Comparable Viviscal Vitamins

Perfexion

I usually just wait until they go on sale at Walgreens but if there is an actual product that works the same then I'd like to know too. Subbing!

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Okay, ladies Viviscal's main ingredient is Marine Protein, so here's some alternatives:
Youtheory Marine Collagen Enhanced Formula
Swanson New Zealand Green Lipped Mussel, Freeze Dried

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-329006/Can-shark-pills-reverse-misery-hair-loss.html

Swanson Shark Cartilage

ETA: Vivscal study doesn't state how many ladies were in the study only their age range. Also, no black ladies were included.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3509882/

Have any of you had success with Vivscal?

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Okay ladies, I ordered a six-month supply of two (2)supplements that combined together will give me a less expensive hybrid version of Viviscal Extra Strength and Viviscal Professional. :drunk:

New Nordic Hair Gro has these key Viviscal ingredients:
-Apple Extract Powder (Professional)
-Millet Seed Extract (Extra Strength)
-L Methionine (Professional)
-Biotin (Both)
-Horsetail (Extra Strength)
- EnvolMax/Tocotrienol Complex (Nutrafol)
-Zinc (Extra Strength & Nutrafol)

$41.82 for three (3) boxes on Ebay.

Pureclinica Double Strength HSN has these key Viviscal Ingredients:
-Marine Collagen* (Both)
-Arceola Cherry/Vitamin C (Both)
-Horsetail (Extra Strength)
-L-Lysine (Nutrafol)
-Resveratol (Nutrafol)

$34.59 w/10% off coupon and shipping on Pureclinica site. One bottle is a six-month supply.

So, that's $76.41 for a six-month supply of my Viviscal Hybrid formula.:)

We'll see how it works out. It's a good time for me to try out the efficacy of this, because we're moving into the part of the year that my hair doesn't grow as fast. I'm committed to taking this hybrid cocktail for six months.

I'll continue to take my Swanson's Bamboo Extract 300 mg daily. In addition, to my multi vitamin etc.

I considered ordering shark cartilage, oyster extract, and apple powder extract from Swanson's, but decided that woud be too many pills to take, in addition to the Hair Gro.

*Please note that both products have more ingredients, but I'm only highlighting the ones that are featured in Viviscal Extra Strength, Professional, and Nutrafol.

** I was going to post the visual of the ingredient box images from the interwebs, but I can't figure out how to post images on the forum anymore from my "Speak & Spell." I'm not sure if its me or the forum :look:

Last edited: