Confused, Hurt, Disappointed, Need Help!

I guess I did at 18 months but never truly paid any REAL attention to it until I was ready to wear my hair out again. That was a sad day for me and needless to say, I did not enjoy that experience at all:nono:.

Did you retain anything in those 18 months other than damage.

I can't put all the blame on him, because I knew he wasn't good. My husband said "train him baby' but I pay him, I shouldn't have to train him. I kept going to him not knowing the damage that was being done and the amount of damage that could happen. I'm still wondering what I'm going to do. I think a bun will probably work. I think I'm going to cut about 5-inches of strands that are long but thin and see-thru. I have patches of 5-inch hairs and 3-inch hairs and some cut to the scalp when he took the weave out. Then I have some hairs that are mid-back to waist but they don't look good, they look pitiful. Been growing my hair for years. I was so happy with thick, healthy, mid-back length hair and I could never imagine in two months, my hair would be a source of shame. A thin chewed-up mess.

I respectfully disagree with your husband about training the stylist, especially after I read
I talked to him about it and he told me as you get older you hair thins.
. There's a difference between thinning hair and damaged hair. There are too many people out there who can do a weave w/out it chewing up your hair. I wouldn't waste time trying to train someone.

Watchu hate more? Your wigs or your natural hair? One of these things is real true and sure ...& it will eventually win the battle anyway.

I hate the wig more - definitely. With the wig I feel uncomfortable all day, every time I move my head. My natural hair, I will wear when I figure out what to do with it.

New problem, scalp is covered with dry skin!! It is horrible. Why is all this happening. I washed and conditioned yesterday and today woke up with an itchy head covered with dry skin and I'm resisting the urge to pull it up with a comb because you know that looks nasty. Just using the pads of my fingers to massage. So gross!!!

I respectfully disagree with your husband about training the stylist, especially after I read . There's a difference between thinning hair and damaged hair. There are too many people out there who can do a weave w/out it chewing up your hair. I wouldn't waste time trying to train someone.

I totally agree. I wasn't very happy with the styles but I think my husband was looking strictly at the money, (he was cheap and quick) so he thought I could teach him to do better styles, that was the training part. Neither of us knew about the damage being caused.

Everybody gave great tips ..
New problem, scalp is covered with dry skin!! It is horrible. Why is all this happening. I washed and conditioned yesterday and today woke up with an itchy head covered with dry skin and I'm resisting the urge to pull it up with a comb because you know that looks nasty. Just using the pads of my fingers to massage. So gross!!!
Sounds like skin build up ,you need to scrub and exfoliate your scalp

Sewins can be tricky. I agree about that midshaft breakage.If done right the hair will grow but it has to be cared for underneath. I used to do my own sewins all the time, but I get lazy as hell & dont really moisturize like im supposed to. So when I take them down I have breakage. I stopped doing sewins & now I just make my own u -part wigs. I agree w protein treatment( do strand tests just to be sure that's what you need) & moisture. Be gentle. If you have to trim, just go ahead &trim now to get it out the way for a fresh start. I had a slight setback w my last relaxer & I am dusting my ends every chance I get until my next retouch (then I will do a major trim). You're not alone honey! Just be patient it will grow back. Give the sewins a break & experiment with diff wigs. They can really be fun! If not, do some protective styles in the meantime. It's winter so headbands & hats and scarves are definitely in for the days you don't wanna do your hair.

I am wearing my own hair! Ooooh it feels good. So very comfortable, just wearing a bun. Surprised that my hair has stayed straight all week instead of puffing up. Moisturizing every other day and protein treatment once a week. Scalp still a little itchy but dry skin gone. So happy the dry nasty looking flaky skin is gone.

@GraceJones the website is aliexpress.com.
they have a wide range of products but if you just type in something like Brazilian wig in the search bar, you'll find a bunch of stores that each have certain pieces. And the range of prices is relatively flexible too

@alex114 What @GraceJones is asking is for the link is to the specific shop you bought your wig on aliexpress. Aliexpress is like ebay. There are a ton of different sellers. It sounds like you're new to it and that's cool. :) You lucked up and found a seller with a good product. Many people get burned on there because what looks good in the picture (and in price), doesn't turn out good when it's delivered. It's matted, stinks, too short, etc.

That being said, what is the link to the shop or the specific link to the wig you bought on aliexpress?

@alex114 What @GraceJones is asking is for the link is to the specific shop you bought your wig on aliexpress. Aliexpress is like ebay. There are a ton of different sellers. It sounds like you're new to it and that's cool. :) You lucked up and found a seller with a good product. Many people get burned on there because what looks good in the picture (and in price), doesn't turn out good when it's delivered. It's matted, stinks, too short, etc.

That being said, what is the link to the shop or the specific link to the wig you bought on aliexpress?
Yes this what I'm asking for I need a new hair piece

Ohhhhh @GraceJones @*SkolarStar* thanks for clarifying lol-- i bought my wig from Qingdao Hot Hair Products, which is the same store my other 2 friends used for their wigs and we were all happy with our products. I think one of my friends got a 2nd wig from another company and was very happy with the customer service and the product. (She doesn't remember which store lol)

Back