Cortex or Fahrenheit flat irons

Uniqzoe

I was in TJ Maxx yesterday and saw these two brands of flat irons for about $30. Both claim to have 100% ceramic plates. I did a search and wasn't able to find a lot of information on these irons and would like to know if anyone has used these.

I only straighten my hair a couple of times a year and don't want to make a major investment if I can get good results from a less expensive iron.

Are these irons good for minimal use or should I go ahead and invest in a higher quality tool? (Based on your experience with these irons only please)

noemi

I have the Cortex in zebra print. I love it. It gets my hair shiny and smooth and my natural hair always reverts. I'm satisfied.

reeko43

I have a Cortex that I got from eBay for $15 including shipping. I love it and I would buy it for $30 if I had to replace! I don't flat iron my hair often either. The Cortex is one of my best hair investments.

RocStar

I have a Cortex that I bought from TJ Maxx and I would say it works pretty good. It is definitely worth the price. I use it as my travel flat iron and it has never failed me.

all_1_length

My hair has never been so shiny using the cortex flat iron except for with the Solia flat iron. It works really great and my hair doesn't revert back very quickly or easily. The only reason I had to give it up was because it would snag my hair something awful.:nono:

Don't be duped into buying the flat iron set which includes the mini flat iron. That thing will do nothing but snag your hair.:sad:

On another note I just tried the Solia Flat Iron from Folica.com and it works better than the Cortex. It doesn't snag my hair and it has a high quality shine to it just like the Cortex irons. It's a very well constructed flat iron. Folica has the 13/4" iron on sale now for $59. I highly recommend it.:sweet: