COWASH CHALLENGE 2012 PART II- April 1-June 30, 2012

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
^^^ I should go and read that thread because I am curious to know what a clarifying conditioner does as well.
Ogoma I used mine last night and it was good (it did leave a clean feel) but as I had it in my hair I went over the ingredients again and mine has dimethicone, that's why I had put it aside to begin with. Online I don't see dimethicone listed so I don't know what's up. It didn't feel like a silicone heavy product though....

HighAspirations

This challenge is just what I've been looking for! I just BC'd Yesterday so Ahh just in time.

Starting pic:
IMAG0667.jpg

1) How many times per week will you cowash?
At least five
2) What conditioners are you planning to use?
Um I haven't decided. So far its Herbal Essence Hello Hydration and maybe the totally twisted

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing?
Just providing proper moisture for my tresses. This is the first time in my life that I have been able to do wash n go's so I just want a big curly lovely fro!

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?
Um like every two weeks, maybe every week and a half

Ogoma

co-washed with Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner. I :love2: this conditioner, but because it is in a tube I am so heavy handed with it. The 8 oz size is gone after only 3-4 uses.

janeemat

I think I will join this since I started cowashing March 19th and has been doing it since then. I will have to come back with a starting pic.

How many times per week will you cowash? 2-3

What conditioners are you planning to use? Dominican Rinses for right now

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Thicker longer hair

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Once a week

greenandchic

How many times per week will you cowash?
I cowash about twice a week or every 3-4 days when needed.

What conditioners are you planning to use?
Tresemme Naturals
Trader Joe's Tree Tea Tingle
Renpure Organics Conditioners (buy on sale at Grocery Outlet)
Aussie Moist

Keep my hair moisturized and reduce breakage.

I have cleansing conditioners that I will use once every two weeks or longer. I have a clarifying shampoo that I will probably use once every month or longer.
Curl Junkie Daily Fix
L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
Giovanni 50:50

(I will post a picture next week.)

MaraWithLove

Co-washed three times this week:
Mon, Wed and today. I find that all my co-wash conditioners have their own purposes. For moisturizing I definitely like the Aloe, lemon and Rosemary conditioner best. Claudie's mango rinse is good to kind of 'set' my curl and firm my hair up before styling. I also really like the clarifying conditioner. They're all good so far. :lick:

Diva_Esq

Sorry, ladies! Catching up on tagging and adding people to the challenge! The law practice has been busy this week!! Everyone is added to this point. Thanks for joining! :yay:

I had to straighten for my seasonal trim and can't wait to cowash again in a week!

Ogoma

Co-washed out DC yesterday with TJ Refresh and co-washed today with TJ Nourish Spa. I think I have found my staple co-washers. Cheap, nice balance of moisturizing and cleansing, and somewhat easily accessible.

Ann0804

Diva_Esq

I wanna join. My starting picture's in my profile.

How many times per week will you cowash? 1-2

What conditioners are you planning to use? CJ Argon and Olive oil, aussie moist, suave almond/shea butter, as i am co wash

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? well moisturized hair, length

How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? 2 times a month or as needed.

Last edited:

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Co-washed on Friday with Trader Joe's Tingle Treat Conditioner...hair detangled like a breeze, rinsed and twisted with California Baby Super Sensitive Lotion and glycerin...wore a super soft, super defined, super fierce twist out for Easter!

greenandchic

Friday I cowashed with my Curl Junkie Daily Fix. I know its a cleansing conditioner, but I needed to get some butter out of my hair and regular conditioner wasn't going to cut it.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
Cowashed this morning with Giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture, wellness system and Joico moisture recovery and followed up with Darcys botanical pumpkin leave in and castor oil on the ends.

NaturalfienD

Hello All,

I am excited about this challenge- please sign me up; my information is as follows:

I will cowash three to four times per week-starting tonight and ongoing til reveal time. :spinning:

I looveee V05 Moisture Milk. It is all that. It is cheap too ... :yep:

Stimulate my scalp, increase moisture, and to make it that much closer to APL by October. :drunk:

I will shampoo (diluted) about once per month; no more than that though ... :look:

My starting pix, taken about two weeks ago:
no use b.jpg
no use.jpg

charmtreese

I want to join. Ive been co-washing once or twice a week for about a month or so.
MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
How many times per week will you cowash? 1 or 2 a week
What conditioners are you planning to use? Joico clinicure nourish for chemically treated hair, joico moisture recovery balm & conditioner...may try some others
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing? Moisturized, soft, non breaking hair
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? I will use joico kpak chelating shampoo once every 6 to 8 weeks

Here are my pics....I've bc the back, and I still have relaxed ends on top.

Attachments

• image-3183144754.jpg
    image-3183144754.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 24
  • image-1699668230.jpg
    image-1699668230.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image-1613330565.jpg
    image-1613330565.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 27

SmilingElephant

MUST:

BSBstretched.jpg

^^This pic is from February, my most recent length check

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
2-3 times a week

V05 and Suave conditioners, I'll also use Oyin Honey Hemp and the rest of my Aubrey Organics conditioners as rinse outs:D

Moisture and optimum growth retention:yep:

I shampoo once weekly, clarifying shampoo monthly