Conditioner Washes!

Purtygurly

They're great for my hair, but my scalp can't take them. I used to condition wash once a week, and use a gentle shampoo once a week. Then I would clarify and deep condition with a reconstructor after two weeks.

I found this out recently, I need to keep my scalp CLEAN, if not certain spots will be very itchy, RED and even bleed or make pus if I scratch it. (I have eczema, I can't ALWAYS control the urge to scratch)

So for two weeks I stopped doing them. I clarify once a week ( with one of the IC shampoos I use the tea, aloe, frizz buster and sparklelites ones, I love those shampoos!!!) and use a gentle shampoo (Elasta QP shampoo for relaxed hair) once a week. I stopped surgeing and the only thing that I put on my scalp is a small amount of wgo.

I put protein on my hair everytime that I wash, but I don't deep condition with it (I just leave it on for 5 or 10 minutes without heat) and I don't use anything with keratin, only wheat protein. I'm going to clarify with suave clarifying and do a reconstructor (with keratin) every 3 weeks. The reason I put protein on my hair is because I use heat a lot more than I used to, and I think that the heat+the clarifying=need more protein. I'm not noticing too much breakage. In fact I only lost 2 hairs in my last combout.

I deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner everytime I wash my hair too. Before I use heat I put in heat protectants. I usually wet set my hair, then run the flat iron through each section once or twice on low heat to take out waves.

My scalp is finally all healed up

but what do you think of the changes in my regimen?

SoniT

Your regimen sounds good! I have a dry, itchy scalp too so I definitely understand the need to keep the scalp clean.