conditioner problems?

lwilliams1922

I have run into problems recently. I have been using the ceramic flat iron (Chi I believe) for over 2 years on my relaxed 4a/b hair. I get relaxed in the salon every 6 weeks and was doing conditioner washes every 3 to 4 days then I would comb straight and sit under the dryer before using biosilk to flat iron. This worked well for me for over 2 years.

In the last 6 months however I noticed a quick change. My hair started breaking and thinning both from the roots or any where in between.

During my investigation I started deep conditioning more often to improve the condition with no benefits. Then I started to look at the biosilk. I was thinking the formula was changed because I began to notice the smell of alcohol with the new bottles I was purchasing. I even purchased from several different authorized sellers to make sure I was not getting duped. Then I started researching the label ingredients on the internet and found that it contained alcohol SD 40 (I believe but I don't have the bottle here at work with me). So I began a massive campaign to find and try as many other heat protectants as I could. I spent a lot of money but I did not find out that stood out and slowed down my breakage.

Then just the other day I though of something else. Around 6 months ago I also changed the conditioner for my conditioner washes. I was using a mild form of suave. I remember that I could no longer find the exact type I was using so I started using the biosilk conditioner to do the conditioner washes around that time. So when I think more about it I that is around the time when I started having problems getting all the conditioner out of my hair. After rubbing my scalp and rinsing for 10-15 minutes it would look like I got it all out but as I dried my hair I was always find more.
Could this be the culprit to my weakening hair?? Could the excess conditioner be causing my hair to break? I've never been one to have dandruff or anything so I am certain it is the conditioner.

Do you have any thoughts or suggestions on this?

thanks!
[email protected]

amy1234

just my input: maybe you need to clarify , or perhaps the protein conditioner you use is too strong for you?

buffalosoldier

Maybe stop doing the conditioner washes..just wash and deep condition once a week or every 5 days. It would be less manipulation on your hair.

I also really like the biosilk. My new bottle stinks of alcohol as well-not like the last one I had. But it is a good product esp for blowdrying and flat ironing!

lwilliams1922

I'm using the deep conditoner from Kathy Howse about once a month and I have tried several others with no change to my hair's condition.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
Maybe you should stop using Biosilk for conditioner washes. Since it tends to dry your hair out, stop using it. Try to find an alternative to it.

lwilliams1922

Do you know I even contacted Biosilk to ask them if their formula changed. It's pretty pricey but I WAS happy with it. The girl I spoke to was like 'Yes we have had people contact us recently with similar questions' She said I should shake the bottle well before I use it and that should get rid of the alcohol smell. Well I tried it and it there was no change so now I have about 4 bottles just taking up space in my bathroom now.