CON- Green label lovers who have found a dupe/comparable shampoo, please enter...

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Hey ladies! So I've run out of my beloved poo as of yesterday when I washed my hair. I have to go out today and I am going to be picking up another shampoo. I need recommendations of a CON- green label dupe. I like how it leaves my hair moist and not feeling stripped. I use Aphogee poo for Damaged hair and use a few other things from that line, so I need recommendations from other brands because they don't have really moisturizing poos (I'm also open to online brands too). TIA :drunk:

choctaw

mzsophisticated26

I switched to Elasta QP creme conditioning poo, its the closest thing to my beloved CON green label. I was so upset when I ran out last year so I settled on elasta qp. It rinses out soft and does not strip the hair, I also like their neutralizing stop action poo for clarifying and relaxer rinse out.

AlliCat

^ I second the Elasta QP creme conditioning shampoo. It's okay but I'm still looking as well. I've read good things about Keracare Hydrating detangling shampoo

sj10460

Don't Come for me unless I send for you!
I also use Elasta QP creme conditioning shampoo, but I don't like it. My hair feels dry afterwards. I recently brought Aubrey Organics, Honeysuckle Rose moisturizing shampoo, it's okay. I really like the smell but nothing compares to our beloved CON

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I haven't found anything. I still have my stash. I have been preparing my self though. I find that co-washing has helped me stretch my stash.

NIN4eva

Roux Porosity Control shampoo reminded me of the original CON in consistency. It doesn't leave quite the same heavy moisture coating on the hair that CON leaves though. But it's pretty darn close.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I still have some, my last bottle which is a 32 oz one. I am going to try the Elasta QP first then the KC Detangling and see how I like those. Those are the top 2 that I have heard that compare the best.....

levone

To be honest, I actually just picked up the new CON in the orange bottle (I finally ran out of my last large bottle of the green), Ultra Moisturizing shampoo and I think I like it even better than the old suprisingly. It's VERY moisturizing but I don't get the buildup quickly like I did with the other. I've used it three weeks in a row now just so I could be more consistent with my routine and I really like it.

If you're dead set against using using sulfates, I love the Bee Mine Peppermint Shampoo. It's definitely comparable but more of a 'natural' product.

Barbara

Princess
If you're in Los Angeles, there's still plenty of the original bottles here (different formulas), but only in the Asian beauty supply stores in South Los Angeles. Most Sally's stop carrying them last year.

I decided to start stocking up on it almost 3 years ago when I heard it was going to be discontinued. :blush: My stylist prefers CON over any other shampoo I bring in for my hair. Sally's always had a sale every other month on the 32 ounce bottles @ $5 each. :yep:

Maybe you can order the original CON online from Texas Beauty.

I've tried Elasta QP cream conditioning shampoo, and it's fabulous. I highly recommend it. :superbanana:

Last edited: