Coming Clean with God

ClassicChic

(Sharing another email)

Coming Clean with God

'When I kept silent about my sin...Your hand was heavy upon me...' Psalm 32:3-4

A therapist who graduated 34 years earlier called the University of Oregon and admitted she'd cheated on a final exam. Instead of revoking her degree the University asked her to write an article on integrity. A woman who completed a walk around the world confessed she traveled part-way in a support truck. 'I shouldn't be remembered as the first woman to walk round the world when I cheated,' she said.

How many of us would even have admitted our deception? The Psalmist said, 'When I kept silent about my sin...Your hand was heavy upon me.'

Confessing your sins.......

a) lets you experience God's forgiveness: He already knows about them anyway, but He won't forgive you while you're busy making excuses and blame-shifting. John says, '...If we confess...he will forgive our sins...' (1 John 1:9 NCV). The first move is up to you.

b) restores your emotional and physical energy: Nothing's more draining than denial and nothing's more invigorating than a clean slate.
David said, '...My strength...failed because of my iniquity...' (Psalm 31:10 NAS). Reflecting on his affair with Bathsheba, he said, 'When I kept silent... my vitality was drained...I acknowledged my sin...and You forgave the guilt...' (Psalm 32:3-5 NAS)

c) allows you to move on: Confession allows you to hit the 'reset' button and start again. It's also important to draw a line between the past and the future in case you're tempted to repeat your behaviour.

d) lets you grow: Thomas Edison said failure taught him over a thousand ways not to make a light bulb! Making your mistakes work for you instead of against you, starts with confessing them to God and accepting His forgiveness.

Nice & Wavy

This is really good, thank you!

(Sharing another email)

Coming Clean with God

'When I kept silent about my sin...Your hand was heavy upon me...' Psalm 32:3-4

A therapist who graduated 34 years earlier called the University of Oregon and admitted she'd cheated on a final exam. Instead of revoking her degree the University asked her to write an article on integrity. A woman who completed a walk around the world confessed she traveled part-way in a support truck. 'I shouldn't be remembered as the first woman to walk round the world when I cheated,' she said.

How many of us would even have admitted our deception? The Psalmist said, 'When I kept silent about my sin...Your hand was heavy upon me.'

Confessing your sins.......

a) lets you experience God's forgiveness: He already knows about them anyway, but He won't forgive you while you're busy making excuses and blame-shifting. John says, '...If we confess...he will forgive our sins...' (1 John 1:9 NCV). The first move is up to you.

b) restores your emotional and physical energy: Nothing's more draining than denial and nothing's more invigorating than a clean slate.
David said, '...My strength...failed because of my iniquity...' (Psalm 31:10 NAS). Reflecting on his affair with Bathsheba, he said, 'When I kept silent... my vitality was drained...I acknowledged my sin...and You forgave the guilt...' (Psalm 32:3-5 NAS)

c) allows you to move on: Confession allows you to hit the 'reset' button and start again. It's also important to draw a line between the past and the future in case you're tempted to repeat your behaviour.

d) lets you grow: Thomas Edison said failure taught him over a thousand ways not to make a light bulb! Making your mistakes work for you instead of against you, starts with confessing them to God and accepting His forgiveness.