COWASH CHALLENGE 2012 PART II- April 1-June 30, 2012

lawyer2be371

I want in

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
How many times per week will you
2 to 3x a week
What conditioners are you planning to use?
Suave
What do you hope to achieve by cowashing?
Overall healthy hair speed up recovering from dye damage
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo?
Maybe once a month clarifying shampoo

Posted pics in my fotki of April damaged hair looking forward to June 30th

NaturalfienD

@NaturalfienD thanks for your response, a couple more things

So I'm guessing i should place the stocking cap on and cowash as usual with the water running downwards in the shower

When I've finished do I just remove stocking cap and blot the excess water

If it is as simple as this then let the cowashing begin

And let me tell you my cornrows are not that great but I get my sis to do them when she has time, though I'm thinking about getting the done at the shop as they should last a good 6 possible 8 weeks

Once again, BIG THANKS for the answer it makes it seem do easy now

Sent from my iPhone4S using LHCF

Hey Fab79~ yes, that is exactly what I do. The stocking cap acts as a barrier to prevent your hair from getting overly frizzy/fuzzy. When I am done co-washing, I remove the stocking cap and blot my hair with a towel to speed up the drying process. It is good to know that I am not the only one that struggles with cornrows ... great idea getting them done in the shop though. :yep: That way you know they will stay intact for a few weeks!! Glad this info was helpful!!! <3

NaturalfienD

Okay soooo,

I have only co-washed twice since my OP on 04/09/12 ... I have my hair in this ponytail with Marley Braiding Hair (courtesy of Blackonyx77, youtube) and I have not had to deal with it much. I just got the INSANITY DVD and will be doing my first exercise tonight ... with all of the sweating I will do, I am sure that I will be co-washing tonight. I will get on track with my three to four co-washing sessions per week though. Pray for ya girl. :)

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Will co wash in a few with AOHSR and will put some some SAA in my oil blend...I hope it disolves....

youwillrise

condition rinsing tonight w/ shea moisture restorative. i was gonna wait until tomorrow or wednesday...but it was pretty hot today...so i'm using that as an excuse. haha i really had the urge to do it yesterday, but decided that i was gonna wait.

may do it more often as the weather gets warmer...especially because i work with kids and all kinds of stuff ends up in my hair...including sand and germy hands. hahaha. "

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
I keep misplacing this challenge as part of the group that I follow. Sorry.

I have Cowashed everyday atleast for the par week. Except for one day I have been following up with castor oil on the ends. Not sure if it's the castor oil but my hair is not as fuzzy as fast as usual

SmilingElephant

I co washed last nite w/ my V05 Shea Cashmere...BUT....

I used my V05 Moisture Milks as a leave in:yep:

I'm now at a point where i feel like i need to use up all my conditioner stash...bc i feel i need to renew it all...i get like that every couple of months, idk why:perplexed

youwillrise

yeah...let me stop playin with this once a week thing. i'm gonna rinse & condition again tonight. i just always kinda feel gross in the warm weather and i automatically want to rinse my hair even more than usual...not that i dont want to wash/condition/whatever my hair any other time...i just want to do it even MORE during this time of year. haha.

using the california baby super sensitive conditioner.

naturalagain2

Hey Fab79~ yes, that is exactly what I do. The stocking cap acts as a barrier to prevent your hair from getting overly frizzy/fuzzy. When I am done co-washing, I remove the stocking cap and blot my hair with a towel to speed up the drying process. It is good to know that I am not the only one that struggles with cornrows ... great idea getting them done in the shop though. :yep: That way you know they will stay intact for a few weeks!! Glad this info was helpful!!! <3

NaturalfienD Can you do this with box braids w/ extensions as well? I want to get box braids this summer and wonder can I do the same thing.:scratchch

TruMe

Co-washed this morning with V05 Moisture Milks. Since I am bunning 5 days a week and working out 5 days a week, this co-washing thing in the mornings is working out great! I'm excited to see some serious growth come the end of this challenge.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
i actually didnt cowash today I just used water and followed up with Darcys pumpkin seed leave in. I was too tired after last nights workout.