Color rinse/cellophane technique

kaytorry

I'm planning on using a color rinse from Bigen in Jet Black and I'm sort of confused. I'm trying to retain moisture after the process. For those who have used rinses before, what is your technique??

kaytorry

I shampoo, then use the rinse, then dc with a moisturizing conditioner.

While browsing the internet, I saw that some people apply the DC on top of the rinse or mix it in with the rinse, does that ensure moisture or color retention?

sqzbly1908

While browsing the internet, I saw that some people apply the DC on top of the rinse or mix it in with the rinse, does that ensure moisture or color retention?

That would actually lessen the effect of the color...some people will do that if they have a fairly bright color in order to tone it down (with respect to semi permanent colors/rinses)

sqzbly1908

As long as it not the type of semi permanent color that has to be mixed with a developer (i.e. demi-sRedken Shades EQ, Paul Mitchell PM Shines) you should be able do it anytime

shunemite

I second the order of shampoo, then apply color (I sit under a dryer for like 15 min), rinse out thoroughly, then DC.

You can recolor with a rinse soon if you want to because a rinse is like food color; it just deposits itself outside the cuticle. It doesn't penetrate the shaft. I'm just not familiar with the Bigen brand in particular so Idk it's safety.

IMFOCSD

I use any color by jazzing right after i apply my relaxer, neutralize and apply the rinse for 15-20 mins under a plastic cap with heat...the color always comes out vibrant with added strength to my strands.

Lisa

OK, I'm finally coming over to the Cellophane craze. When I first joined this site I remember people with relaxed (bra strap length hair or longer talking about Cellophane). I've ignored it for years because I thought they were using it only to add color. It has taken awhile (years) but now I'm asking what is it suppose to do? I was on a Dominican site and it was saying to do a Cellophane rinse after your relaxer...does anyone do this? How should this be used? And which Cellophane do you like?

HELP!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: