Countertop Hair Steamer

achangedlife

From hair-only.com. Anyone has this or heard anything about it? It's $170.00. It's as small as a hood dryer so you can place it on a table top or wherever. It says that it can also be used as a facial steamer, or to steam wigs and synthetic hair. I can't find any online reviews on it but it looks good, just expensive.

Atiramisu

I bought a tabletop steamer after seeing it referenced on the forum and I paid $79 for it. I believe the website was www.beautybeautyusa.com but this was at least 2 years ago. But, it was definitely under $80.

Last edited:

achangedlife

Thanks for responding. The website doesn't seem to be working. When I clicked on the hair steamer link I got an error page. Do you remember who made your steamer, maybe I can find it somewhere else. TIA.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Re: Countertop Hair Steamerhttp

I just ordered one last night from
bctcl.com

This place is in England and the total came up to $109.74. It should be here in about a week.

CocoGlow

bctcl.com

This place is in England and the total came up to $109.74. It should be here in about a week.

ooh Dayjoy..I am very interested to see how your steamer turns out!

If all is well w/ the delivery from Europe and the steamer works to your liking or NOT please let us know.

I am considering purchasing a steamer in the furture and this price cannot be beat, surprisingly coming from another country. I would have thought that it would be more expensive w/ the shipping fees than the prices charged here for the same exact product....

morehairplease

I bought a tabletop steamer after seeing it referenced on the forum and I paid $79 for it. I believe the website was www.beautybeautyusa.com but this was at least 2 years ago. But, it was definitely under $80.

this is where I wanted to order mine from after seeing it in VWVixxen's fotki but when I phoned the company they stated it was no longer available/discontinued.

morehairplease

I bought a salon steamer today on E-Bay. They had the table-top steamer on the site, too.

on beautybeautyusa?

ETA: this is what I get when I click on hair steamers:

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403
beautybeautyusa.com
Sat May 31 21:39:52 2008
Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux) FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.0.54 OpenSSL/0.9.7e

yodie

bctcl.com

Dayjoy,

Inquiring minds want to know. Give us the 411 when it arrives.

Dang, can I wait another week to order????

Last edited:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Hey ladies. I just wanted to update. I ordered the steamer on 5/30 and received an email on 6/3 stating that my order had shipped. I'll update again when it arrives and then finally after I've used it. Can't wait!!

FindingMe

Ladies, when shopping from internet sites, please make sure the voltage requirements meet US standards. US is 120V, I believe and UK is 220V. This steamer may require a step-down voltage converter. Also ask about the plug/prongs and whether they are US compatible.

I was working with this company to order, but they don't have this model in US standard voltage version. When they tried to produce it from their supplier/factory, it was poor quality (so they told me) and so they issued a refund (about a month later...). Sunshinebeautiful also had the same thing happen to her as we were waiting on our refund together.:ohwell:

That's the reason I ended up purchasing the one from hair-only.com.

HTH someone from not going through the same thing...

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Ladies, when shopping from internet sites, please make sure the voltage requirements meet US standards. US is 120V, I believe and UK is 220V. This steamer may require a step-down voltage converter. Also ask about the plug/prongs and whether they are US compatible.

I was working with this company to order, but they don't have this model in US standard voltage version. When they tried to produce it from their supplier/factory, it was poor quality (so they told me) and so they issued a refund (about a month later...). Sunshinebeautiful also had the same thing happen to her as we were waiting on our refund together.:ohwell:

That's the reason I ended up purchasing the one from hair-only.com.

HTH someone from not going through the same thing...
I thought about this too. I sent the company an email regarding this on April 9 around the time I was first fiending for the steamer. They emailed me back the very next day assuring me that it works with American electricity/voltage and that the US is their main market. So I am just waiting...CAN'T WAIT!!!

FindingMe

I thought about this too. I sent the company an email regarding this on April 9 around the time I was first fiending for the steamer. They emailed me back the very next day assuring me that it works with American electricity/voltage and that the US is their main market. So I am just waiting...CAN'T WAIT!!!

