Controversial: Being Wrapped in Torah Scroll

auparavant

The Torah is the Chumash which is the first five books of the bible...Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. Jews do NOT wrap anybody in a Torah scroll. Something christians should not do and it is highly disrespectful and non-biblical at all. I heard they did Eddie Long the same.

My question/observation is that Paula White could have been annointed with olive oil, chrism, holy water...just hands or something and prayed over in their tradition. Ridiculous and insulting to do this and fully contrived and made up. I'm in complete shock. No one does this in ANY synagogue in the world.

http://jewishisrael.ning.com/video/paula-white-gets-wrapped-in-a-torah-scroll-by-messianic-rabbi-ral

It's not "messianic" judaism...cuz that is protestantism. I don't know why they are lying about that. Call it what it truly is. If people are involved in such, please be careful because what you are being taught by many of these congregations is not truth (imho). I know no such tradition in judaism at all. It's disrespectful and desecrating to the torah. :blush:

http://jewishisrael.ning.com/video/paula-white-gets-wrapped-in-a-torah-scroll-by-messianic-rabbi-ral

(short video)

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

auparavant said:
The Torah is the Chumash which is the first five books of the bible...Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. Jews do NOT wrap anybody in a Torah scroll. Something christians should not do and it is highly disrespectful and non-biblical at all. I heard they did Eddie Long the same.

My question/observation is that Paula White could have been annointed with olive oil, chrism, holy water...just hands or something and prayed over in their tradition. Ridiculous and insulting to do this and fully contrived and made up. I'm in complete shock. No one does this in ANY synagogue in the world.

It's not "messianic" judaism...cuz that is protestantism. I don't know why they are lying about that. Call it what it truly is. If people are involved in such, please be careful because what you are being taught by many of these congregations is not truth (imho). I know no such tradition in judaism at all. It's disrespectful and desecrating to the torah. :blush:

(short video)

So why hasn't something been done with him, how did he become a Rabbi anyway...is that the same scroll he wrapped Eddie in , I thought it would have desintegrated (?) by now...it's a shame.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

(short video)

I totally agree, this is completely offensive and disrespectful.

To make matters worse, this sacredness of this scroll (the Torah) has been wrapped around two people whose behaviours have been in the 'spotlight' and have brought 'shame' upon Ministries. So is this man rewarding their behaviour?

Is he rewarding Eddie for his behaviour with the young boys?

Is he rewarding Paula for being divorced and being seen with another high profile miinister who is also divorced?

I'm just trying to figure out why this man deems it necessary to shoud these particular persons who do have a 'reproach' against them? A reproach upon which they are not beyond. :nono:

This man is dangerous, as he's giving the wrong message, let alone the wrong image of the true Body of Christ.

Yes, we forgive them and pray for them, but this is just beyond over the top and it's actually a sin; for it gives the message that a Leader can do whatever they want and then get 'shouded' for it.... they get rewarded.

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

ETA: My understanding of the term Messianic Jews are Jewish persons who have received the Messiah as 'now' and are honouring and worshipping Him. They are identifying themselves as Jews who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ who has come, died and resurrected and is still to come again.

The Messianic Jews that I know are not like this which we see in this video. They respect the presence of the Holy Spirit without displaying questionable behaviour.. They are serious about loving and presenting Jesus as Lord of their hearts and lives.

Last edited:

auparavant

Yes, messianic "judaism" is evangelical christian church and these people go to Israel to try and convince Jews to leave their faith. We, as believer in Yeshua of the catholic Hebrew faith, believe as catholics but from a Hebrew background (varying widely). Our religious faith now is catholicism. We also know that G-d didn't abrogate the first covenant with Jews. I believe there is a time of the in-gathering of gentiles to the vine and at the appropriated time, our people will largely accept Messiah. G-d did the gentiles a favor and offered them salvation for all these times.

But the way these folks go about it, they are not up-front with their religion and try and be sly about it. Why not be up-front?

Another thing, you are right...so disrespectful. Jews do not touch the Torah with hands.. but with a pointer called a 'yad,' meaning a "pointer hand" to respect the word. It's sacred. And she's being wrapped in it...Eddie Long being wrapped in it. I tell you, one of my FB friends remarked, "he got curl juice on the Torah." I laughed until I cried tears. :lol: :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
Yes, messianic "judaism" is evangelical christian church and these people go to Israel to try and convince Jews to leave their faith. We, as believer in Yeshua of the catholic Hebrew faith, believe as catholics but from a Hebrew background (varying widely). Our religious faith now is catholicism. We also know that G-d didn't abrogate the first covenant with Jews. I believe there is a time of the in-gathering of gentiles to the vine and at the appropriated time, our people will largely accept Messiah. G-d did the gentiles a favor and offered them salvation for all these times.

But the way these folks go about it, they are not up-front with their religion and try and be sly about it. Why not be up-front?

Another thing, you are right...so disrespectful. Jews do not touch the Torah with hands.. but with a pointer called a 'yad,' meaning a "pointer hand" to respect the word. It's sacred. And she's being wrapped in it...Eddie Long being wrapped in it. I tell you, one of my FB friends remarked, "he got curl juice on the Torah." I laughed until I cried tears. :lol: :nono:

Curl Juice... :lol:

You know what, Auparavant? This 'scares' me. The misuse of the Torah as well as the persons that it's being upon, because of scandals. I'm not saying that they haven't repented or that they don't deserve forgiveness. It's just that this Minister is giving the message that 'they' get rewarded for being a part of a scandal; scandals that they haven't apologized for being a part of.

I dunno... :nono: I'm not saying they haven't repented or that they're not trying to get right with God. All have sinned and have fallen short of God's glory. All....

Both Eddie and Paula should have graciously refused to take part in this scroll wrapping. They know enough Biblical history to have known better.

felic1

If these ministers wanted to do an illustrated sermon they should not have done it with the torah. We are supposed to try to win Jews. What ever draws the eye and looks good is not of God. Everything that looks spiritual is not of God. The word is our spell check for anything coming off of a pulpit.

auparavant

Nah, I think that's subterfuge. The appointed time will come when all people are one under the Torah completed...but until that time, I'm so against folks trying to trick Jews into accepting Jesus. I have my personal reasons for that...

Shimmie

Staff member
Nah, I think that's subterfuge. The appointed time will come when all people are one under the Torah completed...but until that time, I'm so against folks trying to trick Jews into accepting Jesus. I have my personal reasons for that...

The heart of geniune Christians is not 'tricking' Jews into accepting Jesus. For example, I personally, along with many other Christians, reside in a largely populated Jewish community and the last thing in my heart (and the other Christians) is to disrespect them and use trickery to try and win them over to Jesus. However I am open to how God wants to use me to share the love of Jesus.

Granted I realize that there are many unethical methods taking place, however this is in every aspect of life, as satan is always trying to pervert that which is of God to deter trust and acceptance of His true existance.

All the more reason I do not like what is happening with the use of the Torah scroll which is offense not only to the Jewish community but to other faiths as well, even to those not of 'faith'. Some things are obviously not right and this is one of those things. We have to pray for those under this spirit of 'offense' to not be under such deception.