Conair Detangling Comb

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I purchased the conair detangling comb sometime ago and tried it and thought -- um, this comb is yanking out my hair so I quickly tossed it to the side. I've been on a no-comb reg for a while (detangling by finger combing and smoothing the strands with my hands) but it's way time consuming although I don't lose any strands to breakage. Tonight after washing my hair, I was lazy and not in the mood for finger combing and decided to test out the conair comb again...and there again, I lost strands unnecessarily to breakage. Tonight I finally noticed the package reads "for thick, curly hair" which might be the problem. Reading is fundamental :rolleyes:

Any relaxed and/or straight hair ladies using this comb with great success? If so, what's the secret?

Thx!

Last edited:

SweetSpirit86

I bought that comb a long time ago while relaxed as well. It did exactly what it did with yours. It yanked hair out...though I didn't catch the curly thing at all.

$inna-$pice

I purchased the conair detangling comb sometime ago and tried it and thought -- um, this comb is yanking out my hair so I quickly tossed it to the side. I've been on a no-comb reg for a while (detangling by finger combing and smoothing the strands with my hands) but it's way time consuming although I don't lose any strands to breakage. Tonight after washing my hair, I was lazy and not in the mood for finger combing and decided to test out the conair comb again...and there again, I lost strands unnecessarily to breakage. Tonight I finally noticed the package reads "for thick, curly" hair which might be the problem. Reading is fundamental :rolleyes:

Any relaxed and/or straight hair ladies using this comb with great success? If so, what's the secret?

Thx!

Try the Goody Ouchless Shower comb. I used it yesterday and it's pretty good at detangling wet or dry hair. Also try to get a comb without the little balls on the end because they can snag on the hair.

aymone

I can definitely recommend the combs from HAIRSENSE.COM they are bone combs I believe. Now the combs are pricey but well worth it if you ask me. I was looking for a great detangling comb when I saw a post on here. I ordered 2 and I have no REGRETS. i'M 3 months post and they are amazing. So if at all possible invest in at least one comb. You will not regret it.

JuiceMobsta

I have that comb in blue, I dont recall it yanking out my hair but I havent used it in a long time...:scratchch

Mzz Mac

I'm relaxed and I have that comb along with other combs that I use in different stages.
I use the conair comb up to the first month (give or take) until my new growth kicks in. When it starts to snag my hair or yank, I move to another comb.

Vashti

I just bought the Conair detangling comb this month. Mine is purple. As long as my hair is wet and full of conditioner or full of moisturizer it works pretty good. Still like my Mebco comb better though.