Courtney

Courtney

Hey Gals,
I got my hair done 5 days ago (relaxer, trim, flat iron) and I had been doing so well with wrapping it up at night and keeping it looking nice when...it rained today. Oh, all the hats, hood, and umbrellas in the world couldn't save my sleek do for some reason today, so I was stuck.My first instinct would be to break out the flat iron and smoke my hair flat again, but I resisted. I was proud of my decision to put a little oil on it, braid it, mist some "Relax" spray (by John Frieda) and tie it up, but I feel like there's something more I should be moisturizing it with. I understand the importance of properly moisturized hair but I'm not quite sure what to use. I want something that won't be heavy, so it doesn't make my hair look greased down after I just got it done, but I want something affective...and not to break the bank. If anyone's had an experience like this and found a "miracle moisturizer" or just recommends a product that works really well on already styled hair, please let me know!!

Relaxed/fine texture/ 3 inches past shoulder

Nyambura

surfer girl
Hi Courtney, welcome! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Sorry you got your sleek new 'do rained on. Cheers for not breaking out the flat iron and smoking your hair flat again.

As for moisturizers, I like to use Elucence Moisture Balance conditioner as a leave-in. I don't put in a lot so my hair won't look greasy afterwards but it still feels moisturized.

As other members respond to your post, you will see that there are other inexpensive products available - but as for effectiveness, that comes down to how each individual's hair reacts. At various times I have also used Care Free Curl Activator, ORS Carrot Oil Creme, Wildgrowth Hair Oil, Jason's Sea Kelp Conditioner, and Farouk's Silk Filler, each equally effective.

Good luck on your search! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Robin41

Hi, Courtney. What you can do when the weather gets to your sleek do is simply moisturize it with whatever you usually use (leave-in conditioner or cream moisturizer or whatever), add your usual oil and re-wrap at night. In the morning, it should be straight again. This works especially well after a fresh touch-up.