Colorado Family Struggled With Debt Before Husband's Arrest In Wife And Daughters' Killing

msbettyboop

Sociopaths unlike psychopaths are particularly charming and really good as masking their crazy. She may not havr truly know he was crazy until recently. It's telling when her friend couldn't get in touch with her for just a couple of hours she immediately called the police..

You are correct. I have dated a sociopath before, in college. During the course of the relationship, I saw his crazy twice. It was subtle and then the crazy went back in just as fast. Later on in life, when I told friends that knew us back then about it, they always went, " What? Him? Come on. You gotta be making that up. Are you serious?" He was that charming and a master chameleon.

He's the reason I've read dozens of books on sociopaths and psychopaths. Nowadays, I can smell the crazy from the first few conversations and head off quickly in the opposite direction.

ElegantPearl17

You are correct. I have dated a sociopath before, in college. During the course of the relationship, I saw his crazy twice. It was subtle and then the crazy went back in just as fast. Later on in life, when I told friends that knew us back then about it, they always went, " What? Him? Come on. You gotta be making that up. Are you serious?" He was that charming and a master chameleon.

He's the reason I've read dozens of books on sociopaths and psychopaths. Nowadays, I can smell the crazy from the first few conversations and head off quickly in the opposite direction.

What were the specific signs he had in college?

Theresamonet

The death penalty would have been too good for him. He deserves to live that prison life, watching his back constantly due to the nature of his crimes. I’m sure one of his fellow inmates will take him out much more violently and less humane than the department of corrections would.

msbettyboop

There's even more information out now with the discovery documents including pictures of him and the woman he was cheating with. He began the affair when they were apart for 5 weeks when she was with her parents.

Is it really that easy to fall out of love with someone fast enough to plot how to slaughter them and your kids that wrote a poem called, "Daddy, you're my hero." within 5 weeks. WTF.

Leeda.the.Paladin

The death penalty would have been too good for him. He deserves to live that prison life, watching his back constantly due to the nature of his crimes. I’m sure one of his fellow inmates will take him out much more violently and less humane than the department of corrections would.
But you know he will be in protective custody as highly publicized as this case was. He probably already has groupies who just know he’s innocent or misunderstood who want to marry him. He will write out his memoir
, eat pretty well and maybe get a degree online.

Leeda.the.Paladin

There's even more information out now with the discovery documents including pictures of him and the woman he was cheating with. He began the affair when they were apart for 5 weeks when she was with her parents.

Is it really that easy to fall out of love with someone fast enough to plot how to slaughter them and your kids that wrote a poem called, "Daddy, you're my hero." within 5 weeks. WTF.
He was never really in love with her. Someone who does something like this probably doesn’t have a capacity for loving other people.

Ivonnovi

He was never really in love with her. Someone who does something like this probably doesn’t have a capacity for loving other people.

This!!! The Bolded. His wife was a Tool he used to make children. The proof? In her text when she went off about how he [JUST GOT her pregnant to try for a BOY]. (Read the "chilling texts" mentioned upthread) This nut just tried to Alt-Ctrl-Delete his family to start anew.

This kind of personality is incapable of "love" though they are very good at going through the motions. Instead they are very good at using folks; and when the "folks' no longer serve their purpose, the folks are Discarded.

My ex too was more interested in Fatherhood; and I was too young/dumb to see it back then.

ScorpioBeauty09

Future 'Fatal Vows' episode. :look:

This story is chilling. Taking out the murders, the breakdown of this marriage reminds me of a former classmate that just finalized her divorce from her husband. They have 4 small children and struggled paying bills but weren't in debt like this family. The text messages were too familiar. Only he just left my old classmate and asked for a divorce.

Theresamonet

But you know he will be in protective custody as highly publicized as this case was. He probably already has groupies who just know he’s innocent or misunderstood who want to marry him. He will write out his memoir

Ad seg is not a comfortable vacation away from the general prison population. Inmates in segregation are 9/10 miserable. They don’t have the same freedoms and privileges as gen pop. And they still aren’t 100% safe, because usually everyone in protective custody for a variety of reasons are all together. Meaning, for instance, someone who is cutting ties with his gang will end up in the same PC unit as the child rapist. There are not enough resources to separate everyone by their specific crime. So being in PC is not a guarantee that they’ll remain unscathed the entire time. Inmates are attacked for their crimes or killed in PC all the time. Death row, on the other hand, is usually the most protected place in prison. And over a quarter of death row inmate in the US die of old age/natural causes waiting to be executed. And a good portion of the 75% left over are put to death at an old age, having spent 30-40 years on death row.

