Condition before neutralizing....huh??????

LuLu

Heya girls

So I finally found the mizani lye I wanted , but I was reading the instructions and there are two options, conditioning before the neutralizing shampoo, and after....anyone condition before neutralizing? How is this done??? I would think it would burn...wouldn't it???

AngelaP

My hairdresser conditions before he neutralizes....He uses Affirm on my hair. I've never experienced any burning at all.

LuLu

So you put the conditioner over all the hair? OR just the ends that you are not relaxing??

Have you noticed any difference doing this?
Thanks

Karonica

I've had this done twice. My last relaxer was the second time, actually.
It didn't burn at all, actually, the cold conditioner hitting my sore scalp was soothing.
After she rinsed it out, she neutralized and conditioned again.

AngelaP

[ QUOTE ]
LuLu said:
So you put the conditioner over all the hair? OR just the ends that you are not relaxing??

Have you noticed any difference doing this?
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

He puts it all over the hair. The first time he did it I questioned him cuz I was about to go off. I thought he was doing a regular conditioning and forgot to neutralize!

I haven't noticed a positive difference that I would attribute to this but I haven't noticed anything negative either.

LuLu

Ohhhhh...I just reread the instructions, you rinse..then condition...then neutralize, I thought they meant leave the relaxer in and add conditioner...... :

DigitalRain

[ QUOTE ]
LuLu said:
One more question
Is there no activator with lye relaxers??

Forgive me I'm new to this...

[/ QUOTE ]

None.