Correctives support thread

hillytmj

@lamaria211, did you do it?
How did it go?

It was recommended to me a while back by @sunnieb but I was too scared.

Now, however, I think that the different textures are causing knotting and shedding whenever I wash/gently manipulate. I need to even it out.

But I am SCARED!!!:perplexed:ohwell::perplexed

Question: What were you ladies experiencing that made you think you needed a corrective?[/
QUOTE]
I had a corrective a few years back because the texture was on the ends. As long as it was mid-strand, it was okay. But as I continued to trim until about 2 inches of my ends were underprocessed and wouldn't get smooth during my rollersets. If I were to do it all over again, I would have gotten the corrective while it was midstrand, but like many others have stated, I was scared at the time.

ericajoy

Ladies, has anyone done a corrective LESS than a month after the original underprocessed relaxer? What were your results?

rawsilk

I've been tex-laxed for over a month now and I think I'm about to "correct" to full-on (but not bone straight) relaxer. I just want to make sure that my ends curl up and catch a little bend when it gets humid. But this mid-stran frizz in the absence of tons of product which requires so much maintenance/manipulation is getting on my last good nerve. Trying to hold out for another month or two for touch-up and just smooth-out rest of hair shaft but the creamy-crack is calling.

rawsilk

I did it about two weeks later but I was so nervous and timid about it, I'm pretty sure I need to correct again. (No harm to hair though if that is your question -- just silkier and slightly straighter than before but not straight enough.) If I didn't have so many different textures going on and if I wasn't so adamant about maintaining curl/body pattern especially on ends, I would just go to a professional that I trusted.

Ladies, has anyone done a corrective LESS than a month after the original underprocessed relaxer? What were your results?

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Im doing a self corrective next week.
Subbing

DominicanBrazilian82

So I too have mid-strand under-processed hair. I was originally going to do my corrective at my 20 week TU, but I think that I will do it tomorrow @ 14 weeks and stretch an extra two weeks to give my hair 8 weeks without relaxer chemicals.

My process will include:

Chi Silk on the areas that will take the relaxer,
Protein Step,
Neutralize,
Shampoo,
DC,
Rollerset,
and lastly, Hopefully smile because I don't have to flat iron my mid-strands.

I will use Linange Relaxer and Neutralizing Conditioner. Shampoo with my Loreal Sulfate Free Poo, French Perm Stabilizer, DC with HQS The Slip, Creamy Leave-in, set with my gray magnetics and post some pics!!!

Jobwright

I am going to correct my mid strand under processed areas this week or weekend. I did a protein treatment a couple of weeks ago, not sure if I need to do another before the relaxer but definitely after I will use Aphogee 2 minute. I'm following the same steps as the last relaxer 6 weeks ago which is the same as the steps DominicanBrazilian82 outlined above. The back is the worst area. Probably because I took too long in the front section initially, then rushed through the back because time was ticking. No worries though, I will start with the back this time.

lamaria211

@lamaria211, did you do it?
How did it go?

It was recommended to me a while back by @sunnieb but I was too scared.

Now, however, I think that the different textures are causing knotting and shedding whenever I wash/gently manipulate. I need to even it out.

But I am SCARED!!!:perplexed:ohwell::perplexed

QUOTE]
I had a corrective a few years back because the texture was on the ends. As long as it was mid-strand, it was okay. But as I continued to trim until about 2 inches of my ends were underprocessed and wouldn't get smooth during my rollersets. If I were to do it all over again, I would have gotten the corrective while it was midstrand, but like many others have stated, I was scared at the time.

girl im just seeing this. yes i did and it didnt work at alllll. :sad:

bklynbornNbred

:bump::bump::bump:

@Kinky4Agirl Thought this thread would help you figure out what to do.

If you've never done a corrective you may want to consider going to a trusted stylist to get it done.

Also ORS isn't the same formula it used to be. Do you know if you were under processed because the perm you used has changed or was it that you didn't have enough or not have enough time to process properly?

CodeRed

Thanks for bumping this. It's good to know that my hair isn't going to fall out/break off from doing a corrective :lol: