinsing Condish, Apply DC Tea and let it sit for about 30 mins. to an hour, Apply DC on top of that allow that to sit for however long, STEAM!, Detangle in shower with Cheapy Slippy Condish, Apply Leave-Ins, Air Dry and Style :).

SimplyWhole

Yesterday was wash day

2 teabags of black tea infused with nettles, burdock, marshmallow, slippery elm. I added Irish moss instead of horse tail and I did not like it as much.

EnExitStageLeft

Oh I bought more herbs even thought I didn't need it :nono:.

I got:

Marshmallow root
Slippery Elm
Irish Moss
Hibiscus Flower
Fenugeek
Burdock Root

I have them all except Irish Moss.

Also, if anyone can tell me where I can get some Blue Malva, I'd truly appreciate it.:)

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Currently brewing: amla, bhringaraj and rose petals for a special rinse tomorrow:yep:
Using powder as tea is very easy to use and as effective. ..aryuvedics are simply amazing. ..check out the shed this wash with the above brew under giovanni 50:50 for several hours no heat.

ForumRunner_20121230_174931.jpg

Babygrowth

Ladies, anybody use green tea for rinsing? Is it like black tea in the sense that my hair could be stiff or strawlike?

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
I brewed a marshmallow root/yucca root/burdock root/slippery elm/irish moss tea as usual.

After it cooled, I used it to mix my DC (amla/brahmi/rhassoul/coconut oil/wheatgerm oil). OMG...my hair was so nice, soft and springy, and the curls were nicely clumped. :love:

I used the remainder of that tea as a spritz while installing my curlformers.

hnntrr

I would like to join this challenge. I just did a tea rinse today and saw results right away. So hopefully this will keep me accountable.

I plan on doing a tea rinse at least 2x a week until I can tell if there is any more noticeable changes.

I am keeping it simple with a black tea and chamomile mixture.
I also will be doing henna every month/month in a half.

fatimablush

i'm in. i will be rotating the following items.

green tea
nettle tea
burdock tea
black tea
i wish i could use bamboo tea but to expensive. i like to drink it anyway
hisbisuc tea
coffee-dark roast

avj-

Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
i know i could read about online but i trust my lhcf tealistas:

what have you noticed using hibiscus?

my local health food store always has it in stock. i'm considering but wanna hear first hand before buying. TIA!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
DarkJoy

I really love Hibiscus.:lick: Nice, soft, shiny Hair.:yep:

It's also in a lot of the Natural/Handmade products.

I have the Flowers, the plain Tea and a Black/Hibiscus combo Tea I got from Ltown that makes a great tea-rinse.

I think you should defintiely get it.:yep:

CocoGlow

I brewed a marshmallow root/yucca root/burdock root/slippery elm/irish moss tea as usual.

After it cooled, I used it to mix my DC (amla/brahmi/rhassoul/coconut oil/wheatgerm oil). OMG...my hair was so nice, soft and springy, and the curls were nicely clumped. :love:

I used the remainder of that tea as a spritz while installing my curlformers.

bajandoc86

Sounds yummy :grin:!!! Do you mind giving your recipe measurments for the tea & the DC?

Sorry if you posted details before ...

divachyk

Pre-Shampoo:
Spritzed with my tea blend and applied my DC to damp hair. Tea Blend: oolong, red tea, burdock root, slippery elm, moringa, bamboo, marsh root.

Post-Shampoo:
I spritzed with Claudie's before applying my LIs.