Also, I personally don’t feel like death is a true punishment. This life can be torturous. I think he should get to experience the worst of it. Death is probably sweet relief.

Ms. Tarabotti

They are out for him. He was moved to an undisclosed prison for safety.

Being in prison for killing your wife might be acceptable (in jailhouse culture) but he also killed young children. People who commit crimes against children aren't especially liked in prison. With this being a high profile case as well, he is a target for some inmate seeking to make a name for themselves.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
He's visibly frustrated and angry about the bank accounts. He says she won't let him do anything with the accounts, she does it all, she controls it all. Money conflicts are a huge problem in too many marriages.

That friend of the wife, her son and the neighbor all straight up said the husband was a liar and suspected him right away. That police officer was very professional as well. They spotted the inconsistencies immediately. But unfortunately, the wife and children already had been slaughtered.

What I want to know is how do you spot a murdering psychopath BEFORE you marry and have kids with him or her?

Last edited:

Evolving78

He's visibly frustrated and angry about the bank accounts. He says she won't let him do anything with the accounts, she does it all, she controls it all. Money conflicts are a huge problem in too many marriages.

That friend of the wife, her son and the neighbor all straight up said the husband was a liar and suspected him right away. That police officer was very professional as well. They spotted the inconsistencies immediately. But unfortunately, the wife and children already had been slaughtered.

What I want to know is how do you spot a murdering psychopath BEFORE you marry and have kids with him or her?
They show their hands pretty early in the relationship and a lot of minor inappropriate behavior gets shrugged off. They usually create an emotional fog.

Evolving78

Please share! Do have specific examples?
Look up ambient abuse in relationships.
Things are always so urge with them, and they keep the relationship at a high speed pace. They also like to consume a lot of your time and energy. You have to be worn down first before the next level abuse takes place. I call that an emotional fog, but it is what is called Love Bombing. Also, people who are jerks will be jerks no matter what, but because they are so generous with their time, money, and energy, people do not pick up on the cues, or like I said they shrug it off.
His wife seemed like a piece of work too. They seemed like a one in the same type of person. That’s just my opinion.

Last edited:

Ivonnovi

@Chicoro What is confusing is that some of us have been conditioned to identify some Narc traits as "Love" or "Caring"; and example is seeing Control as Love, Snarky jabs as someone just being themselves-but they do it out of Love. When you see the traits, it is Imperative that you resist the urge to re-brand the behavior as something more reasonable.
I myself at 50+ still have a hard time with this.
After all I grew up [subconsciously] doing this to tolerate my parents behavior so until recently I was unaware of how this problem was ...the cause of my almost magnetic attractiveness to Narcs; Hell, I was classic Narc Bait
I had a realllly good video in my arsenal a while back but can't find it right now. I'll update this post when I do. Since you asked about how to identify these traits B4 you're [all in] Search for info on the "Narcisistic Smile or Smirk"....it's very telling.
upload_2018-12-25_14-54-13.jpeg

I have had to learn to look out for the Narc Smile; Especially when it shows up at what to you is inappropriate times (dog, got hit by a car....or the pic of the ref

This lady (below) provides good explanations of what to look for in the Narc Smile/facial expressions. Her depiction of them may not be as clear; but once your radar is set to pick-up on the gestures they are hard to ignore. Most of us know what an arrogant smirk looks like.

Angie here, is very descriptive in how you may react when you 1st notice the traits; (we try to blow them off or )

Last edited:

Leeda.the.Paladin

have had to learn to look out for the Narc Smile; Especially when it shows up at what to you is inappropriate times (dog, got hit by a car....or the pic of the ref This lady provides good explanations of what to look for in the Narc Smile/facial expressions.
Did you watch the interview the husband did with the news station? Chris watts kept smiling or biting his lip like he was gonna smile. That’s crazy

Ivonnovi

Did you watch the interview the husband did with the news station? Chris watts kept smiling or biting his lip like he was gonna smile. That’s crazy

I just watched this one: Two things stand out.
1. His eyes are pretty much dead throughout the interview; his eyes don't look worried, or remorseful; no sign of emotions.
2. He says the he "can't stay in the house" ... "it's not the same".... He plans to stay at a friends house that evening.​

Which took me back to #1; DUDE your family is missing so you're going to leave the house too? Shouldn't your friends come by and stay with you to offer support and help keep a look out should your family return?
IJS

ETA: @Leeda.the.Paladin (post # 92 ) Thanks for the reminder! Also note that the discussion of the Shirt was the only time he felt comfortable enough to unfold his arms (he did not have to give a guarded response to the the shirt question). BUT, as soon as the [very next] questions returned to his family, 'dem arms folded again real quick!

Last edited: