Corrective ...help!!

KenyafromCT

Thanks for peeking in!!

I stretched my hair for 12 weeks...did my relaxer 2 weeks ago (used Motions) and it was a disaster. Breakage and it didn't take!!! ESPECIALLY at my nape!! It's still like an afro! I haven't used heat since January and I've been air drying and tossing on random products that I've picked up (I've become a product junkie). I've also been using Xcel 21/JBCO anf WGHO a few times per week.

My question is, when can I relax again?? And yes, I plan on switching up my relaxer!!

Thanks ladies for any insight, advice you can provide!!!!

Evolving78

6 weeks. But some people don't wait. But the recommended time is 6 weeks.
If you are gonna do it sooner, make sure you put some kind of oil, or petroleum jelly on your ends/previously relaxed hair. Make sure you base your entire scalp. And make sure you use a reconstructing conditioner like aphogee 2 min, or ORS mayo.
Last time I waited 5 weeks. I'm getting my hair braided, so I can wait it out again.

Are you gonna use No lye? I plan on going back to no lye.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Agree with @shortdub78.

The times I was underprocessed, I stretched for my normal timeframe and the stylist added relaxer to the underprocessed areas ~5 minutes before rinsing out my hair. If you relax again before your normal stretch timeframe is up, please protect the previously relaxed hair or you'll have a bigger problem on your hands -- overprocessed hair.

Aggie

@KenyafromCT

Honestly I would protective style my hair for a few weeks allowing deep protein treatments every 2 weeks to keep my under-processed hair from demarcation breakage in the interim. But that's just me. The other ladies made some great recommendations also. Just don't relax it too soon. 6 weeks is perfect.

Evolving78

Lawd. And I have a baby shower coming up!! My hair is a hot mess!!
Can you get it braided? Is it your baby shower? I'm getting some cornrows that can be put into a bun, or ponytail. You know you can just blow dry and flat iron your hair.
What do you use to wash, deep conditioner, and detangle your hair with?

KenyafromCT

Can you get it braided? Is it your baby shower? I'm getting some cornrows that can be put into a bun, or ponytail. You know you can just blow dry and flat iron your hair.

Oh no! It's not my baby shower! My uterus is old, dusty & filled with cob webs! Lol. I'm 48 and I have a junior in college and a 25 yo! I wanted to avoid direct heat but I may visit the Dominican Salon so Iook presentable! I haven't been since February 5th so I think going next week will be ok.

Again, thank you all!!

KenyafromCT

I have a ton of products. Pantene, Bee Mine, Eden Bodyworks, Creme of Nature, and the list goes on!

Evolving78

Oh no! It's not my baby shower! My uterus is old, dusty & filled with cob webs! Lol. I'm 48 and I have a junior in college and a 25 yo! I wanted to avoid direct heat but I may visit the Dominican Salon so Iook presentable! I haven't been since February 5th so I think going next week will be ok.

Again, thank you all!!
Can you get it braided? do you like braids? You can get a simple style.

KenyafromCT

I
Can you get it braided? do you like braids? You can get a simple style.

I used to get braids YEARSSSS ago. My hair was so thick that it took 2 girls 7 to 8 hours. Then the Dominican mami's hit the scene here in CT and the rest as they say, is history. I've been frequenting them for about 15 years. Haven't had braids since. Haven't thought about it. Not sure if I have the patience anymore. But maybe I should!

Evolving78

I

I used to get braids YEARSSSS ago. My hair was so thick that it took 2 girls 7 to 8 hours. Then the Dominican mami's hit the scene here in CT and the rest as they say, is history. I've been frequenting them for about 15 years. Haven't had braids since. Haven't thought about it. Not sure if I have the patience anymore. But maybe I should!
I got my hair in cornrows, so I can wear a bun. Not a bunch of braids, so it didn't take too long. The style is neat and will last until my corrective.

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
Should I deep comdition before I relax?

2 weeks before you relax again, you should wash, deep condition, dry with heat and flat iron. Then relax on oily dirty hair. You need moisture pressed into your hair so that your scalp oils can penetrate your strands and take to the relaxer. This is one of those times when I feel like air drying just doesn't cut it.