Combing Epiphany!

kbragg

Hello all! Well I've made a recent discovery that has me pretty excited! Probably dull to some lol but good for me. Anyway, I've always had a lot of dryness/breakage at the crown area. The rest of my hair grwos fine but that area was always very rough and dry and it seemed like nothing would moisturize it or make it manageable! Then, as I was combing my hair yesterday, I decided to comb the crown & back of my hair down and towards my face (think of making a middle part) instead of down and back. All I can say is :eek: :eek: :eek: My hair has never been so easy to comb! I'm a good 8 weeks post and have about an inch of newgrowth (I could have 2 like last time but I decided to jump on a bandwagon with Lenzi's instead of staying with Caisha's growth specifics:mad: Nothing against Lenzi's just not for me) and it's never been this easy to comb! So now I know that this must be the direction of my hair growth! So it's eaier to work through. I'm very happy because my crown area was making me consider relaxing again because all of my newgrowth is easy to get through EXCEPT that! Well now it's all easy!

In others news lol, today is hair day and I just bought the Honey Suckle Rose everyone is raving about. I'm in love with the smell and can't wait ti see how it effects my hair!

LynnieB

kbragg said:
Hello all! Well I've made a recent discovery that has me pretty excited! Probably dull to some lol but good for me. Anyway, I've always had a lot of dryness/breakage at the crown area. The rest of my hair grwos fine but that area was always very rough and dry and it seemed like nothing would moisturize it or make it manageable! Then, as I was combing my hair yesterday, I decided to comb the crown & back of my hair down and towards my face (think of making a middle part) instead of down and back. All I can say is :eek: :eek: :eek: My hair has never been so easy to comb! I'm a good 8 weeks post and have about an inch of newgrowth (I could have 2 like last time but I decided to jump on a bandwagon with Lenzi's instead of staying with Caisha's growth specifics:mad: Nothing against Lenzi's just not for me) and it's never been this easy to comb! So now I know that this must be the direction of my hair growth! So it's eaier to work through. I'm very happy because my crown area was making me consider relaxing again because all of my newgrowth is easy to get through EXCEPT that! Well now it's all easy!

In others news lol, today is hair day and I just bought the Honey Suckle Rose everyone is raving about. I'm in love with the smell and can't wait ti see how it effects my hair!

i'm happy for you kbragg!!

nothing but NOTHING can beat the feeling of finally figuring "it" out - whatever that "it" happens to be - "it" IS an epiphany! :)

re: HSR - i love the smell too. i've got my head under a plastic cap right now letting it work it's wonders :)

DragonPearl

kbragg said:
I decided to comb the crown & back of my hair down and towards my face (think of making a middle part) instead of down and back. All I can say is :eek: :eek: :eek: My hair has never been so easy to comb! I'm a good 8 weeks post and have about an inch of newgrowth (I could have 2 like last time but I decided to jump on a bandwagon with Lenzi's instead of staying with Caisha's growth specifics:mad: Nothing against Lenzi's just not for me) and it's never been this easy to comb! So now I know that this must be the direction of my hair growth! So it's eaier to work through. I'm very happy because my crown area was making me consider relaxing again because all of my newgrowth is easy to get through EXCEPT that! Well now it's all easy!
I am glad it worked for you. I think this is like what Robin from Grow Afro Hair Long recommends:
http://www.growafrohairlong.com/combbrush.html

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
Section and comb in this direction to prevent breakage of the top, sides and, hairline

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
Section and comb in this direction to prevent breakage of the top, sides, and hairline.

LynnieB

hehe....there is just no way i could possibly comb the hair at the back of my head like those pictures illustrate, by myself using that method.........ugh, i'm getting pains just trying to imagine it :grin:

sheesh, if folks is gonna grow their hair all long and stuff, someone needs to come up with a more practical method or come up with an automatic-back-of-head combing machine.

;)

side question #1: does anyone with SL, APL or BSL and beyond personally comb their hair like this?

side question #2: If anyone has or can comb their hair like this are you relaxed? i can kinda, sorta imagine it'd be easier going if the hair were relatively straight - but what about naps? surely someone with naps couldn't possibly do this and still have hair left to style or could they? :)

Last edited:

SUPER SWEET

LynnieB said:
side question #1: does anyone with SL, APL or BSL and beyond personally comb their hair like this?

side question #2: If anyone has or can comb their hair like this are you relaxed? i can kinda, sorta imagine it'd be easier going if the hair were relatively straight - but what about naps? surely someone with naps couldn't possibly done this and still have hair left to style or could they? :)
I comb my hair like the illustration without even thinking about it....the sides are easier to comb that way once you get about 8 inches of hair. My crown is not an issue like it used to be with brakage either.

DragonPearl

LynnieB said:
side question #2: If anyone has or can comb their hair like this are you relaxed? i can kinda, sorta imagine it'd be easier going if the hair were relatively straight - but what about naps? surely someone with naps couldn't possibly do this and still have hair left to style or could they? :)

Haha!! :lol: The only time I comb my hair like this is when I detangle and my hair is loaded with conditioner, at hair washing time. It's usually the only time I comb my hair anyway. :)