Corrie Ten Boom : Prisoner At Ravensbruck And Forgiveness

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
These are certainly trying times and they may get very much worse and dangerous in persecution but there is the grace of faith we can have and develop love for everyone, even our enemies. Without our forgiving others, all that we have done will not be forgiven us. The words of Corrie Ten Boom, Christian watch maker in the Nederlands, who was imprisioned in Ravensbruck alongside her father, sister and nephew for helping Jews escape detection during WWII, had lived a life of pious instruction from her family. In the end, she triumphed in love, even against the enemy who abused her family and herself. If you have never seen this film, please do so. It has always blessed me tremendously.

"Forgiveness is an act of the will, and the will can function regardless of the temperature of the heart."

"“There is no pit so deep, that God’s love is not deeper still.”
Excerpt: "
Excerpt: While in a concentration camp in Germany, Betsie ten Boom was becoming frail. One day while doing heavy manual labor, she kindly said to her guard, “Don’t give me more to do than I am trying to do already, because I am not strong enough to lift these heavy parts.” The guard flashed back, “You don’t decide what you do. I decide.” At that the guard brutally beat Betsie. Corrie ten Boom, her sister, watched and was enraged. When the guard left, Corrie went over to Betsie who now had blood all over her face. Betsie immediately said, “No, don’t hate, Corrie. You must love and forgive.”

Corrie knew that she was unable. That night she went for a walk and told the Lord that she could not forgive “that brutal woman.” The Lord reminded her of a Scripture, “God’s love had been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us.” (Romans 5:5) Corrie knew that what she was unable to do, the Lord, in her, was able to do.

She writes, “At that moment, when I was able to forgive, my hatred disappeared. What a liberation! Forgiveness is the key that unlocks the door of resentment and the handcuffs of hatred. It is a power that breaks the chains of bitterness and the shackles of selfishness. What a liberation when you can forgive.”

- Adapted from Oh How He Loves You, by Corrie ten Boom"

"“Discernment is God's call to intercession, never to faultfinding.”

The Hiding Place, full movie

Corrie Ten Boom has books and her witness is on Youtube.