Conditioner that works like CON poo in green bottle???

kbragg

Yes, I am in love the with CON poo. Here's my problem. I wish I could just leave me hair without conditioning because after I DC with heat it becomes tangly again.:( Does anyone know of a conditioner/DC that works like the CON poo?

bajanplums1

I had the same question the first time I used it. The only time I had similar results was when I added honey to my conditioner. Then again, the poo has honey in it.

LocksOfLuV

I have this same problem. It's like this shampoo is too much for my hair and when I add conditioner it just messes it all up.

A lot of people says Softsheen Carson's BreakThru Shampoo works the same. Haven't tried it yet.

But for me Keracare Hydrating Shampoo is my holy grail. I add a little bit of humecto and oil to makes it even better. But it IS good alone, and it cleases well.

atlien11

Aubrey Organics in Honeysuckly Rose is amazing. Im not really a product Pusha but for this product, i tell everybody. Its really thick and buttery and smells like light rose/jojoba scent. I put this on my hair (especially after taking braids out...tangled mess :perplexed) and let it sit while i shower. I comb through with a bone comb and it is a miracle worker.

I was an avid CON poo user (i still keep a stash under the sink) but i couldnt stand the film it left. And washing with 2 shampoos was just annoying :ohwell:

HoneyDew

LocksOfLuV said:
I have this same problem. It's like this shampoo is too much for my hair and when I add conditioner it just messes it all up.

A lot of people says Softsheen Carson's BreakThru Shampoo works the same. Haven't tried it yet.

But for me Keracare Hydrating Shampoo is my holy grail. I add a little bit of humecto and oil to makes it even better. But it IS good alone, and it cleases well.

I have been using that and I MUST clarify 1st. It does not leave the film that CON leaves for me, though. After using the Breakthru, I use MNT regular conditioner as a rinse out and I still have great slip.

On Deep condition days I just use another shampoo (I like Porosity control shampoo) because the Breakthru does not seem to work as well on deep condition days. My hair does not get tangly, but is seems to have TOO MUCH slip.

Caramela said:
I experienced the same thing... I just don't condition when I use CON.

same here. I don't use CON that much any more, but if I do I just use it alone.

LocksOfLuV

HoneyDew said:
I have been using that and I MUST clarify 1st. It does not leave the film that CON leaves for me, though. After using the Breakthru, I use MNT regular conditioner as a rinse out and I still have great slip.

On Deep condition days I just use another shampoo (I like Porosity control shampoo) because the Breakthru does not seem to work as well on deep condition days. My hair does not get tangly, but is seems to have TOO MUCH slip.

same here. I don't use CON that much any more, but if I do I just use it alone.

Too much slip from the porosity control or from the Breathru, cuz I needs some of that?

Mizani_Mrs

I've been guilty of prepooing with conditioner overnite, pooing with CON and then skipping conditioning my hair. (because i already conditioned overnite). I'll just add a leave in. I dont do it often because i feel guilty for not conditioning. :look:

HoneyDew

LocksOfLuV said:
Too much slip from the porosity control or from the Breathru, cuz I needs some of that?

Both give slip, but the the Porosity Control gives more softness w/o feeling to slippery. The Breakthru is PURE slippage.

I just switch them up.

gymfreak336

atlien11[B said:
]Aubrey Organics in Honeysuckly Rose is amazing. Im not really a product Pusha but for this product, i tell everybody. Its really thick and buttery and smells like light rose/jojoba scent. I put this on my hair (especially after taking braids out...tangled mess :perplexed) and let it sit while i shower. I comb through with a bone comb and it is a miracle worker[/B].

I was an avid CON poo user (i still keep a stash under the sink) but i couldnt stand the film it left. And washing with 2 shampoos was just annoying :ohwell:

Cosigning This stuff is amazing. I am offically on the aubrey wagon right now and I plan on riding it out for the rest of the year. The honeysuckle and rose smells amazing and gives you the best softness and shine. It also melts away the tangles. Love it!!!

LocksOfLuV

HoneyDew said:
Both give slip, but the the Porosity Control gives more softness w/o feeling to slippery. The Breakthru is PURE slippage.

I just switch them up.

Thanks! I will be buying the Breakthru until I can afford my humecto!:D

HoneyDew

LocksOfLuV said:
Thanks! I will be buying the Breakthru until I can afford my humecto!:D

Don't forget to let us know about it in the Hit or Miss thread!

gymfreak336 said:
Cosigning This stuff is amazing. I am offically on the aubrey wagon right now and I plan on riding it out for the rest of the year. The honeysuckle and rose smells amazing and gives you the best softness and shine. It also melts away the tangles. Love it!!!

:sekret: I just MUST try this conditioner!!!

