Concern/Question about Church's attitude toward Homosexuality

Southernbella.

Bublnbrnsuga said:
There are churches that rally and march on this issue, and others. They also hold conferences,too- is that enough?

That unmarried woman provided an innocent person life- what's the harm in that? Maybe she asked God to forgive her actions a long time ago, but since the sin is seen, the church should give her the cold shoulder? I don't think so. Just because others are celebrating her Christening doesn't mean they are condoning her actions that got the baby.

Have you been to all of the churches? Can you say churches aren't passionate about other issues in addition to homosexuality? I have visited churches that have 'sexual healing' conferences and they hit on all issues related to sex and as well I have been to others who preach love, love, tolerance, tolerance, don't offend, don't offend, ignore,ignore....etc.

Peebles, once again, you hit the nail on the head!

I don't have a problem recognizing that someone gave another an innocent life, and I'm not saying the church should give her the cold shoulder.. I'm simply making the point that premarital sex is accepted in many churches, whether the pastor says it with his mouth or not. Actions speak louder than words. If it wasn't accepted, then unmarried people with children would be treated the same way homosexuals are treated. There is a double standard, plain and simple.

And obviously, I haven't been to ALL the churches. Then again, neither has anyone in this thread. I'm not speaking about the churches who do the right thing. I'm speaking about churches like the one referenced in the OP, as well as all the churches who focus on the "homosexual agenda" to the exclusion of other important issues.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

lauren450 said:
I don't have a problem recognizing that someone gave another an innocent life, and I'm not saying the church should give her the cold shoulder.. I'm simply making the point that premarital sex is accepted in many churches, whether the pastor says it with his mouth or not. Actions speak louder than words. If it wasn't accepted, then unmarried people with children would be treated the same way homosexuals are treated. There is a double standard, plain and simple.

And obviously, I haven't been to ALL the churches. Then again, neither has anyone in this thread. I'm not speaking about the churches who do the right thing. I'm speaking about churches like the one referenced in the OP, as well as all the churches who focus on the "homosexual agenda" to the exclusion of other important issues.

I don't agree that premarital sex is accepted in the church. The pastor could minister about this issue until the walls come down, but guess what? People have their own agendas and will do what they want and because they are doing just that doesn't mean the church is fine with it.

How about this? Let's stop making generalizations about the 'church.' Instead of focusing on where some churches miss the mark (according to you), let's focus on those who are doing what is humanely possible to live according to God's word. It's so easy to pick out who's wrong that we forget that there are several churches who are about their business.

As far as the OP experience, that pastor is silly, (and may have a mental disorder) but without a beat , he's used as an example of the hatred amongst homosexuals in the church and this tends to trickle down to other churches. This should not be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Southernbella.

Bublnbrnsuga said:
I don't agree that premarital sex is accepted in the church. The pastor could minister about this issue until the walls come down, but guess what? People have their own agendas and will do what they want and because they are doing just that doesn't mean the church is fine with it.

How about this? Let's stop making generalizations about the 'church.' Instead of focusing on where some churches miss the mark (according to you), let's focus on those who are doing what is humanely possible to live according to God's word. It's so easy to pick out who's wrong that we forget that there are several churches who are about their business.

As far as the OP experience, that pastor is silly, (and may have a mental disorder) but without a beat , he's used as an example of the hatred amongst homosexuals in the church and this tends to trickle down to other churches. This should not be.

By the same token, why don't we as Christians stop focusing on the people who live different lives than we think they should, and focus on getting our own houses in order. You know, specks and planks and all that.:)

B

Bublnbrnsuga

lauren450 said:
By the same token, why don't we as Christians stop focusing on the people who live different lives than we think they should, and focus on getting our own houses in order. You know, specks and planks and all that.:)

Hmmmm, according to your statement, we should be silent about a lot of things then. Let's not discuss how the rapist, murderer, molestor, liar, cheater, etc are wrong since we all have issues in our lives that need some order.

BTW, that scripture doesn't mean we should be silent about issues that are contrary to the Word of God, just because we have other issues. Apply it when you are in the same sin but have the nerve to call out someone else.
The key about addressing sin is to do it in love and in order :)

Southernbella.

