cowash everyday?

c*c*chic*

Ok the search function is really not agreeing with me right now. i have some questions! ok so for the last 4 days I've been wearing a half wig and everyday while in the shower i cowash. i love it but is it ok to do? and ladies who are relaxed what do you put on your hair after you cowash? i plan on hiding my hair with a wavy wig all summer so im hoping this can be done everyday. it makes my hair soft! BUT i need something for my ends so they won't be dry. their looking kind of thirsty lol

Black Hoya Chick

i cowash daily and my hair loves it. its summer AND i work out so i cannot have that sweat just chilling there. plus that constant moisture will encourage healthy hair and growth

BrownieBrie

I am relaxed and i cowash daily. When i am done I put Giovanni Direct Leave In in my hair and seal with coconut oil

ellehair

I either co wash or just rinse with cold water in the shower daily and im relaxed - i put Giovanni or NTM and seal with jbco, coconut or any other oil i have on hand.. I bun and then proceed to put half wig on or full wig and hair is loving it..

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I co-wash daily; i then follow up with redken butter treat and seal with my oil mixture. Some days I put up in a ponytail, some days i'm wiggin it. Either way, my hair loves it!

MonPetite

Natural, bone-laxed and texlaxed I have cowashed (and shampooed while natural and texlaxed) daily with no issues. Only healthy hair.

soulie

I cowash daily as well. If the search function isn't working for you, try using this search term on Google:

daily+cowash site:longhaircareforum.com

I got too many results to post here :)

tthreat08

It really depends on your hair. For some it's good, for others it is not. I have done this with no problems. However, if you have hard water, you have to especially pay attention to use a good leave in moisturizer and even seal the ends with oil.

sheedahp

Im relaxed and I cowashed for the first time the other day and I had no idea what to do with my hair afterwards. I just let it air dry but I was due for a relaxer so I didnt comb it and it looked like a mess for a couple of days. And when you guys say seal the ends do you mean put the oil on wet hair after the leave in conditioner?

JolieRose24

I actually had the exact same question, I also wanted to know how the relaxed ladies where their hair for working out...

chebaby

im natural. i co wash every single day and my hair loves it. if i dont feel like using conditioner i will still wet my hair in the shower with just water but my hair must be wet everyday. its my process lmao.

iNicola

It really depends on your hair. For some it's good, for others it is not. I have done this with no problems. However, if you have hard water, you have to especially pay attention to use a good leave in moisturizer and even seal the ends with oil.
I agree. I live in a hard water area and recently installed a water filter. Although it doesn't soften the water, it does remove the chlorine which helps a bit. I co wash every other day and put NTM leave in or V05 Moisture Milk condish and coconut oil.

c*c*chic*

so yesterday i tried it again with great results!!! it was a wash day, i used the porosity control stuff after i dc'd, i used my leave-in, keratin reconstructor, profectiv healthy ends, and castor oil to seal. i love it!!