Covered Hair= Hair Loss?

gloomgeisha

I keep my hair covered out of modesty so I usually always have my head wrapped unless I'm at home, but I've heard that your hair needs oxygen to grow and some women have even told me that keeping it covered will make it fall out, is this true? Will my hair fall out from keeping it covered all the time? /images/graemlins/tongue.giferplexed:

hottopic

everyones hair is different....that the way i look at it...what might work for me might not work for you.....just like dieting...men...religion /images/graemlins/look.gif
i say do what works for your hair...

Boadicea

A trichologist on Dateline said that this was untrue. Men had asked if wearing a hat often would cause hair loss and/or baldness.

frankie

I wore a head wrap for an extensive period of time...mostly due to convenience(grew out a short hair cut) and laziness...but my hair grew fine. The fabric was breathable, it was actually a thin sarong...not heavy at all. I made sure I kept my hair moisturized. Also, make sure you don't twist any of your hair with the fabric, so as not to cause unnecessary stress on your hair.