cone-free detangler?

AfroKink

Hiya!
Is there such thing as a cone-free detangler? It seems like all the ones I've researched have one or more silicones in them. What makes a detangler detangling? Are there any cone-free ones that work as well as the ones with cones?

I have super tangly 4b natural hair. My strands are very fine, I don't have coarse hair. I don't have curl definition but single strands form their own coils. The problems come when my hair shrinks and the single coils try to strangle each other.

Lys

Oil :D

I have been detangling my damp hair with just straight evoo. Works great. Makes the hair slippery and all lubricated.

I do a hot oil treatment, then shampoo after. So it's also very good for the hair.

I second detangling on wet hair with oil, the lubrication makes it super easy. Olive oil works great, but I love coconut oil for that. Research shows that it helps reduce damage when combing wet hair.

And Oyin Honey Hemp is GREAT as well. It's my favorite conditioner. Also, the Whole Foods brand conditioner is good for detangling (and it's like 2$).

Doing it on damp-wet hair is key though. Mine has to be completely wet.

wow, I never knew that oil could be a detangler. So you just slather some on the hair and in my case - my twists would be easier to unravel? Do I have to let the oil sit for a bit first? Should I have heated my head (lol)...like have worn a plastic cap first? This is amazing!

wow, I never knew that oil could be a detangler. So you just slather some on the hair and in my case - my twists would be easier to unravel? Do I have to let the oil sit for a bit first? Should I have heated my head (lol)...like have worn a plastic cap first? This is amazing!

I wet my hair in the shower and put on the oil and let it sit for the rest of my shower. Then when I get out, I detangle. I wait until I'm out of the shower so that I can take my time.

It makes sense though. It's so greasy and slippery, right? :) Plus it conditions.

I don't think you can go wrong with just using oil.

I section my hair off, coat it in oil, fingercomb, then run my widetoothed comb through it.

Try on wet hair... and you can do a treatment or not do a treatment... it's up to you.

Some oils are more slippery than other ones though. Should you use one that doens't absorb well so that it is there to lubricate, or should you use one that will absorb well so that it wont make your ahir greasy?

Lys

Knot Today from the Kinky Curly line

So I ended up purchasing Just For Me 2-in-1 Detangling Conditioner. Its a spray. It does have cones, but they're PEG-cones and don't seem to cause build up on my hair. It detangles extremely well.

About a month later I tried the Knot Today. It's like a cremy gel kinda thing. It's detanling abilities are comparable to the Just for Me, but Knot Today leave my hair moisturized longer and feels even nicer in my hair. I'm loving it!

Thanks ladies!

Lys

So I ended up purchasing Just For Me 2-in-1 Detangling Conditioner. Its a spray. It does have cones, but they're PEG-cones and don't seem to cause build up on my hair. It detangles extremely well.

Lys

I just bought this too! It seems to work really well so far! :yep: and my hair is pretty impossible lol

I agree with the coconut oil sometimes I mix coconut oil and aloevera to get more slip. Lately I have been using oyin juices an berries.

Back