Correct PH level?

loveisnthehouse

First off, I apologize for the amount of new threds in the short amount of time.

My question is how do you know when you hair is the corrent PH level? I have searched and found things about 4.5-5.5 becing the optimum level, and that there are things you can do to raise and lower the PH of your hair. For instance, that baking soda will make your hair more basic and ACV more acidic. But how does one know when they have the right balance?

Also, does anyone use a baking soda rinse, deep condition their hair and then seal with an ACV rinse? In my line of thinking that would give the hair the best chance to soak up all the yummy moisture and help keep it locked in the hair. Thank you!

JJamiah

I use Porosity control or Motions Moisture Plus, Some ladies use French Perm Stabilizer all sold at SALLY's and most likely your local BSS.

I have used a ACV rinse, I didn't notice much probably just me because I know from others it is suppose to be pretty good.

I use Baking Soda with my Clarifying Shampoo to get a deep cleaning and product removeal from my hair.

I just feel my hair absorbs the moisture so much better when my porosity is under control. LIKE NOW!!!! I can't keep my hands out of my hair.. :)

Colors, relaxers and chemicals make your hair very porous. :)

Salsarisma

I tried porosity control conditioner for the first time and it was AMAZING! My hair felt so good that I couldn't keep my hands out of it. I bought the sample size, but this is definitely becoming a staple for me!

Lola Laughs

I wash with a mixture of distilled water and baking soda, then rinse with ACV/distilled water mixture. This has made my leave-in way more effective (better results than with Roux PC). HTH :grin:

sharifeh

well baking soda is used for clarifying instead of using shampoo; it shouldn't be used every wash; it may be too drying depending on how often you wash

loveisnthehouse

Is ACV too harsh to use after every DC? Today I HAVE to clarify, so I will be using Baking soda, DC, then ACV rinse. Do you think that will keep the moisture in my hair?

Last edited:

sharifeh

what DC will you be using? And make sure your ACV rinse is diluted enough or else your hair will be hard. I've never done ACV but I know you have to mix it with water so it's not too strong... also dilute your baking soda with water too.