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Hmmmm, according to your statement, we should be silent about a lot of things then. Let's not discuss how the rapist, murderer, molestor, liar, cheater, etc are wrong since we all have issues in our lives that need some order.

BTW, that scripture doesn't mean we should be silent about issues that are contrary to the Word of God, just because we have other issues. Apply it when you are in the same sin but have the nerve to call out someone else.

I was being sarcastic. :cool:

Anyway, I agree to disagree. I can't change your mind, and you can't change mine.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

lauren450 said:
I was being sarcastic. :cool:

I know that you were being smart alecky, but I wasn't. I was being serious.

Moving on....

pebbles

Bublnbrnsuga said:

We know that in today's world, the order is to be politically correct, so sin cannot be identified as sin. If you say it's wrong, you're wrong.

You know what I love about the word of God? There's nothing happening that Jesus didn't tell us would happen. Fortunately, there are those who will stand boldly and call the truth what it is.

I am telling you, Christians have an obligation to speak what the word says, no matter how many people stand in opposition. That pastor in the original post is upset, but he didn't convey the love of Christ in his words. Such a shame, because that is precisely the sort of thing the world uses to judge all of us by. But we'll continue to press onwards, by the grace of God. If we perish for speaking the truth, then we perish...:)

OT: Bubble, you know how the bible talks about our resurrection bodies? Well, I've been asking God that in my resurrection body, I'd like to be 5'10", be a size 6, and have hair like Bublnbrnsuga!! LOL!! :lachen: I really did!! :lol:

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that I'll get my wish. :( Most bible scholars have said that the evidence suggests that we will retain much of our original characteristics in the eternal, but a sister can keep praying, can't she? :look: :lol:

B

Bublnbrnsuga

lauren450 said:
That's good to know. I just thought it went over your head.

Well, no actually I am pretty sharp young lady. I am able discern a lot of things, even on the internet!

B

Bublnbrnsuga

pebbles said:
I am telling you, Christians have an obligation to speak what the word says, no matter how many people stand in opposition. That pastor in the original post is upset, but he didn't convey the love of Christ in his words. Such a shame, because that is precisely the sort of thing the world uses to judge all of us by. But we'll continue to press onwards, by the grace of God. If we perish for speaking the truth, then we perish...:)

Exactly!!

pebbles said:
OT: Bubble, you know how the bible talks about our resurrection bodies? Well, I've been asking God that in my resurrection body, I'd like to be 5'10", be a size 6, and have hair like Bublnbrnsuga!! LOL!! :lachen: I really did!! :lol:

:lol: Girl you are crazy for real! :lachen:

pebbles

:lol: Well!! I can't help it! That picture in your avatar is off the chain!! I may not have that hair in this life, but I'm praying for God to bless me with it in the next! :D

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I love all of Yalll.... :yep:

Pebs, whose softness and beauty and smoothness of heart and soul reaches across all boundaries, breaking the enemy's control.

Bubln, who stand on the mark and wears beauty inside and out.

Lauren, who gives life to our prayers; keeping us aware that we cannot be lax in standing our ground. This is a compliment.

Star, whose light and steadfastness flows with the Holy Ghost in each hour of prayer. Like Esther, her calls for a fast are never in vain...always on time.

dlewis - "Lady D', our standing pillar who knows grace without a frown.

Victorious, Ms. Lala, Kuluric, Bunny77, your compassion is without disguise.

Coco...Sweet Coco, obedient to the Spirit of God in every thread and every post. Whose heart holds the precious water of life, always ready to pour into the hearts of those dying of thirst for deliverance.

I'm pointing this out for a reason. What happen in this thread is exactly what's happening in the spirit realm. There is a battle against us in the church and a strong one. The enemy does not want us to 'agree' for he knows the word of God regarding agreement, 'How can two walk together unless they be agreed?"

Look at the course of events here...

1. The assignment for our prayer and fasting this week was for deliverance from homosexuality.

Followed by,

2. Cocoberry had a heartbreaking experience in church which broached this subject. This grieved her heart so that she came here and posted this thread...

Followed by,

The Lord giving us an example of what's going on in the spiritual realm with this issue, for it is a spirit of tough resistance that does not want to let go. And because it is tied to the sensual realm of the flesh, it's attachment is all the more resistant to let go of its victims.