COOL! Let us know how you like it!:grin:

FindingMe

:grin:Hi, dayjoy! how r u liking your steamer?!? I have a coupla friends who are interested in one, but don't want to pay what i paid for the hair-only.com one...lemme kno-:grin:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Hey ladies! Sorry I didn't get back sooner, but I am a little miffed right now. Heres the story:

I ordered the steamer late at night on the 30th, so make that the 31st. I got an email saying that it had shipped on the 3rd. On the morning of the 11th I saw the letter carrier coming to the door with a big box. I threw open that door before she could even hit the stair. It was my steamer!! I signed for it and rushed it into the house. The box was a little beat up but the contents were intact. The manual was was easy to understand with English on one side and Chinese on the other side. It came with a scary looking adapter but since the plug was American voltage, I don't need it.

So--I put it together and the process was really easy. I filled the water chamber with distilled water, plugged it in, pressed the "on" button and waited. And waited.:perplexed While the power indicator light came on, I got no steam. I went over and over the instructions and nothing. I even left the thing on for an extended period of time and still no steam.

That was Wednesday. I sent the company an email on Thursday morning and another one yesterday. (I'm having computer problems with sending mail, so I've had to resend the one from yesterday. I don't know if it has gone through yet.) I'm still waiting for a reply. I even sent Jamericangirl a PM asking for info on the machine because it is the same one she posted a pic of herself using.

And that's where I am now. Tomorrow I'll check to make sure the email has gone through. I'll probably send more and wait for a reply. If worse comes to worst I'll start calling on the phone. I was so looking forward...:cry::wallbash:

FindingMe

That's funny! I have the same steamer. I'm sitting under it right now. LOVING IT! I was just about to post a review when I saw your post.

I really like that it's small so I can tuck it away in my already-too-clugged-up apartment. Lol. I also love that it has a facial steamer.

My sentiments exactly, altho I haven't used the facial steamer yet...dunno the process or what I should do...

Hey ladies! Sorry I didn't get back sooner, but I am a little miffed right now. Heres the story:

I ordered the steamer late at night on the 30th, so make that the 31st. I got an email saying that it had shipped on the 3rd. On the morning of the 11th I saw the letter carrier coming to the door with a big box. I threw open that door before she could even hit the stair. It was my steamer!! I signed for it and rushed it into the house. The box was a little beat up but the contents were intact. The manual was was easy to understand with English on one side and Chinese on the other side. It came with a scary looking adapter but since the plug was American voltage, I don't need it.

So--I put it together and the process was really easy. I filled the water chamber with distilled water, plugged it in, pressed the "on" button and waited. And waited.:perplexed While the power indicator light came on, I got no steam. I went over and over the instructions and nothing. I even left the thing on for an extended period of time and still no steam.

That was Wednesday. I sent the company an email on Thursday morning and another one yesterday. (I'm having computer problems with sending mail, so I've had to resend the one from yesterday. I don't know if it has gone through yet.) I'm still waiting for a reply. I even sent Jamericangirl a PM asking for info on the machine because it is the same one she posted a pic of herself using.

And that's where I am now. Tomorrow I'll check to make sure the email has gone through. I'll probably send more and wait for a reply. If worse comes to worst I'll start calling on the phone. I was so looking forward...:cry::wallbash:

I am so sorry this happened.:sad: Do you have to use the adapter? Someone else said they had to add salt to theirs to get it to steam...They have the one I have, but I haven't had to add salt to mine yet...

MissRissa

I ordered mine on the hair-only site on Friday and it got here today (wednesday)!!! I'm so freaking giddy. Cannot wait to try it, but I have to wait until this weekend.

FindingMe

is the one described the one from Hair-Only.com?????

Are you taking about dayjoy's disciption? if so, she bought hers from a vendor on ebay...bctcl.com

for $109.74. See post # 4

if not, i think there are 3 others of us on this thread that got ours from hair-only.com. i have this one and i like mine. it's compact, but more expensive. Mine was 169.00 + shipping, i believe...

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Any updates on how the countertop steamers are working?

I have the counter top steamer from HairGift.com. I've used it twice.
I liked it the first time and with the second use, I fell in love with the results.
I only have 2 complaints and one, it isn't adjustable and I have difficulty finding chairs high enough or low enough from the tabletop surfaces in my homes. And two, it doesn't do the back near the nape as well as the top and sides. You have to twist around or adjust you head so that the back of your head gets the benefits as well.