LovelyLionessa

atlien11 said:
Aubrey Organics in Honeysuckly Rose is amazing. Im not really a product Pusha but for this product, i tell everybody. Its really thick and buttery and smells like light rose/jojoba scent. I put this on my hair (especially after taking braids out...tangled mess :perplexed) and let it sit while i shower. I comb through with a bone comb and it is a miracle worker.

This post is making me positively weak in the knees just reading it! :love: I love Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner (plus I just got my bone combs I ordered, so I'm looking forward to this same post wash comb out experience you've described.) :yep:

Another great tangle buster conditioner is the Aubrey's White Camellia conditioner.

cmw45

Umkay...what does Slip mean? I've figured out that from the way that it's used that it means like how it feels after the conditioner/product is rinsed out. Hell...in fact I think I might have used it to describe this feeling of my hair...is this correct?

Amylee

HoneyDew said:

HoneyDew, I loooove the breakthru too, even more than the CON . I just found and tried it last week, and I keep on thinking about my next wash day, LOL!!!

But you say You use a clarifying poo first . Does that mean that the breakthru doesn't really clarify? because I thought it did...:ohwell: :confused:

HoneyDew

Amylee said:
HoneyDew, I loooove the breakthru too, even more than the CON . I just found and tried it last week, and I keep on thinking about my next wash day, LOL!!!

But you say You use a clarifying poo first . Does that mean that the breakthru doesn't really clarify? because I thought it did...:ohwell: :confused:

It did clean my hair the 1st few times, but there was one time where it did not. I think maybe it was just time for me to clarify, because after I did it was fine.

I don't have that problem with my Porosity control, though. I rarely need to clarify first. Although is is SLS free , it still has a sulfate in it. The BreakThru has no sulfates, so it may not be able to get rid of product overload as well. I don't think I have to clarify each time, but I have to be mindful of it, just in case.

crlsweetie912

MOTIONS MOISTURE PLUS! I was using the CON red and that gave me major build up but surprisingly the green was a lot better. The motions gives me slip for days and I can comb my hair 3-4 days after a wash with NO BREAKAGE! Even though I don't do it often cause I am scared. But I love :love: the Motions. I think the tube is on sale at Sallys for a nominal price so you could try it.

Amylee

HoneyDew said:
It did clean my hair the 1st few times, but there was one time where it did not. I think maybe it was just time for me to clarify, because after I did it was fine.

I don't have that problem with my Porosity control, though. I rarely need to clarify first. Although is is SLS free , it still has a sulfate in it. The BreakThru has no sulfates, so it may not be able to get rid of product overload as well. I don't think I have to clarify each time, but I have to be mindful of it, just in case.

OK thanks HoneyDew.

I'll keep that in mind. It may not be enough to clarify indeed, so I'll use another poo when I feel the need to clarify.

But that shampoo is THA BOMB!!!:D

CAPlush

crlsweetie912 said:
MOTIONS MOISTURE PLUS! I was using the CON red and that gave me major build up but surprisingly the green was a lot better. The motions gives me slip for days and I can comb my hair 3-4 days after a wash with NO BREAKAGE! Even though I don't do it often cause I am scared. But I love :love: the Motions. I think the tube is on sale at Sallys for a nominal price so you could try it.

Do you use the small tube??? I use the big bottle that says "For Medium to Coarse Hair" at the bottom. It makes my hair feel weird when I apply it, but 5 min later, WOW! I think there is another version that's called "Weightless" for fine hair. I need to compare ingredients one day to see which is which.

crlsweetie912

CAPlush said:
Do you use the small tube??? I use the big bottle that says "For Medium to Coarse Hair" at the bottom. It makes my hair feel weird when I apply it, but 5 min later, WOW! I think there is another version that's called "Weightless" for fine hair. I need to compare ingredients one day to see which is which.

I didn't know that there was a difference. I use the big 5lb tub! I get it at sallys or another BSS in the area.

CAPlush

crlsweetie912 said:
I didn't know that there was a difference. I use the big 5lb tub! I get it at sallys or another BSS in the area.

Oh, ok. I'm sure the tub is the same as the small tube, but I'm confused about the 2 different big bottles. I'm going to go compare some time this weekend to see if the formulas are different.

HoneyDew

CAPlush said:
Oh, ok. I'm sure the tub is the same as the small tube, but I'm confused about the 2 different big bottles. I'm going to go compare some time this weekend to see if the formulas are different.

I have used all the sizes and they are all the same to me.

The Girl

gymfreak336 said:

Aubreys is organic or natural or both? SO many products, I get confused.

kbragg

Bumping for more replies :) I'm gonna have to go to Vitaminshoppe tommorrow (unless we get a freeze tongiht, then I'm staying in BED LOL!) to get some honeysuckle rose! ;)

brownsugarflyygirl

I havent used CON in ages, but using Kids Organics Shea Butter Leave-In gave a very similar slip...maybe you can use this after your DC.