All that occurred in this thread is in no means by accident. It was needed as it is a wake-up call to alert us that satan does not like our prayers. satan did not want this fasting and prayer to take place, today or any day. He fears us because he knows the power of us and our prayers. he knows the impact that we have upon his strongholds.

And this thread is proof and an inside view that God has given us of what went on in the realm of the spirit since Star posted the call for this prayer. Hell is mad as hell. he also knows the effectiveness of division and oppostion. If he can keep us in derision, he can keep us from praying.

Oh, but he's such a fool. For what he doesn't realize is that we have something more powerful here. We all still love each other. All of us! And there isn't a thing that he can do to stop that. Come hell or high water, if anyone of us needs each other for support, we're going to be there. No matter what we disagree upon theory or social, we all have the power of our love for each other.

Frankly, I don't know what's worse, homosexuality or President Bush? Hey, I voted for the man and I have friends who are homosexual, that I love dearly :look: Pray for me... :lol:

Homosexuality has to be dealt with; we cannot leave this critical issue. We need to continue to pray and talk about it. We have to communicate our feelings until God can make it right. Hell cannot back us down.

So knowing this is not the last time that this subject will be discussed and prayed about, let's take a love time moment... a shoutout of love to each other and then on with the program of kicking the devil's butt. Will we disagree? I'm sure of it, but we will still love each other. :yep:

Angels, I love you....yes I do. Each one of you... I love you. :kiss:

Who says it next? ;)

pebbles

Beautiful post, Shimmie! Thank-you for the encouraging comments to all of us!
I love all those here, whether we're in agreement or not. Yes, the enemy hates that, doesn't he? He doesn't get any victory here. Not from any of us. :)

Shimmie

Staff member
pebbles said:
Beautiful post, Shimmie! Thank-you for the encouraging comments to all of us!
I love all those here, whether we're in agreement or not. Yes, the enemy hates that, doesn't he? He doesn't get any victory here. Not from any of us. :)

Pebs, I love your 'location' (in your siggy) ...'in Bible Study Class.'

I need to apply for your courses. You have a wonderful way of changing water into wine. You have a calming effect upon high waters.

Selah... ;)

Shimmie

Staff member
BlkManWithSomeSense said:
Wow. Riveting post. I dont know if I could add much more to what's been said but I do want to thank everyone for their opinions.
Hey BlkMan...this thread is some work... :yep: Did you have to make a sandwich and pull up a chair to digest all of this? :lol:

Anyway, it's always a joy to have you here. Love and blessings to you, angel... ;)

PaperClip

I noticed the following article today from http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur29534.cfm and after browsing this thread, I see this issue coming down to one question: can one be both a Christian and be a homosexual?

RJ HELTON’S 'OOPS I’M GAY' MOMENT: Ex-American Idol unintentionally comes out in interview, but feels good that he did

Celebrities admit that they are gay like clockwork nowadays—unless they are gospel celebs. As quiet as it is kept, homosexuality is known to run rampant in gospel industry circles. But God-fearing gays just aren’t prone to voluntarily expose their sexual orientation. So when ex-American Idol RJ Helton revealed his dirty little secret in a SIRIUS Satellite Radio interview, it landed in the USA Today Idol Chatter blog.

RJ, 25 was one of the leading voices on season one of American Idol where he was among the top 5 contestants. His talent earned him a recording contract with Gospocentric Records in 2004 and his successful inspirational CD “Real Life” followed. But, due to a personal conflict he has since left inspirational music behind.

“OutQ in the Morning" host Larry Flick asked Helton why he no longer performed inspirational music. Helton replied, “I can have a faith but can’t be who I want to be. So a lot of it was just personal things I needed to overcome and just be proud of who I was.”

And then, as if he’d said it a thousand times, out pours the point blank revelation: “Just because I am gay does not mean I can’t love God.”

Afraid of being judged, the majority Christian gays will remain anonymous or search for a church where being openly gay won’t be shunned. Many of them are in music ministry and won’t go public with their preferences because they face rejection in addition to the possible loss of employment. Helton is relieved that he is no longer bound by indecision.

In the interview Helton said, “Today, this morning, three seconds ago, I’ve never even said that. It feels good. I’m just really comfortable with who I am now.”

It’s hard to resist wondering if the name of the show, “OutQ” prompted his announcement.