Conair Ion Blow Dryer Review

MuseofTroy

About a month ago I purchased the Conair Ion Blow Dryer. I must say that I love it. I'm not a huge advocate of blowdryers since they tend to dry the hair out. However, this particular blow dryer has been left my hair thick, silky, soft and moisterized
. After I wash and deep condition my hair (using LeKair or Nature's Therapy under a heating cap for half an hour). I then rinsed and sprayed some leave in conditioner mixed with a little bit of kemi oyl nature hair oil. I set the blow dryer on warm and just focused on my roots. My stylist told me to just concentrate on the roots since the ends tend to dry out. I followed his advice and the rest of my hair dried in half of the time without any breakage. I'm so happy. I think part of the reason why my hair feels so great is because the ion dryer supposely seals in moister and protects the hair cuticle. I highly recommend the Conair Ion blow dryer to any of the ladies who can't deal with the wet hair style. (I tried it for awhile and my hair took a whole day to dry!)
Has anyone else tried ion dryers?

Victorian

old head
My mother has an ion dryer as well as a brush (from The Sharper Image). There really is a marked difference in the hair after using it for awhile. I really like the brush. Makes my hair silky
I'm still trying to stay away from blow dryers--I promised myself I wouldn't use a blow dryer or curling iron for at least the rest of the summer, even longer if I can handle it. But back when heat was my best friend, I did like that dryer

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I'm glad you posted this. I have the Pantene/Panasonic ION dryer and I don't really care for it. It doesn't seem to be any diff. than my other regular blow-dryer.

Ladies who are asking about a comb-attachment--I know a way to get the hair smooth without a comb attachment. This is it pretty much:

1) Blow dry the hair in sections (I do 4, one on each side and two in the back)

2) On each section, blow dry each section until partially-dry by just moving the dryer up and down the section.

3) Continue blow-drying up and down the section but using a wide tooth comb(other hand) and gently combing the section while drying.

4) When almost dry, replace the comg with a paddle brush to straighten out the roots while still blow-drying.

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad you posted this. I have the Pantene/Panasonic ION dryer and I don't really care for it. It doesn't seem to be any diff. than my other regular blow-dryer.

Ladies who are asking about a comb-attachment--I know a way to get the hair smooth without a comb attachment. This is it pretty much:

1) Blow dry the hair in sections (I do 4, one on each side and two in the back)

2) On each section, blow dry each section until partially-dry by just moving the dryer up and down the section.

3) Continue blow-drying up and down the section but using a wide tooth comb(other hand) and gently combing the section while drying.

4) When almost dry, replace the comg with a paddle brush to straighten out the roots while still blow-drying.

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl I am so uncoordinated...I've tried to use the comb in one hand and thwe dryer in the other so many times...I gave up. I know practice makes perfect...but I loose my patience!

MissB

I have Hot Tools dryer without the digital feature. It works very well. My hair dries in less time.

MuseofTroy

The one I have doesn't have a comb attachment:(. But I do believe there are ion dryers with one. I never really liked the comb attachments b/c my hair it so thick it was ineffective. I use a round boar's hair brush and it works great.

pebbles

I've seen these blow dryers at Sally's but I never thought of getting one. With the July challenge almost over, I'm definately going to pick one up.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Muse,

Could you tell us exactly which model you have? And if it's possible, would you post a pic? Thanks dear!

TwistNMx

[ QUOTE ]
About a month ago I purchased the Conair Ion Blow Dryer. I must say that I love it. I'm not a huge advocate of blowdryers since they tend to dry the hair out. However, this particular blow dryer has been left my hair thick, silky, soft and moisterized

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
I love this dryer.

Ladies who want the comb attachment should visit this link.
http://www.ballbeauty.com/ionic_hair_dryers.htm
I have one just like the one on the bottom of the page. I must say that for the past month I've been very...and I do mean "very" satisfied. I ordered it over the phone because I did not want to go into the city. Anyway, my hair is very moist after using it. Glad I decided to give it a try

Hi Adrienne. Glad to see you and your long hair again.

karezone

Walmart has a Vidal Sassoon Ion dryer for 18.88. The head is small enough so that if you go to Sally's the attachment they sell for like $5 will most likely fit.

S

Stylepink

I try to stay away from heat, but this does sound good. Is there a cool setting?

TwistNMx

[ QUOTE ]
I try to stay away from heat, but this does sound good. Is there a cool setting?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, there's a cool setting on the dryer I purchased. There's three settings. Also, it gives you a choice of Ion or Regular Drying. Ion locks moisture in the hair - whereas the Regular drying does just that.
Also, the link I gave is where I purchased it via credit card. The shipment is great. They were out of stock when I ordered and I still got mine within 1 week. They also sent me an email to track my package, so if you or anyone's interested, you should provide your email address.
Good luck