I ordered another steamer, but it's on wheels and adjustable. I can't wait to try it.

nikki2229

I have the counter top steamer from HairGift.com. I've used it twice.
I liked it the first time and with the second use, I fell in love with the results.
I only have 2 complaints and one, it isn't adjustable and I have difficulty finding chairs high enough or low enough from the tabletop surfaces in my homes. And two, it doesn't do the back near the nape as well as the top and sides. You have to twist around or adjust you head so that the back of your head gets the benefits as well.

I ordered another steamer, but it's on wheels and adjustable. I can't wait to try it.

ITA. I have this steamer also and I am trying to get my $$ worth out of it before I give it to someone. I am trying to hold off from ordering another steamer right now but I will order the adjustable one before winter comes. This steamer works just fine but for a few more $$ you can just get the adjustable one on wheels.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
ITA. I have this steamer also and I am trying to get my $$ worth out of it before I give it to someone. I am trying to hold off from ordering another steamer right now but I will order the adjustable one before winter comes. This steamer works just fine but for a few more $$ you can just get the adjustable one on wheels.

You could probably sell it to someone here who wants to try a steamer but don't want to spend a lot of money. :yep:

I love the way my hair is behaving today since I steamed last night.

Your hair is beautiful Nikki2229. How long have you been steaming your hair? And are you fully natural or relaxed?

nikki2229

You could probably sell it to someone here who wants to try a steamer but don't want to spend a lot of money. :yep:

Your hair is beautiful Nikki2229. How long have you been steaming your hair? And are you fully natural or relaxed?

Thank you for your compliment.:yep: I bought the steamer a few months ago and I use it once a month but plan to try and do it 1 a week or bi-weekly. Now that the summer is coming I will be doing more curly styles so the steamer won't be a problem. It really makes my hair soft and super moisturized. I am almost 6 months post relaxer. I am transitioning. I still have mostly relaxed hair. I have made it to APL but never "claim" it because I cut some of my hair nearly everyday. Anxious to be natural but not rushing it.(IF that makes any sense) So for the most part, I stay at APL or a little above depending on my scissor happiness.lol

Do you own a steamer?

Last edited:

nikki2229

I checked your fotki and your hair is beautiful. It has grown a lot in the last year and it looks so full and healthy.

Do you normally do long term stretches?

Before transitioning, I only stretched one time and I only made it to twelve weeks.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I checked your fotki and your hair is beautiful. It has grown a lot in the last year and it looks so full and healthy.

Do you normally do long term stretches?

Before transitioning, I only stretched one time and I only made it to twelve weeks.

Thank you! It's been a very long haul. My first 2 years with LHCF, I had soooo many setbacks. I mean, so much breakage and inches cut that I really should be BSL and beyond by now.

But now I think I am in my zone. :yep: I'm a slow grower so I probably won't reach BSL :crossfingers: until 2012! :)

Unfortunately, my crown and sides barely budge and have always been this way. I stopped wearing ponytail holders and such just so that my sides aren't taut.

Just the past year I have been able to stretch 12-13 weeks now that my hair is stronger and in better health. Before I could only go 8-9. My goal is to increase to 15 weeks.:yep:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Thank you for your compliment.:yep: I bought the steamer a few months ago and I use it once a month but plan to try and do it 1 a week or bi-weekly. Now that the summer is coming I will be doing more curly styles so the steamer won't be a problem. It really makes my hair soft and super moisturized. I am almost 6 months post relaxer. I am transitioning. I still have mostly relaxed hair. I have made it to APL but never "claim" it because I cut some of my hair nearly everyday. Anxious to be natural but not rushing it.(IF that makes any sense) So for the most part, I stay at APL or a little above depending on my scissor happiness.lol

Do you own a steamer?

Yes, I do. I have the one from Hairgift.com. I just started using it and have used it twice - last Sunday and last night. I rarely wear my hair down, but I just have to lately. The steamers really boosts your conditioners. I am on a personal use-it-up challenge for products I don't intend to repurchase. I used Kenra last night and this morning, my hair is so silky. :yep: